Possible retirement at 54/ Bill's Medical Malady
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...89101112Next
eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125/Kymco AK550 I don't care. You can quote me.
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:04 am quote
I think that's a very underused phrase.

You may have a point though because I think I am getting to the age when I no longer keep my mouth shut.

It may be a combination of the meds and my ability to recognise stupidity and selfishness.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:30 am quote
Re: Priceless
Bill Dog wrote:
I think that's a very underused phrase.

You may have a point though because I think I am getting to the age when I no longer keep my mouth shut.

It may be a combination of the meds and my ability to recognise stupidity and selfishness.

Bill x
It's all about seeing people in the right perspective, on the web it's not possible and often you have wrong or incomplete views.
Too bad not being able to talk about the person, the behaviors and what they say are different and ... yes Bill, a disease changes the people that to be more combative often become harder to have more strength and this must be taken into consideration. I know it...
Go on like this.
Ossessionato
GT200 & GTS250 & NC750X & Royal Enfield Pegasus
Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:58 am quote
Are you absolutely certain about that deal you thought you had in place with your sister? Are you sure it wasn't the meds playing up again? Can you check with your uncle?

If you're arguing with your neighbour about noise and their other neighbour comes in on their side then that also suggests it's your perception. Saying that though, I'm usually the first one to stop loud noise or bad behaviour.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:46 am quote
robinm wrote:
Are you absolutely certain about that deal you thought you had in place with your sister? Are you sure it wasn't the meds playing up again? Can you check with your uncle?

If you're arguing with your neighbour about noise and their other neighbour comes in on their side then that also suggests it's your perception. Saying that though, I'm usually the first one to stop loud noise or bad behaviour.
I guess I didn't gather that it was two against Bill Dog. I thought it was two against the noisy neighbor.
eeee-bip
Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:50 am quote
Clatter
Please forgive me if I phrased it badly.

It kicked off between my neighbour and then her neighbour joined in against me.

For a few moments I though it was a bit unfair but soon after I dialed into totally destroying their vitriol with insistent patient logic.

It took about 30 minutes.

I've always gone with the belief that raising your voice doesn't mean that you've won the argument. You've only made yourself look more desperate.

The money situation hasn't been resolved so rather than ask again I've taken the higher ground which is to raise above it if you like double metaphors.

She must need it way more than I do.

Bill x
Addicted
2017 BV 350 Matte Black
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:17 am quote
Sorry to hear of this. As that old phrase goes, "you can pick your nose, you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family." When my stepmother died, some of her kids ran through the house grabbing everything that wasn't nailed down. (My Dad was still alive but had suffered several strokes and went into assisted living where he died peacefully about a year later.)

Presently, my wife and I are retired and living comfortably on pensions, Railroad Retirement, etc. My mother in law literally has outlived her money and 3 of the 4 siblings are contributing about $2K a month each for her room and board in assisted living. The fourth sibling is in a different situation. She has dementia issues, but her income combined with her husband's is about $60K annually more than ours. He claims he can't contribute anything. On top of that, he got his cognitively impaired wife to sign a document renouncing her survivorship interest in his pension. So when he dies, the pension goes away. Guess who is then on the hook to support his widow? right the 3 siblings. I worked with someone who described such people as "a waste of skin."
eeee-bip
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:46 am quote
Bomb
Jesus. I thought that I a few things to deal with. Thank you for sharing.

Mine was pretty simple. I got diagnosed in Jan 2018 and Dad died in May and Mum 5 weeks later in a home so soon after it was all hands to the pump to deal with the fallout and I think it took an entire year to resolve probate.

I may be repeating myself. Sorry.

I think that the thing that throws me the most ( apart from the settling of the grief) is to have an agreement so I could have the funds in place to start paying myself a wage just in case I can't find a job and oh, it's not coming.

You know when someone is bullshitting you and won't give you a direct answer because they don't want to be confronted ? Well, that happened.

