Vespa primavera chrome crash bars
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Lurker
Primavera 125
Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:07 am quote
Hi, I have just joined this forum and already looking for advice. I bought original Vespa chrome crash bars (front and rear) for my 2014 primavera 125. There are no fitting instructions and no reply to my email to Vespa crazy(UK). Has anyone fitted these? The rear ones I can understand but can't figure the bolting points for the front ones. Can't decide whether I have to remove the original piaggio badge on the front and use the long bolt to replace the black bolt behind the badge. Reluctant to remove the black bolt in case it's holding something important in place. Thanks in advance. Gary
Hooked
2015 Primavera 50
Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:25 pm quote
Didn't see any replies and it's been a couple months, but on the off chance you haven't figured out the Piaggio badge question, yes, you must remove the original. Use the spacer and the rubber mount with the long screw. It took us a bit to figure it out, a bit like a puzzle. Hopefully you got it figured out by now. I put bars on mine a couple weeks ago. Looks great!
Lurker
Primavera 125
Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:48 pm quote
Crash Bars
Thanks for your reply. Yes I got them fitted but the front top part protrudes slightly rather than a snug fit but it isnt really a problem.
I cant understand why neither Vespa, the dealer that sold me them or two other vespa dealers couldn't/ wouldn't help me. I see you had difficulty but figured it out. They look really nice don't they? Thanks again
Hooked
2015 Primavera 50
Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:28 pm quote
Yes,the front bars were designed to protrude at the top. Not sure why, maybe so one can add extra lights and mirrors? I had dealer help installing mine but we could not have done it without the pics posted on this website of another PV with bars. Zoomed in on the pics to see how they fit together then looked at the frame to decide which hole they go in. And a lot of ingenuity. Said they hadn't had any PV bar installs before. It would have been quicker and easier with an exploded diagram, for sure! Glad you got yours on. Yes, they really are very sharp looking!
Primavera 150
Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:40 pm quote
in case you havent figured it out just yet....

in the case of the front crash bar you have to remove the rubber cover underneath the primavera.
Primavera 150
Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:51 pm quote
Hooked
2015 Primavera 50
Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:33 pm quote
Nice looking scoot! The video is great. Wish it was around a couple months ago, but it is sure to be of much help to others. Thank you!
Primavera 150
Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:37 pm quote
PrimaBlanco1 wrote:
Nice looking scoot! The video is great. Wish it was around a couple months ago, but it is sure to be of much help to others. Thank you!
Thanks! yours looked great too. ive preferred getting the white primavera but the scarcity of color choices here in Manila lead me to choose the black one.

Ive just installed mine a couple of weeks ago. these videos were of great help.
Hooked
2015 Primavera 50
Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:35 pm quote
flipster wrote:
PrimaBlanco1 wrote:
Thanks! yours looked great too. ive preferred getting the white primavera but the scarcity of color choices here in Manila lead me to choose the black one.

Ive just installed mine a couple of weeks ago. these videos were of great help.
Thank you! They only had a blue/tan one and this white/maroon one when I went to buy. To order a different color would be $500 more. I liked the light green/black but the seat wasn't right for me. I would have gone for black or red if they had one, but thought the white was attractive also. Honestly, they're all beautiful, but then I am biased, lol!

Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:43 am quote
Thank you for posting those videos! Helpful as we were installing our chrome leg and rear crash bars on our primavera.
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1478s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0431s) ][ Debug on ]