2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini

Ossessionato
@fudmucker avatar
2021 GTS 300 HPE +2013 GTS 300ie + 294 Polini
UTC quote
It is sunny.
The dawn minimum temperature was 15C.
The expected max is 35C.

TOMORROW THE CAST ON MY LEFT HAND COMES OFF AND I CAN GRASP THE GRIP ON THE BAR AGAIN...!

Sorry for shouting.
I am chuffed - it itches like hell.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, Primavera, some pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC quote
Filled up the LX today. Got 8.5L in (thats exactly how big the tank is supposed to be).
Scooter emoticon

The bad news is I got 209km from that, before the 190 kit I was getting 240.
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
Momnipotent2k wrote:
I'm still glowing from it so yeah - me, a middle-aged Asian woman wearing mom jeans and granny glasses passed the class here in rural New England - definitely still cheering me up.
Momnipotent2k, congrats! on the successful test!
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
znomit wrote:
Filled up the LX today. Got 8.5L in (thats exactly how big the tank is supposed to be).
Scooter emoticon

Two things might be going on here. First if this was the first tank of gas It might just need breaking in before mileage improves, Second and most likely is you are having too much fun with the added power!
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2013 Piaggio BV 350, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
kshansen wrote:
znomit wrote:
Scooter emoticon

Two things might be going on here. First if this was the first tank of gas It might just need breaking in before mileage improves, Second and most likely is you are having too much fun with the added power!
And third, those ~30km represents less than one liter of fuel, right? So how full it was last time vs. how full the tank is this time will play a potentially big role in changes to **apparent** km/L.
@johnymoore avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE, Triumph Bobber Gold Line

Molto Verboso
@johnymoore avatar
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo, Vespa GTS Super 300 HPE, Triumph Bobber Gold Line
UTC quote
Momnipotent2k wrote:
I passed the MSF course this weekend! Temps in upper 80s, humid, I was clearly the most timid rider after the other woman dropped out. I wanted to give up because I could not coordinate the clutch and throttle and gear shifting and brakes. Too much for my brain in that humidity and full sun beating down on us with no shade in sight for 2 days straight. Still, I pushed through and did it! These 2 older guys in the class said they were so impressed with me and how I just stayed at it. One said that he couldn't believe how well I did on the 2nd day (after tanking almost everything on the 1st day, lol). The other one said that I kept him going because I didn't give up. So sweet. I'm still glowing from it so yeah - me, a middle-aged Asian woman wearing mom jeans and granny glasses passed the class here in rural New England - definitely still cheering me up.
Well done! Clap emoticon
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'07 LX150 (Sold), '17 GTS300, '16 BV350, '15 EN650, '09 FXDF (sold). '15 FLSTN

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
Not much.

Rest in peace Judy Rossman.
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
Well not sure if I mentioned on this site that last Saturday we lost a dear friend, one of the four legged ones. A retired racing Greyhound who then spent some time as a service dog for a Vet with PTSD along with some other physical problems. When he could no longer provide Libby with the care she needed we gladly took her in for the last 3 years.

As it turned out this sweet girl had her own problems worst being bone cancer. That was what did her in in the end. Just a quick turn while running and her right rear knee shattered. She also had sever reactions to anesthesia so an operation to remove bad leg along with other problems left little choice.

Now I know this sounds rather somber a story for me to be posting it in the "What's cheering you up" thread

Well as it turned out we learned about a two year old Grey, Chad, who was in need of a "forever home". I have a feeling this guy is going to be a handful but I'm sure we will all learn what works for all us. He is only one month off the track so might take some time to get used to the life of leisure.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@cballweg avatar
UTC

