Routing cable PX125
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
PX 125/Polini 177
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:36 pm quote
Hi Iím fitting a cylinder head temperature gauge to my PX, and need to thread the flex through the body channel. I have removed the horn cover, and have spent several fruitless hours feeding an old cable outer through from the front as a guide. I can get the cable end to the back of the body, about where the cables exit the body panel into the engine compartment, and can hear it bumping against something, but I cannot see it when looking down into the fuel tank area. I have even tried fixing string to the end of the cable outer and trying to suck it through with a vacuum cleaner. Any ideas, will I have to remove the fuel tank. I was hoping to avoid that as Iím not sure I can disconnect the fuel tap.
Hooked
lml 2t Vespa lx50 2t
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:10 am quote
On a lml 2t but same principle.
http://lmlocgb.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9657
PX 125/Polini 177
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:19 am quote
Thanks Graham, I might go the easy way, but would prefer to get the cable through the frame, good reply with photos thanks
Hooked
lml 2t Vespa lx50 2t
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:00 am quote
No problem, I have not seen any links to through the frame but someone who is more knowledgeable than me will come along.
Try posting in the not the not so modern vespa page on this forum.
PX 125/Polini 177
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:39 am quote
Well I looked at my Haynes manual and decided to remove the fuel tank, quite easy actually. Then at the bottom of the rear frame was a plastic cover, I lifted this and there was the end of my guide cable, so routing the temperature sensor cable is now easy, ha ha.
I have to say fitting the actual sensor in place of the spark plug washer wasnít quite straightforward either, the sensor itself didnít drop to the bottom of the recess areound the spark plug, so I had to machine a small amount of metal away to allow it to seat properly. Iím sure itíll all be worth it to get early warning of a possible overheating. Cheers
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern
[ Time: 0.1411s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0218s) ][ Debug on ]