Monthly Ride Report: 3-10-19 Folsom Lake California
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:00 am quote
Got a little bit of a Late start. We rolled from West Sacramento over the Tower Bridge into the downtown/midtown area. Rode down a one way eastbound street (N Street). Tree lined with apartment complexes, Victorians and assorted business to Folsom Blvd. Cruised up to a gas station where we waited for two other riders who wanted to join us. two Honda Ruckus 50cc (Though one was kitted to 70cc). We took off from there to take Folsom Blvd all the way up to Folsom Lake.

My riding partner (Who's Sei Giorno picture is attached to this post at the Lake) and I both have 300's. It was interesting riding on the slower end of our bike's but with the partially cloudy day; it made for a great ride! Plenty of time to check out the surroundings.

My excitement grew as we entered Folsom. Solidly foothill territory. More trees and hills (It's also a growing community in the region with a lot of San Francisco Bay Area transplants. Many new developments). I've lived in Sacramento since 2004 and have NEVER BEEN to Folsom lake?! I know! Eventually we hit the Folsom Crossing road and decided to turn right to go Counter Clockwise around the lake. As it was a STEEP incline, the two Vespa's pulled over to wait for the Ruckuses to catch up. I was giddy seeing the Folsom Dam spill water into the American River. I looked up and giggled with joy as an overpass had the "Johnny Cash Trail" sign on it!

As we were coming upon the road to turn left (North around the lake) one of the Ruckus guys veered off into a shopping center?! The three other of us pulled over to find out what happneed. I noticed my wife had been calling me and was texting me like crazy?! I looked and realized the event I thought was at 3pm was in fact at 12:30pm, 15 minutes from now!!!

SO I had to say goodbye. The ruckus driver had a flat tire, his buddy from Sacramento Ruckus hung with him. My riding partner brought his Drone to take photos and he continued on. Sadly, Folsom Lake eludes me again!

I raced down Highway 50 back to West Sac and was only 10 minutes late to my event!

SO, here's a picture of my riding buddy's bike by the lake. He did take some drone footage but I need to get a copy of the video from him to share.

Sei Folsom Lake.png

Addicted
Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:14 pm quote
I need to ride Nor-Cal again. I visited family in Sonoma Co. this January, but we took the kids and left the scoots.
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:56 am quote
I'll PM you our next planned rides.

You're welcome here anytime!
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
[ Time: 0.2144s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0417s) ][ Debug on ]