[NSR] What's Pissing you off Today? II
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...678...101112Next
Author Message
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 17006
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:04 am quote
Just had a call telling me they wanna fit me picc line on Monday...... fuckin brilliant ..... can't wait .... that means me chemo starts again soon
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8321
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:58 am quote
Re: Back to go
T5bitza69 wrote:
Just had a call telling me they wanna fit me picc line on Monday...... fuckin brilliant ..... can't wait .... that means me chemo starts again soon
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 2616
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:59 am quote
We're all pulling for you, Bitza!

What's pissing me off today is no internet since yesterday morning. Calls and emails to my ISP are not being answered. WEB-tech, are you guys all taking the day off?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 5569
Location: New Zealand
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:03 pm quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
What's pissing me off today is no internet since yesterday morning. Calls and emails to my ISP are not being answered. WEB-tech, are you guys all taking the day off?
WEB-tec has been busy converting Bills internet to 100% arse-tube, and looking after his sick dragon. You should be back to normal service by Monday.
Ossessionato
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 4858
Location: Downtown Toronto
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:36 am quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
We're all pulling for you, Bitza!

What's pissing me off today is no internet since yesterday morning. Calls and emails to my ISP are not being answered. WEB-tech, are you guys all taking the day off?
You can use my WiFi, I'll send you the password.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 6752
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:42 am quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
We're all pulling for you, Bitza!

What's pissing me off today is no internet since yesterday morning. Calls and emails to my ISP are not being answered. WEB-tech, are you guys all taking the day off?
I was off, sorry. Your service should be back
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8321
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:52 am quote
znomit wrote:
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
What's pissing me off today is no internet since yesterday morning. Calls and emails to my ISP are not being answered. WEB-tech, are you guys all taking the day off?
WEB-tec has been busy converting Bills internet to 100% arse-tube, and looking after his sick dragon. You should be back to normal service by Monday.
znomit, you're a treasure.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 6752
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:34 am quote
Damn shipping and rec guy gave away our copper in the recycle bin!!!
He said he thought it was trash, customer asked for it and he gave it to them I told him multiple times it was to be recycled and the money goes to our BBQ fund.
Over $700 of BBQ fund gone

Boss was not happy at all.
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 2616
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:55 am quote
People like that piss me off too. That customer who walked in knew damn well the value of that copper wire. Bet he asked the shipping guy if he "minded" if he took that "trash" and "got it out of the way..."

Those vultures hang around garage sales and community cleanup days looking to snatch something for nothing.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8321
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:43 pm quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Damn shipping and rec guy gave away our copper in the recycle bin!!!
He said he thought it was trash, customer asked for it and he gave it to them I told him multiple times it was to be recycled and the money goes to our BBQ fund.
Over $700 of BBQ fund gone

Boss was not happy at all.
No kidding. Especially if you've already been notified. But who the hell doesn't know copper's valuable in the first place?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 6752
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:05 pm quote
fledermaus wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Damn shipping and rec guy gave away our copper in the recycle bin!!!
He said he thought it was trash, customer asked for it and he gave it to them I told him multiple times it was to be recycled and the money goes to our BBQ fund.
Over $700 of BBQ fund gone

Boss was not happy at all.
No kidding. Especially if you've already been notified. But who the hell doesn't know copper's valuable in the first place?
Not like they make money out of it, oh wait
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 2616
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:35 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
We're all pulling for you, Bitza!

What's pissing me off today is no internet since yesterday morning. Calls and emails to my ISP are not being answered. WEB-tech, are you guys all taking the day off?
I was off, sorry. Your service should be back
It's fixed and I'm up and running again. Thanks!

Actually, my ISP just disappeared off the face of the internet, except for their Web home page which won't allow me to log in. I went to a different ISP and it's better now, and much faster. Still, all the emails that had gone to the old ISP's domain are gone, and I have to change all my accounts that used that old email address.
Ossessionato
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 4858
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:31 am quote
I'm so ronery....

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 5.27.48 AM.png

im-so-ronery-and-sadrey-arone-32447000.png

Ossessionato
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 4858
Location: Downtown Toronto
Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:24 am quote
The downside of owning long haired dogs. When they eat something that doesn't agree with the cleanup is not a fun experience

Don't let the innocent look of the one on the left fool you. Only upside is she's small enough to wash in the sink...