Hooked
Honda Aero 1100

Hooked
@cballweg avatar
Honda Aero 1100
UTC quote
Momnipotent2k wrote:
I passed the MSF course this weekend! Temps in upper 80s, humid, I was clearly the most timid rider after the other woman dropped out. I wanted to give up because I could not coordinate the clutch and throttle and gear shifting and brakes. Too much for my brain in that humidity and full sun beating down on us with no shade in sight for 2 days straight. Still, I pushed through and did it! These 2 older guys in the class said they were so impressed with me and how I just stayed at it. One said that he couldn't believe how well I did on the 2nd day (after tanking almost everything on the 1st day, lol). The other one said that I kept him going because I didn't give up. So sweet. I'm still glowing from it so yeah - me, a middle-aged Asian woman wearing mom jeans and granny glasses passed the class here in rural New England - definitely still cheering me up.
Congratulations on a job well done. Now the real fun begins. Keep us posted and don't forget, pictures...
@larrytsg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200e

Ossessionato
@larrytsg avatar
1979 P200e
UTC quote
Dogs just make life better......

I have four right now, and they're a strange little pack. But as I sit here working I watch them snuggle and sleep in all sorts of different permutations... 2 small dogs and 2 big dogs, the brown dogs and the black dogs, the mutts and the identifiable dogs, the poo eaters and the non poo eaters..... and sometimes three smaller ones and the big girl all alone.

And through it all, the snoring soundtrack of an old toothless chihuahua
@sacto_monkeyboy avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@sacto_monkeyboy avatar
GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Actually scooter related!

On Friday night my wife decided not to walk the two blocks to our kids school's Fall Festival. Her first time on the scoot and our first two up ride since my now 9yr old was in her belly!!!

After we left, rode into Sacramento proper. We had the opportunity to meet Lalo Alcarez and purchase some of his prints/magnets from him and listen to some of his stories.

Then rode back home. She's not the biggest fan of riding and the 300 has more power than the 150. It had more room than before and was a bit more stable than we both remember.

It made my heart super happy and I hope for more times to ride with her!
@ks7877 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ks7877 avatar
UTC quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
Reading this made my day. Thanks for posting it!
@kshansen avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)

Molto Verboso
@kshansen avatar
GTV300 (wife's)
UTC quote
Larrytsg wrote:
Dogs just make life better......

Larry so true! Was worried some would think we were not giving the girl we lost a proper memory by getting a new dog so fast. But we both feel in our way we are showing how important she was and always will be to us as her loss was flt so deep.

This guy is something of a hand full with being only about 2 1/2 years old and his last official race was just about a month ago.

He is sure becoming a mama's boy, actually it would be better to call him a ladies man as a friend of ours stopped by today and he practically ran over and gave her a hug and kiss the minute she came in the house!

Me I almost have to wear a dog biscut on a string around my neck to get any attention!
@momnipotent2k avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2008 Vespa GTS 250ie

Enthusiast
@momnipotent2k avatar
2008 Vespa GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
Yay for you and your wife!

My husband can relate. I wanted nothing to do with riding even pre-kids though I was sad for my husband when he sold his motorcycle for a more practical and reliable vehicle. Now, I call him up and ask him to come home early so we can go riding - him on his new-to-him motorcycle and me on my Vespa. For our 20th anniversary tomorrow we were planning to ride a few towns over for a lunch date, but rain is forecasted so we are going south in search of a better helmet for me. He loves that I enjoy it so much now! He is still hoping that I will "upgrade" to a motorcycle, but I love my scooter. Our oldest is so proud she has non-boring parents, lol!
@ducatiss avatar
UTC

Addicted
1979 P200E, 2006 Piaggio Fly 150, 2010 GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@ducatiss avatar
1979 P200E, 2006 Piaggio Fly 150, 2010 GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
Actually scooter related!

On Friday night my wife decided not to walk the two blocks to our kids school's Fall Festival. Her first time on the scoot and our first two up ride since my now 9yr old was in her belly!!!

After we left, rode into Sacramento proper. We had the opportunity to meet Lalo Alcarez and purchase some of his prints/magnets from him and listen to some of his stories.

