PX200 with supercharger running issues
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
Author Message
Addicted
Vespa PX200
Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 621
Location: Sydney, Australia
Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:46 pm quote
Not running quite right yet but it'll get there once the mappings sorted in the ECU.

2013-11-29 11.42.17r.jpg

2013-11-29 11.42.31r.jpg

2013-11-29 11.42.47r.jpg

2013-11-29 11.43.29r.jpg

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
Joined: 27 Jul 2010
Posts: 10207
Location: This is't my locker!
Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:18 pm quote
Cool! let's see how it's all routed under the cowl.. did you fab that flywheel end pulley?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 17006
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:31 pm quote
nooooooo
level them panels out ......

n its not ocd its cdo... the letters must be in order
Evil
p2, jet2, lml166
Joined: 17 May 2013
Posts: 666
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:06 pm quote
what the fuck is that?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7049
Location: Victoria, Australia
Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:05 pm quote
Nice one Terry. How are you keeping it cool?

Have you talked to Paul McIntosh? He's made up one for his salt lake racer. Not fitted it yet as he ran out of time to do Lake Gardiner this year. I'm sure he'd be happy to hear from you - http://www.vespalabs.org/, https://www.facebook.com/paul.mcintosh.545?fref=ts
Addicted
Steeellaaa!!
Joined: 03 Aug 2013
Posts: 928
Location: Canada
Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:00 pm quote
You are a living legend! Love to hear it running, any video?
Hooked
P200E
Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 353
Location: East Lansing, MI
Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:24 pm quote
I'd like to see it take a right hand turn . . .

Last edited by khittner on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Ossessionato
MP3 500 - GTV250
Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 2968
Location: Near Pittsburgh
Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:30 pm quote
"Not running quite right yet but it'll get there once the mappings sorted in the ECU."


Do you expect that the ECU will self-adjust to this? Does it have that much range?
Addicted
Vespa PX200
Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 621
Location: Sydney, Australia
Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:14 pm quote
The ECU doesn't self adjust, it just allows the fuel and ignition maps to be whatever you choose. It's a fairly generic after market car unit that allows you to write whatever maps you choose at 50rpm increments. Think TuneECU or TuneBOY (and to a lesser extent Power Commander) in the bike world or EVOscan in the car modding game.

Ginch, this isn't my project it's the pet folly of a friend of mine with a servo on Victoria Road in Drummoyne. The s'charger was left over after he finished fitting two on a Fiat Abarth 500 ( ) and in a Valpolicella induced haze he thought 'why not'.

BTW did you see the latest issue of Cycle Torque? Paul McIntosh gets a wrap in an article about the burgeoning hipster influence on the custom/rat/classic jap scene.

ps, are you doing the SA/Vic Mille this year? I've already committed to riding in the Welsh 2-Day Trial over in the UK at that time. Got myself a ride on a 'mid '70's SWM in the Vinduro class. Wish me luck, I'll need it.
Addicted
Steeellaaa!!
Joined: 03 Aug 2013
Posts: 928
Location: Canada
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:48 am quote
khittner wrote:
I like to see it take a right hand turn . . .
Maybe consider a training wheel for that one side to prevent any grinding while taking a tight turn.

@Moderator. There, I gave advice. Can I have half a mod target now?

motorcycle_training_wheels.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7049
Location: Victoria, Australia
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:58 am quote
TCC wrote:
The ECU doesn't self adjust, it just allows the fuel and ignition maps to be whatever you choose. It's a fairly generic after market car unit that allows you to write whatever maps you choose at 50rpm increments. Think TuneECU or TuneBOY (and to a lesser extent Power Commander) in the bike world or EVOscan in the car modding game.

Ginch, this isn't my project it's the pet folly of a friend of mine with a servo on Victoria Road in Drummoyne. The s'charger was left over after he finished fitting two on a Fiat Abarth 500 ( ) and in a Valpolicella induced haze he thought 'why not'.

BTW did you see the latest issue of Cycle Torque? Paul McIntosh gets a wrap in an article about the burgeoning hipster influence on the custom/rat/classic jap scene.

ps, are you doing the SA/Vic Mille this year? I've already committed to riding in the Welsh 2-Day Trial over in the UK at that time. Got myself a ride on a 'mid '70's SWM in the Vinduro class. Wish me luck, I'll need it.
Sounds like fun!