IMG_1766.jpeg

Molto Verboso
Xmax 300
Joined: 02 Jul 2016
Posts: 1242
Location: Adelaide
Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:28 am quote
Weather forecast says it will be 45c/113f tomorrow.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 17006
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:19 am quote
Hello darkness
Fookin powers gone out ..... pretty sure next door cut something with his angle grinder at the back of his 😠 it's been 1 1/2hrs so far n they recon same again at least
Hooked
'13 Buddy 125 Seafoam
Joined: 25 Oct 2018
Posts: 139
Location: Southcoast, MA
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:13 am quote
Sledge wrote:
Weather forecast says it will be 45c/113f tomorrow.
was 5F here yesterday
Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s
Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 17006
Location: The West Of Yorkshire ... Gods Country
Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:58 am quote
life light
Knew our lass was special. .... just as she walked in the house everything started beeping n leccy came back on
Ossessionato
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 4858
Location: Downtown Toronto
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:35 am quote
Re: life light
T5bitza69 wrote:
Knew our lass was special. .... just as she walked in the house everything started beeping n leccy came back on
Sounds like you got yourself a keeper Bitza

OH yeah this is the bitch about things thread... One word "Weather" . It's raining now less than 3 days after -20C and snow. 3 days without riding If is doesn't freeze up overnight I may be able tomorrow.
Ossessionato
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 4858
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:27 am quote
I think it's awesome so few of us get pissed off about things

Humongous financial software suites that use SQL can be a real PITA during major upgrades . I finally have the cumulative updates in for the existing version except IIS is acting up and this is after 5 hours of fun. Meh I promised the client by Monday so at least I have that.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8321
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:34 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
I think it's awesome so few of us get pissed off about things

Hey, I do MY part!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8321
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:07 am quote
Weather porn
Another snowstorm. Forgot the name...Beluga or something.

The television weather histrionics are in full surge here.

It starts with a warning that a storm is coming in a few days....

Then they start ramping up the predictions, talking about expected snowfall, wind chill, etc. etc.

Weather report: WINTER STORM WARNING! "After 8-12" of snow, wind will bring wind chill to -20 to -40 degrees!! "

Wife: "It's never been so cold since I came here!" [17 years ago].
Me:

Storm begins...

Wife: "I think I'll call in sick..well, maybe I can't, they won't believe me" (She does have a bad cold).....

Weatherman: "We have our Stormchaser out on the road, and the ROADS ARE SNOW-COVERED!

Me:

Stormchaser:
"I'm out at this gas station with my Weather Chaser (TM) van, here's a semi driver, let's talk to him:

Semi-driver in knit cap (looking bored): "Well, you have to be a little careful when driving...."

Stormchaser: "Here I am in this SNOWCOVERED parking lot with a RULER" [brandishes ruler]. "Lets just stick it in the snow here..... OMG! FIVE INCHES!!!!!"

Me:

I blow out my driveway, road's been plowed, drive down the (SNOWCOVERED!) highway, everything's been plowed, including my work parking lot.

Call my wife and tell her it's safe to go to work.....




On a related note, I'm a bit disappointed in Frankie MacDonald.....he's a bit of a weather reporting YouTube sensation. I'm guessing somewhere on the autism spectrum. He missed Wisconsin's storm and calling it for Michigan, but to be fair he hit us last time. His histrionics are forgivable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwgj8h7ly40

Now on to RECORD COLD TEMPERATURES!!! in a couple of days...

snow.jpg
SNOW

Ossessionato
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 4858
Location: Downtown Toronto
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:33 am quote
When did "windchill" start? I kinda remember as a kid the temp was just whatever temp it was going be.

I remember they would close the schools in Montreal when we got to like -25 C or something. So what dd we do? We all went down to the corner rinks and played hockey ALL day. Certain body parts would shrivel up and then we run in to the chalet until things descended back to where nature intended them to be and then go back out for more.

The news LOVES bad weather here and it's Snowmageddon every time.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8321
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:57 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
When did "windchill" start? I kinda remember as a kid the temp was just whatever temp it was going be.

I remember they would close the schools in Montreal when we got to like -25 C or something. So what dd we do? We all went down to the corner rinks and played hockey ALL day. Certain body parts would shrivel up and then we run in to the chalet until things descended back to where nature intended them to be and then go back out for more.

The news LOVES bad weather here and it's Snowmageddon every time.
And when did they start naming winter storms?

Apparently 2012 in these parts. Apparently you can blame the weather channel.

I did me some research (seeing its boring as heck at work today).

On the same site I gleaned that info....

When did they start naming winter storms?

I don't remember this shit in previous years.

—Anonymous


The Weather Channel started doing it in 2012.

—Anonymous

We should make little outfits for the storms as well.

Do you think they ever get lonely?

—Anonymous


According to the Old Farmer's Almanac (is that an American tradition? Do Canadians get to play??), Europe started doing it in 1954....Damned Socialists.

https://www.almanac.com/blog/weather-blog/girly-storms#

Okay, somebody's gotta do some work around here....