Then rode back home. She's not the biggest fan of riding and the 300 has more power than the 150. It had more room than before and was a bit more stable than we both remember.

This made me happy. I can relate, my wife was terrified on my Ducati and I rode less than I would have wanted rather than going alone. When we bought the GTS, it all changed. She loves riding two up now and we run a lot of our local errands on the Vespa or Fly.
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
My wife and i are coming on 40 years mostly each on our own scooter or mc.
@sacto_monkeyboy avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 300 Super

Addicted
@sacto_monkeyboy avatar
GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
This morning on my commute, I found one of the other riders in my city who FINALLY got his ride back!

I confused a male puppy being on a bush. After he finished he wanted to come play and the owner had to yank him away.

There's a homeless guy (at least I assume he's homeless) who hangs out near 16th Street & J street here in Sacramento. I've run into him before a few times. All he does is wave, say hi and tried to spread joy. Today I honked and waved at him and he got so excited! As many of the morning commuters ignore him and don't wave or honk. He made my day and I brought him a moment of joy. It was a great shared moment between two humans.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS (on the bench) 2017 BV 350

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
There's a homeless guy (at least I assume he's homeless) who hangs out near 16th Street & J street here in Sacramento. I've run into him before a few times. All he does is wave, say hi and tried to spread joy. Today I honked and waved at him and he got so excited! As many of the morning commuters ignore him and don't wave or honk. He made my day and I brought him a moment of joy. It was a great shared moment between two humans.
I can relate. My neighbor's had a Down's syndrome kid...well, he was in his '40s by then, I think. Used to stand by the road waiting for his bus. I'd wave at him and he absolutely loved it....big smile. Made my day too. 8)
@madison_sully avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@madison_sully avatar
UTC quote
Trust can turn out well
I recently sold my 2009 Ford Focus, which has around 252,000 miles on it.
So not worth a ton, certainly.
I had advertised it at $2000 and got a few hits.
The first potential buyer I showed the car to turned out to be a guy who was helping his girlfriend buy a new(er) car. Quarter of a million miles being a newer car....
Anyway, it turned out her home had been flooded recently (she's from west of Madison Wi which has had some rather tremendous problems with water lately). Lost her house, lost her car, ....

So I showed it to them, she drove it for a while (I was in the back seat), and LOVED it. Her guy friend 'checked under the hood', said he was impressed how nice it was for how many miles it had on it. We talked for a while, but at the time I was thinking I'd have a lot of folks interested as I had several others inquiring about it. She said she wanted it, but didn't have the money, could I hold it? I said no, well, OK two days.

Couldn't sleep that night.

...screw it. Sent the guy a message ('cuz I didn't have her contact info...). $1500, I'll deliver it during the weekend, pay me when you can.

Delivered the car, signed over the title, and left. No payment.

Three weeks later (today), got a check in the mail. Done deal.

Things can work out.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
Re: Trust can turn out well
Madison Sully wrote:
I recently sold my 2009 Ford Focus, which has around 252,000 miles on it.
So not worth a ton, certainly.
I had advertised it at $2000 and got a few hits.
The first potential buyer I showed the car to turned out to be a guy who was helping his girlfriend buy a new(er) car. Quarter of a million miles being a newer car....
Anyway, it turned out her home had been flooded recently (she's from west of Madison Wi which has had some rather tremendous problems with water lately). Lost her house, lost her car, ....

So I showed it to them, she drove it for a while (I was in the back seat), and LOVED it. Her guy friend 'checked under the hood', said he was impressed how nice it was for how many miles it had on it. We talked for a while, but at the time I was thinking I'd have a lot of folks interested as I had several others inquiring about it. She said she wanted it, but didn't have the money, could I hold it? I said no, well, OK two days.

Couldn't sleep that night.

...screw it. Sent the guy a message ('cuz I didn't have her contact info...). $1500, I'll deliver it during the weekend, pay me when you can.

Delivered the car, signed over the title, and left. No payment.

