Euro Signal Conversion on an LXV
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
Vespa LXV 150
Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:20 am quote
Did this last night. Took about an hour plus. Once I took out the chrome signal mounting bar, I had to cut the screws 15mm in order to screw back in to the instrument cluster. The Euro signals wire clips on to an unused harness on the left side.

[/img]
Hooked
PX150 & T5
Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:39 pm quote
Looks great, the conversion is a MUST on the LXV as the crappy tacked on signals look even worse with the naked handlebars.
Enthusiast
Vespa LXV (2007)
Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:29 pm quote
Looks great! I am gonna do mine now...
Enthusiast
Vespa LX-V
Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:13 pm quote
MarkMc wrote:
Looks great! I am gonna do mine now...
same here! i think it kinda makes it look like a px150.
Enthusiast
Vespa LXV (2007)
Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:47 pm quote
I did the Euro conversion on my LXV tonight. I found the pink/white wire that the directions say is under the instrument cluster on the LX was actually down in the area behind the horn cover. Once I found the wire in there, and cut down the bolts its pretty straightforward.
Addicted
GT 200L named Prosciutto
Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:12 pm quote
I finally did the Euro signal conversion on Stacy's LXV tonight and it was pretty much like MarcMC and NorCalLXV said except that I was having a biotch of a time finding the extra pink/white wiring harness.

Having dug in every reachable crevice and tugged on every wire, I elected to remove the glovebox (with thanks again to Smorris, whose post on installing a 12-v plug included photos and instructions on removing the glovebox http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic1935.html).

It was a good thing too, because my wiring harness was actually zip-tied to a bundle of cables and would never have come free. I snipped the zip-tie, rebundled the rest of the wires and completed the install per the instructions from Motorwest.

Since I had everything open, I also fed the original leads (now unused) back through the access hole and zip-tied them out of the way, making re-fitting of the speedo assembly a little easier and unobstructed.

As the other guys did, I also cut 15mm off the two outer screws on the speedo case, though the thicker middle one did not need trimming.

Just thought I'd pile on these details in case anyone else does this mod on an LXV.

Dongoose
Missouri Loves Company Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports
[ Time: 0.2447s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0466s) ][ Debug on ]