So I'm going to hitch up my skirt and carry on.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956 - Moto Guzzi Airone 250 Sport 1951
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:51 am quote
...the skirt..? Which g .... ouch ..!
Addicted
2017 BV 350 Matte Black
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:43 am quote
Re: Bomb
Bill Dog wrote:
Jesus. I thought that I a few things to deal with. Thank you for sharing.

Mine was pretty simple. I got diagnosed in Jan 2018 and Dad died in May and Mum 5 weeks later in a home so soon after it was all hands to the pump to deal with the fallout and I think it took an entire year to resolve probate.

I may be repeating myself. Sorry.

I think that the thing that throws me the most ( apart from the settling of the grief) is to have an agreement so I could have the funds in place to start paying myself a wage just in case I can't find a job and oh, it's not coming.

You know when someone is bullshitting you and won't give you a direct answer because they don't want to be confronted ? Well, that happened.

So I'm going to hitch up my skirt and carry on.

Bill x
Bill -- the best attitude to have. Otherwise you wallow in anger and self-pity which may feel good, but doesn't deal with the current issues. Unfortunately, we will encounter many assholes in life, the only way forward is to carry on. All the best to you, I know you have the character to persevere.
Hooked
2018 Piaggio BV 350
Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:50 am quote
[/quote] On top of that, he got his cognitively impaired wife to sign a document renouncing her survivorship interest in his pension. So when he dies, the pension goes away. Guess who is then on the hook to support his widow? right the 3 siblings. I worked with someone who described such people as "a waste of skin."[/quote]

óó

Okay. Iím a geriatric social worker and I can tell you that having a cognitively impaired person sign a document like that is essentially fraud. -Especially if thereís a date, and a diagnosis already in place by the time of that dated signature. I would look into whether it was notarized, and whether or not you can have a doctor vouch for the ptís competency/ability to make the kinds of decision she reportedly signed off on.
-Sorry for the unsolicited advice but thatís egregious.
Addicted
2017 BV 350 Matte Black
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:05 pm quote
Karlsbadd wrote:
On top of that, he got his cognitively impaired wife to sign a document renouncing her survivorship interest in his pension. So when he dies, the pension goes away. Guess who is then on the hook to support his widow? right the 3 siblings. I worked with someone who described such people as "a waste of skin."[/quote]

óó

Okay. Iím a geriatric social worker and I can tell you that having a cognitively impaired person sign a document like that is essentially fraud. -Especially if thereís a date, and a diagnosis already in place by the time of that dated signature. I would look into whether it was notarized, and whether or not you can have a doctor vouch for the ptís competency/ability to make the kinds of decision she reportedly signed off on.
-Sorry for the unsolicited advice but thatís egregious.[/quote]

Believe me, we already investigated. The problem is this: said asshole husband was following the protocol of a "doctor" he now realizes is a quack so while there was an early diagnosis (the result of my wife's intervention) no guardian was appointed for my sister in law's interests because he was going to "cure" her. (And by the way, market her and the quack's "protocol" as the NE US representative of said quack.) Trying to set aside her "consent" would requiring proving both her impairment at the time of the signature and proving the notary was derelict because the notary is vouching for the sound mind of the signatory. We even investigated the possibility of a private bill in the state legislature to rescind the election, but were told no by folks who might have been able to get it done. As I said, the guy is a waste of skin, just a useless grifter who unfortunately wound up in my wife's family. Them's the breaks. (Although I still want to kick him in the nuts next time I see him.)
eeee-bip
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:11 pm quote
Bonus
Yeah, kick him in the nuts

Bill x
Hooked
2018 Piaggio BV 350
Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:14 pm quote
griffin1108 wrote:
Karlsbadd wrote:
Trying to set aside her "consent" would requiring proving both her impairment at the time of the signature and proving the notary was derelict because the notary is vouching for the sound mind of the signatory. We even investigated the possibility of a private bill in the state legislature to rescind the election, but were told no by folks who might have been able to get it done. As I said, the guy is a waste of skin, just a useless grifter who unfortunately wound up in my wife's family. Them's the breaks. (Although I still want to kick him in the nuts next time I see him.)
óó
The notary is not vouching for the patientís state of mind at time of signature. He is ONLY vouching that he witnessed it was her that signed. Thatís all they do; state that they physically witnessed the signature.