Thanks for pointing that article out. Though whether it's the last word in accuracy I'm not sure...
Quote:
After being clocked at 132.29km/h on Gairdner Salt Lake, Paul increased the power from 8.7 to 32hp.
Takes quite some doing, getting 132km/h from 8.7hp!

Yes I've been looking forward to the Mille since coming home from the last one! Sorry you'll miss it, but I can see why you made your choice!
nothing at all
Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 9657
Location: westla
Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:32 am quote
Claude wrote:
There, I gave advice. Can I have half a mod target now?
No


The PO is doing something innovative and still keeping it real with an Italian shifting 2 stroke and all you can come up with is a lame image making jest on behalf of someone elses quote.

You failed.
Ossessionato
1964 GS 160 MK II, 1967 Vespa GT, 1968 SS180, 1964 Vespa GL, 1964 Vespa VBB, 2006 Buddy 125, 2013 BMW C650GT
Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 2928
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:08 am quote
khittner wrote:
I'd like to see it take a right hand turn . . .
I don't care if it turns...I wanna see it run in a straight line...like a 1/4 mile!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 17006
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:50 am quote
bill roach
move to merica n youll never need to turn ..... can we hear/see it running
Addicted
Steeellaaa!!
Joined: 03 Aug 2013
Posts: 928
Location: Canada
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:26 pm quote
jimmyb865 wrote:
Claude wrote:
There, I gave advice. Can I have half a mod target now?
No


The PO is doing something innovative and still keeping it real with an Italian shifting 2 stroke and all you can come up with is a lame image making jest on behalf of someone elses quote.

You failed.
Jeez, it was just a joke, lighten up.
nothing at all
Joined: 14 Nov 2008
Posts: 9657
Location: westla
Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:48 pm quote
Claude wrote:
jimmyb865 wrote:
No

You failed.
Jeez, it was just a joke, lighten up.
Ha...yea, still funny.
Hooked
rollin on 8s
Joined: 06 Mar 2010
Posts: 283
Location: NZ
Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:11 pm quote
might need a wheelie bar. Beer it sounds great!
Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 7288
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:16 pm quote
Re: bill roach
T5bitza69 wrote:
move to merica n youll never need to turn .....
or stay in jolly ol england with your bad teeth and shitty food...

oh, wow, see how that works? brash generalizations can be turned right around.

stop being a twatwaffle

-g
Ossessionato
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred
Joined: 07 Oct 2010
Posts: 4630
Location: Dublin
Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:09 pm quote
Not sure if joking about the world famous motorways in America is a brash generalisation
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 17006
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:59 am quote
stiff arms
grease you is a large cock ...... got bored after a while but hows this for a generalization .............

1.jpg

2.jpg

8.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

6.jpg

Ossessionato
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred
Joined: 07 Oct 2010
Posts: 4630
Location: Dublin
Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:14 pm quote


Now that's a road
Hooked
1985 T5, 1978 50 Special, 1985 Honda Elite 150, 1965 Honda C100, 2007 Vino 125
Joined: 19 Nov 2013
Posts: 336
Location: Home of the Mayo Clinic
Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:00 pm quote
jackson85 wrote:


Now that's a road
Nah, now THERE is a road, or a street anyway

lombard-st.jpg

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Joined: 21 Oct 2005
Posts: 7288
Location: The state of insanity, SoCal
Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:13 pm quote
:insert heavy sighs and rolling of the eyes here:

T5, i don't have the time nor the inclination to GIS images of soccer hooligans with bad teeth or figgy pudding.

carry on being a bell end and adding nothing as per usual.

cheerio gov'ner and all that shite

xo
-g
Hooked
Vespa P200E & P125x
Joined: 09 May 2012
Posts: 317
Location: Ohio
Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:08 pm quote
Looking forward in seeing this when done! Subscribingalong .
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 17006
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:15 am quote
poor you
what ya need is a sense of humour ........ n whats that drivel mean ya posted??! i got some of it ...... gis images.. never posted filth like that
Ossessionato
2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
Joined: 26 May 2013
Posts: 3819
Location: Millbin, Ostrayleea, mate
Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:35 am quote
Melbourne ... 5lane motorway, and only 80kmh, with a campaign to "wipe off 5".