Last edited by fledermaus on Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Ossessionato
2019 MP3 SPORT 500 IE
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 3838
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:18 am quote
It's a real weeny shrinker!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8321
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:08 am quote
mpfrank wrote:
It's a real weeny shrinker!
Lol. You'd have to live it to understand.

Okay, now, stop taunting us.
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Joined: 13 Sep 2017
Posts: 748
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:20 am quote
To the car that rushed past me as the stoplight turned green (I had lane split up the que sparking the road rage) that went in front of me then hovered to the right of the lane to block me lane splitting. I went around you on the left and in front of your car. As you clearly don't know the dimensions of your sedan, you left over half a car length.

I appreciate your honk. It made me smile. Thanks
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX150, GTS300, BV350, EN650
Joined: 26 Jul 2017
Posts: 5193
Location: Home of the Alamo
Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:21 am quote
Nothing yet.
Enthusiast
GT 200
Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 74
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:03 am quote
To Monkeyboy:
I have never lane-split somewhat because the traffic volume here doesn't warrant it. But I have often wondered what the reaction would be to me filtering. I've only seen it done here once and the guy doing it looked like no one to fool with.
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Joined: 13 Sep 2017
Posts: 748
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:48 am quote
tbooth wrote:
To Monkeyboy:
I have never lane-split somewhat because the traffic volume here doesn't warrant it. But I have often wondered what the reaction would be to me filtering. I've only seen it done here once and the guy doing it looked like no one to fool with.
As it is legal here, many still choose not to. I do. A. It was cold this morning. B. I got the mentality from my Motorcycle Safety Course Instructor "It's better to have them behind you than in front". In this case they zoomed past me on my right in the intersection. They were about two to three car lengths in front of me after the intersection. I signalled and moved into the left lane. You know, aggro driver in front of you. Let's see if I can safely put as much distance between us!

They saw this and moved over as well. Then sat on the right hand side of the lane to block me from splitting again as other cars in the right lane where hugging the left side of their lane. I could've and should've just sat behind them but got annoyed. I know, stoking the flames of a road rager isn't smart. It would've been interesting to see if a police officer had been present if I also would've gotten a ticket or what they would have said witnessing it.

I DO find it interesting how lane splitting causes this reaction in drivers though. I've asked my wife (not a two wheeled driver) if it upsets her. It only bothers her when they zoom by on the freeway and or speed past while lane splitting. I don't do that. I go 5-10mph in between the cars usually at lights when they are qued up. Again, I don't get the reaction? I wish someone would clue me in.
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Joined: 21 Jun 2016
Posts: 184
Location: Irving, TX
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:18 am quote
I'm pissing me off.

I forgot to uncheck the "Constrain Proportions" check box when adding crops, and sized the piece to be 5x6.5 instead of 5x7. I only discovered my error while cutting the 50 printed sheets.

And now the printer is jamming when trying to reprint.
Enthusiast
GT 200
Joined: 26 Sep 2008
Posts: 74
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:10 pm quote
Being passed on the right while being in the right lane and while accelerating from a stop is a provocation I've not seen. But it is the sort of reaction, or the contemplation of such that has made me think twice about filtering. And what you described doing sounds more like it began with filtering than lane splitting. People in this area are far less stressed and on edge than in Sacramento. But eventually I might have a run-in with the same kind of person. Good luck to you.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 6752
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:14 pm quote
Sacto Monkeyboy wrote:
tbooth wrote:
To Monkeyboy:
I have never lane-split somewhat because the traffic volume here doesn't warrant it. But I have often wondered what the reaction would be to me filtering. I've only seen it done here once and the guy doing it looked like no one to fool with.
As it is legal here, many still choose not to. I do. A. It was cold this morning. B. I got the mentality from my Motorcycle Safety Course Instructor "It's better to have them behind you than in front". In this case they zoomed past me on my right in the intersection. They were about two to three car lengths in front of me after the intersection. I signalled and moved into the left lane. You know, aggro driver in front of you. Let's see if I can safely put as much distance between us!

They saw this and moved over as well. Then sat on the right hand side of the lane to block me from splitting again as other cars in the right lane where hugging the left side of their lane. I could've and should've just sat behind them but got annoyed. I know, stoking the flames of a road rager isn't smart. It would've been interesting to see if a police officer had been present if I also would've gotten a ticket or what they would have said witnessing it.

