Loud Turn Signals Save Lives
Post Reply    Forum -> Modern Vespa Wiki
NOTE: This topic has a wiki article associated with it. You may view it here.
Petty Tyrant
GT200 GTS250 GTS300 MP3 500
Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:17 pm quote
Created article Loud Turn Signals Save Lives

(This message was automatically generated)
Destroyer of Worlds
Beverly 125, Vespa GT200
Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:44 pm quote
I connected mine in parallel with the pilot lamp (in the headset). The buzzer itself hangs by the wires outside the headset top. It's hard to hear over wind noise (through earplugs) at top speed, but around town it's more than adequate.
Lurker
ET4
Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:36 pm quote
Buzzers!
Fabulous. Works like a charm. Didn't cut and splice at all, the wires connected right to the signal lights nicely.
Lurker
GT 200L 2005
Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:26 am quote
Thank you for this....
yes thanks for this- will have a crack at doing it as the panel flash lights are very dim on my GT200 and i like the beeping on my mate's LML (the right one on the dash doesn't even flash or go on- so next will be to figure out how to get that working too so it flashes- and beeps ) Don't fancy going over a car bonnet again
Hooked
LX150
Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:20 pm quote
As cheap as the piezo buzzers are at Radio Shack, instead of any complicated wiring, why not just use 2 buzzers, one for left and one for right?

Cary
Moderaptor
2xGP800, Fuoco, X9 500 Evo, The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug), 'Olive' (GT200) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:48 am quote
If you have two buzzers without diodes, you can't used the brakelight switch output as the buzzers' grounding point, as one or both of the buzzers would be on all the time. If you're going to add diodes to allow this, why use two buzzers in the first place?

Why use the brakelight output as the grounding point? Simples, even with the turn signal on, the buzzers go silent when the brake lights are on, which saves considerable annoyance both to the rider and passers-by when waiting at traffic lights etc. It also performs the useful check that each brake light switch is working, and that the brake light bulb(s) are functional.
Your Rally Here   Maroon Powersports LLC DBA Scooter Centrale   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
NOTE: This topic has a wiki article associated with it. You may view it here.
Post Reply    Forum -> Modern Vespa Wiki
[ Time: 0.2149s ][ Queries: 30 (0.1363s) ][ Debug on ]