This guy of which you speak, SUX big time. -Thatís my clinical, completely unsolicited opinion. Sounds like youíve done your research. Sorry it did not end in your favor.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:13 pm quote
Karlsbadd wrote:
Iím a geriatric social worker
Youíre definitely in the right thread.

eeee-bip
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:13 pm quote
Weeee
Lets all enjoy our glorious demise shall we ?

I've got tickets.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:08 am quote
From what age do you need a geriatric social worker?
Hooked
2018 Piaggio BV 350
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:02 am quote
Attila wrote:
From what age do you need a geriatric social worker?
Attila,
Thatís an excellent question. In the program I work in, we consider adults in the 60s and upward geriatrics. But generally, thereís discussion (now, hasnít always been this way) about middle adulthood starting in oneís 30s into the 50s. That being said, within geriatrics/gerontology there are three classifications of ďold.Ē Young old, middle old, old old.
Young Old: 60s to early 70s. Middle old: Mid 70s to mid-to-late 80s. Old old: Everything else on up. Iíve got patients that are over 100. -And several at that.
Molto Verboso
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:10 am quote
... ah ... so I'm old young ... I can feel it.
But you are a doctor and this is a specialization or what?
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:37 am quote
Bill, what about getting an attorney to put your sister on notice that you may reopen the settlement. Sometimes the threat of action can get things done. Unless thereís really nothing you can do about it and she knows it.

Donít assume she needs it more than you do. When my father in law passed one of my wifeís sisters (executor) screwed the others out of every nickel she could get away with and she is much much more well off than the others.
eeee-bip
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:23 pm quote
Cover
The phrase was loaded with heavy sarcasm.

The issue I that have with legal action is that I don't want the cost of that to swallow up the amount.

OK you could argue that she's not going to give it to me anyway but if she is she won't see me again.

That ship would have sailed.

Bill x
Hooked
2018 Piaggio BV 350
Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:48 pm quote
Attila wrote:
Attila, I am a social worker, but I work within an interdisciplinary team. So doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, and I am the social worker on the team.
Are you in the field or merely curious??
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:46 am quote
Re: Cover
Bill Dog wrote:
The issue I that have with legal action is that I don't want the cost of that to swallow up the amount.
Ah yes - Jarndyce and Jarndyce...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarndyce_and_Jarndyce
Molto Verboso
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:35 am quote
Karlsbadd wrote:
Attila wrote:
Attila, I am a social worker, but I work within an interdisciplinary team. So doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, and I am the social worker on the team.
I am an invalid (recognized with a disabled parking card) for over thirty years ... bearer of four pathologies.
Survived necrotic hemorrhagic pancreatitis and subsequent four others ... normal but acute.
Carrier of glaucoma open angle to the right eye for candidiasis retinopathy contracted in the operating room (he had entered the parenteral feeding tube, oh yes ... I did four months in a coma and intubated by respiration).(excuse my English which is good with simple concepts but with complex and technical ones I can't combine grammar)....ouch...
Before all this I had suffered a car accident that had broken my thigh in three, crumbled my hip, broken three fingers of my left hand (now with a prosthesis), rupture of the tibial plateau (reconstructed with prosthesis), rupture of the anterior cruciate tendons and posterior (reconstructed in goretex) and with meniscus in nylon. In all, more than 20 hospitalizations (healthcare in Italy is free) and operations ... I lost the number (14?) Because each time they anaesthetized meI'm still on a scooter ... real increase? My mother, who is 85 years old, says I'm crazy and I'm going to look for trouble ... well ... worse than that ...
But in hell, once you live and once you die!
PS: yes ... I'm also a little curious.
PPS: I like New York, long live the big apple!
eeee-bip
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:47 am quote
That's Novel
Well spotted Jim.