I DO find it interesting how lane splitting causes this reaction in drivers though. I've asked my wife (not a two wheeled driver) if it upsets her. It only bothers her when they zoom by on the freeway and or speed past while lane splitting. I don't do that. I go 5-10mph in between the cars usually at lights when they are qued up. Again, I don't get the reaction? I wish someone would clue me in.
That is when you want the motorcycle cop showing up to see that BS. Guy would get a talking to about the law in Ca.
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Joined: 13 Sep 2017
Posts: 748
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:09 pm quote
Could've gotten a bit of a talkin' too as well
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 6752
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:14 pm quote
As soon as he passed you in your lane he was at fault of breaking the law.
Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
Joined: 22 Oct 2005
Posts: 1646
Location: Ohio
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:50 pm quote
I found another scratch on my 17 year old Sentra.... pisses me off.. Same place as last winter- drivers side bumper right under gas cap area. This one looks like a large rock got picked up by the front tire and tossed it back. Hit the edge of the rear door, dogleg, and the bumper... damn it. This poor thing is our sacrificial lamb. Our "better" car sits most of the time. Hate winter....

Everyone laughs at my OLD car but I love the damn thing.....

Bob
Ossessionato
2019 MP3 SPORT 500 IE
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 3838
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:35 pm quote
BVBob wrote:
I found another scratch on my 17 year old Sentra.... pisses me off.. Same place as last winter- drivers side bumper right under gas cap area. This one looks like a large rock got picked up by the front tire and tossed it back. Hit the edge of the rear door, dogleg, and the bumper... damn it. This poor thing is our sacrificial lamb. Our "better" car sits most of the time. Hate winter....

Everyone laughs at my OLD car but I love the damn thing.....

Bob
I have a 2000 Isuzu Trooper with 123,000 miles. I keep putting too much money into it, but it runs beautifully and can get us anywhere. And it's still been cheaper than getting a new or even a "newish" car.

It's been this Trooper and one before it for thirty-one years.

I do think its time is coming, however.
Hooked
2013 GTS300ie
Joined: 12 Dec 2017
Posts: 350
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:58 pm quote
Stones hitting the windshield is today's beef...

I bought a Subaru Forster in 2017.
The very first time I drove it, I got a stone chip in the windshield.
I got my fifth one this past weekend.
Back to the glass repair guys again.
They know me by my first name now.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 6752
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:26 am quote
mpfrank wrote:
BVBob wrote:
I found another scratch on my 17 year old Sentra.... pisses me off.. Same place as last winter- drivers side bumper right under gas cap area. This one looks like a large rock got picked up by the front tire and tossed it back. Hit the edge of the rear door, dogleg, and the bumper... damn it. This poor thing is our sacrificial lamb. Our "better" car sits most of the time. Hate winter....

Everyone laughs at my OLD car but I love the damn thing.....

Bob
I have a 2000 Isuzu Trooper with 123,000 miles. I keep putting too much money into it, but it runs beautifully and can get us anywhere. And it's still been cheaper than getting a new or even a "newish" car.
It is almost always more cost effective to fix an old car than buy a new one.
It blows me aways when people say, it's a waste of money to throw good money after bad to fix an old car, when it is really much cheaper in the long run.
Molto Verboso
'95 Yamaha Riva 125- '05 Piaggio BV200-'05 Honda Reflex-'08 Honda Metropolitan
Joined: 22 Oct 2005
Posts: 1646
Location: Ohio
Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:43 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
mpfrank wrote:
BVBob wrote:
I found another scratch on my 17 year old Sentra.... pisses me off.. Same place as last winter- drivers side bumper right under gas cap area. This one looks like a large rock got picked up by the front tire and tossed it back. Hit the edge of the rear door, dogleg, and the bumper... damn it. This poor thing is our sacrificial lamb. Our "better" car sits most of the time. Hate winter....

Everyone laughs at my OLD car but I love the damn thing.....

Bob
I have a 2000 Isuzu Trooper with 123,000 miles. I keep putting too much money into it, but it runs beautifully and can get us anywhere. And it's still been cheaper than getting a new or even a "newish" car.
It is almost always more cost effective to fix an old car than buy a new one.
It blows me aways when people say, it's a waste of money to throw good money after bad to fix an old car, when it is really much cheaper in the long run.
True! Isn't spending $250 to get something fixed cheaper than spending $30k? This Nissan as been amazing. When I got it- new- friends said it will be boring but reliable. Its not boring at all- handles very well etc. It has been the best car I ever owned. Knock on wood- but just brakes, batteries, tires, and oil changes. Normal maintenance stuff. Just under 150k on it now and it still looks great. My hope is that it makes it for 3 more years. It will be a sad day when it breaks...

Bob
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...678...101112Next
[ Time: 0.2825s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0638s) ][ Debug on ]