Three weeks later (today), got a check in the mail. Done deal.

Things can work out.
You're a real mensch, Robert. Knowing you, it's not surprising. Still, understand the trust thing was the main point. Hope it serves her well.
@maggiegirl avatar
UTC

Addicted
2021 Primavera 150 touring, 2016 LXV 150 ie, 1978 Vespa P125, 2019 Piaggio Liberty 150

Addicted
@maggiegirl avatar
2021 Primavera 150 touring, 2016 LXV 150 ie, 1978 Vespa P125, 2019 Piaggio Liberty 150
UTC quote
Plate came for my $10 baby, $135 title fee and plate, $25 sales taxes (ya, Illinois). I'll take it down Sunday and maybe Myke will put it on. And I get to ride her in the parade down in St. Louis/the Hill October 7, got to go buy some penny candy...
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
hospital food
I've eaten half a bowl of cornflakes without throwing them back up .... the growth has started to squish me stomach pipe n nothing will go in .... hopefully another stent will sort this out .... but I'm just happy to eat these cheap things
@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)
UTC quote
Rain! The airport received over two inches of rain since midnight. It won't end the 20+ year drought, but hope springs anyway.
@kimono32 avatar
UTC

Addicted
'66 Super 150

Addicted
@kimono32 avatar
'66 Super 150
UTC quote
Four Halloween costumes laying on my sofa: Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, and Stormtrooper. Also three light sabers.

Think I'll add Yoda for me and try to bribe hub into Chewbacca and we'll all traipse up and down the neighborhood together on Oct 31.

Pumpkin candles, an inch of JD in a glass, and the dishwasher humming its merry little tune. Simple pleasures. Happy Fall!
@waspmike avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X

Ossessionato
@waspmike avatar
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold) Now Honda Zoomer X
UTC quote
Re: hospital food
T5bitza69 wrote:
I've eaten half a bowl of cornflakes without throwing them back up .... the growth has started to squish me stomach pipe n nothing will go in .... hopefully another stent will sort this out .... but I'm just happy to eat these cheap things
As a kid I would only eat cornflakes with hot/warm milk!

I don't like "dry" foods . IE dip biscuits in tea etc..
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
I'm working!
I almost got corralled into taking my daughter and a friend to a K-pop concert in Chicago with my wife. Long story, but it was a big thing to the kid, so mom relented. I sat back.

I was supposed to be the driver, but there was no good alternative for my mandatory CPR training today. I'm sure my presence would be appreciated, but hanging out with a couple of adolescent girls and my wife for a day and a half makes work look like a great alternative. 8)

I don't even want to imagine a crowd of 20,000 or so screaming adolescents.

God, I'm old. Crying or Very sad emoticon
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
tiny dancer
waspmike wrote:

Wish mine was a childish fad.
Duodenal mesh stent fitted. ... feel rough as fuck but a week in hospital n I'm off home to me own bed ..... brill
Need to slow the growth now the fucking shite shitty shit
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
Re: tiny dancer
T5bitza69 wrote:
waspmike wrote:

Wish mine was a childish fad.
Duodenal mesh stent fitted. ... feel rough as fuck but a week in hospital n I'm off home to me own bed ..... brill
Need to slow the growth now the fucking shite shitty shit
Keep on keepin' on Bitza!

We all love ya. Hope you know that.
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
too horrible for me enemies
Finally home ..... the nurses said they feel it disgusting how the doc that did the op didn't really introduce himself properly and made me scared till it was finally done. .... wanted me to put a complaint in against him but no thanx
@tdrake avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 GT200

Ossessionato
@tdrake avatar
2006 GT200
UTC quote
Local car-tire place caved to my entreaty that they try to mount my Vespa tire on their machine. They were mighty skeptical, but...

It worked!

And, better yet, they did it for free.

What I really need to do is learn how to do this at home, but...naw.