New Zealand ... Goat track, 100kmh zone.
My fav... http://www.softnz.com/TheMotu/TheMotu.html

Note: 60mph zone! Fuk yeah!

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?client=safari&hl=en&q=the+motu+road&ie=UTF-8&ei=D2XzUtWAFoTSkwW63YDABw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA
Ossessionato
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred
Joined: 07 Oct 2010
Posts: 4630
Location: Dublin
Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:43 am quote
Roads in Ireland are like that sub. The good dual carriageways and such are 60kmh and the poxy country roads are 80 to 100. And nearly everyday there is road deaths on those country roads. We got lots of speed cameras on the Dublin roads though. What a racket
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and new to 2018, '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
Joined: 30 Nov 2011
Posts: 7049
Location: Victoria, Australia
Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:06 am quote
SubEtherBASS wrote:
New Zealand ... Goat track, 100kmh zone.
My fav... http://www.softnz.com/TheMotu/TheMotu.html

Note: 60mph zone! Fuk yeah!
SubEB, that roads looks VERY much like the Wild Dog Creek Rd you missed out on that day.
jackson85 wrote:
Roads in Ireland are like that sub. The good dual carriageways and such are 60kmh and the poxy country roads are 80 to 100. And nearly everyday there is road deaths on those country roads. We got lots of speed cameras on the Dublin roads though. What a racket
We got rid of the speed cameras here Jackson.

But now we have "safety cameras".


But on the other hand...

Veni, Vidi, Posti
px200 cutdown,px180,px150. Puch SR. Puch scooterette
Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 5109
Location: west aus
Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:19 am quote
button
TCC already knows we dont have any straight roads here




goodnight
Ossessionato
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred
Joined: 07 Oct 2010
Posts: 4630
Location: Dublin
Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:03 am quote
Oh they call them safety cameras here too. Put them on long straight roads with slow limitsiinstead of the bad winding ones with high speed limits. Very safe indeed
Turnkey 79
2 helmets, 2 jackets, 4 spark plugs, 2 rear bulbs, some bolts, a spring, an ET rear rack, clear indicators and half a can of unleaded, but no bike!
Joined: 14 Jan 2011
Posts: 3646
Location: The British Countryside
Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:57 pm quote
How you getting on with the running issues TCC?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 17006
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:58 am quote
longer leg
ive been fuckin about wi a lad on a nifty50 wi one o them signs....
theres one on me way to work n if i stay in a straight line it dont see me ..... a lad on a 50 pulled up at the junction n said
that speed thing didnt come on ... why
i pointed at the front of the scoot n said .. stealth paint
where ya get that
tinterweb
cool im gonna look at work ...

then last week he caught me again at same junction ....
it lit up green n said 42 ..
itll be the dirt on the front mate
no ya dont get it it was green 42 ... it was saying you where ok to do 42 ... i cant find the paint anywhere to buy
i laughed n said bye

images.jpg
its green when under n red when over the limit

Ossessionato
MP3 500 - GTV250
Joined: 07 Jul 2010
Posts: 2968
Location: Near Pittsburgh
Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:38 am quote
Re: longer leg
T5bitza69 wrote:
ive been fuckin about wi a lad on a nifty50 wi one o them signs....
theres one on me way to work n if i stay in a straight line it dont see me ..... a lad on a 50 pulled up at the junction n said
that speed thing didnt come on ... why
i pointed at the front of the scoot n said .. stealth paint
where ya get that
tinterweb
cool im gonna look at work ...

then last week he caught me again at same junction ....
it lit up green n said 42 ..
itll be the dirt on the front mate
no ya dont get it it was green 42 ... it was saying you where ok to do 42 ... i cant find the paint anywhere to buy
i laughed n said bye
You shudda tole him you stole it from the Air Force. He'd might have signed up.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.1895s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0362s) ][ Debug on ]