Dunno if this is a local, regional, small-town or simply common thing, but the same place will "bolt on" your snow/road tires/wheels every fall/winter for free. (So long as they're already mounted on wheels.)

Maybe it's just old-fashioned marketing -- as in we'll treat you really, really well so that you come back -- but this just always restores my faith in humanity.

Since they've been doing this for me for a quarter of a century I was thinking I should buy them $100 in free-coffee cards or sumpin.
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
tdrake wrote:
Since they've been doing this for me for a quarter of a century I was thinking I should buy them $100 in free-coffee cards or sumpin.
Bring 'em coffee and a box of donuts.
@fledermaus avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@fledermaus avatar
UTC quote
tdrake wrote:
Dunno if this is a local, regional, small-town or simply common thing, but the same place will "bolt on" your snow/road tires/wheels every fall/winter for free. (So long as they're already mounted on wheels.)

Maybe it's just old-fashioned marketing -- as in we'll treat you really, really well so that you come back -- but this just always restores my faith in humanity.

Have a set of snows for my wife's car. I think they want $10-20 to remount the wheels every year. Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm not willing to mess around with that for that price.

Last time I went in for an oil change, their office person asked which model car I had...I got it wrong and apparently after I paid the shop owner/mechanic caught the mistake and pretty much gave me a quart of synthetic. But like you, Tom, I feel better about humanity dealing with them.

BTW, they already got a box of pastry. Laughing emoticon
@guzzi_gal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring

Ossessionato
@guzzi_gal avatar
Gigi, '13 GTS 300ie Touring
UTC quote
The weather is so gorgeous, the hubs and I took a short scoot around the neighborhood, despite him feeling poorly.
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
FINALLY!

Got out and rode about 65 miles through the Hill Country and to Canyon Lake. Right after having lunch at Grumpy's. Sunny and temperatures in the high 60's - low 70's.

Hoping to get a few more miles in tomorrow.
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@jet_peddler avatar
UTC quote
Almost 24 hours since the last post in this thread... No one has anything cheering them up?

Okay well I'll give it a go. First I got about 25 miles in today as the weather was perfect - the high today was 79 and the low was 59, and best of all, NO RAIN.

Second - I finally found something that works wonders on "white rust" or aluminum corrosion - PB Blaster. Better than ACF-50 and doesn't leave any residue behind. Just spray some on a toothbrush and give the affected area a little scrub. Viola! Gone!

Third - Gas prices are headed south once again. $2.34 per gallon for 87 octane regular and $2.82 for non-ethanol. Yay.

Anyone else?
@tdrake avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2006 GT200

Ossessionato
@tdrake avatar
2006 GT200
UTC quote
Aye, dunno why this thread isn't up top more often.

Been having some good conversations with students lately, including walking part way home with a dude who was pretty lost last (his first) year and is really coming into his own this one, then came home and had a good phone call with my bro, headed next door hung out and got my attitude adjusted with my insane neighbor for an hour and half, talking about and listening to music like we were 16 years old.

...came home and played piano and guitar for an hour while my woman is upstairs making aioli and shrimp.

Grateful for everything I have, and I have a hell of a lot.
@mpfrank avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula

Ossessionato
@mpfrank avatar
2020 MP3 500 HPE Sport ABS/ASR
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
UTC quote
I just received the third edition of "Introduction to Group Therapy: A Practical Guide" by Scott Simon Fehr to find that three of my clinical vignettes are included. I had only expected there to be one. Very nice surprise!

https://goo.gl/cYFcdZ
UTC

Molto Verboso
LXS 150

Molto Verboso
LXS 150
UTC quote
Finally got around to fixing the glovebox handle on my Burgman 200 with some rather crude but effective plastic-welding. It seems to be holding.
@tgraves avatar
UTC

2019 Primavera 50

@tgraves avatar
2019 Primavera 50
UTC quote
Grandson Henry
....checking out his Poppy's new ride.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.4792s ][ Queries: 44 (0.4427s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]