Bill x
Addicted
2017 BV 350 Matte Black
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:04 pm quote
Attila wrote:
Karlsbadd wrote:
Attila wrote:
I am an invalid (recognized with a disabled parking card) for over thirty years ... bearer of four pathologies.
Survived necrotic hemorrhagic pancreatitis and subsequent four others ... normal but acute.
Carrier of glaucoma open angle to the right eye for candidiasis retinopathy contracted in the operating room (he had entered the parenteral feeding tube, oh yes ... I did four months in a coma and intubated by respiration).(excuse my English which is good with simple concepts but with complex and technical ones I can't combine grammar)....ouch...
Before all this I had suffered a car accident that had broken my thigh in three, crumbled my hip, broken three fingers of my left hand (now with a prosthesis), rupture of the tibial plateau (reconstructed with prosthesis), rupture of the anterior cruciate tendons and posterior (reconstructed in goretex) and with meniscus in nylon. In all, more than 20 hospitalizations (healthcare in Italy is free) and operations ... I lost the number (14?) Because each time they anaesthetized meI'm still on a scooter ... real increase? My mother, who is 85 years old, says I'm crazy and I'm going to look for trouble ... well ... worse than that ...
But in hell, once you live and once you die!
PS: yes ... I'm also a little curious.
PPS: I like New York, long live the big apple!
Wow. Makes anything I deal with look like an ingrown toenail. Keep going, I'm in awe. Thanks for sharing.
Molto Verboso
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:07 pm quote
Re: That's Novel
Bill Dog wrote:
Well spotted Jim.

Bill x
I recognize that your humor is typically English ... it's useful.
We only hope (also me) that they do not use Chinese medical devices on us, our guarantee has expired for some time.
Molto Verboso
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:15 pm quote
griffin1108 wrote:
[quote="Attila]

Wow. Makes anything I deal with look like an ingrown toenail. Keep going, I'm in awe. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks griffin but I'm in this topic because I would just like to encourage Bill and others like him to fight disease and disability.
eeee-bip
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:17 pm quote
Big
I did learn something today.

The drug Ponatinib and Starbucks Coffee are not a great combination.

Lesson learnt.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:32 pm quote
... also with Coca Cola and Red Bull ...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:39 pm quote
Re: Big
Bill Dog wrote:
The drug Ponatinib and Starbucks Coffee are not a great combination.
They arenít good on their own either.
Molto Verboso
Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:44 am quote
Where are you Bill ..? I worry when you don't write ...
eeee-bip
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:03 am quote
Gift
I'm OK thanks for asking.

I'm just doing some travelling.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, BV 500, Buddy 125
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:54 am quote
Karlsbadd wrote:
griffin1108 wrote:
Karlsbadd wrote:
Trying to set aside her "consent" would requiring proving both her impairment at the time of the signature and proving the notary was derelict because the notary is vouching for the sound mind of the signatory. We even investigated the possibility of a private bill in the state legislature to rescind the election, but were told no by folks who might have been able to get it done. As I said, the guy is a waste of skin, just a useless grifter who unfortunately wound up in my wife's family. Them's the breaks. (Although I still want to kick him in the nuts next time I see him.)
óó
The notary is not vouching for the patientís state of mind at time of signature. He is ONLY vouching that he witnessed it was her that signed. Thatís all they do; state that they physically witnessed the signature.

This guy of which you speak, SUX big time. -Thatís my clinical, completely unsolicited opinion. Sounds like youíve done your research. Sorry it did not end in your favor.
^^^^ This, unlike in Europe where the notary is attesting to the truth of the notarized state all the notary does in the US is attest that the signature is that of the person claimed as evidenced by documents presented to the notary or because the notary has personal knowledge of the signers identity. While it is possible your state is different by statute you aren't in Louisiana which uses a variant of Napoleon law unlike the English Common Law base of every other state and the feds.
eeee-bip
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:33 pm quote
Bong
It's really strange.

Since I've been away from the UK I seem to be thinking so much clearer.

I have no idea why.

Bill x
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:52 pm quote
Re: Bong
Bill Dog wrote:
It's really strange.

Since I've been away from the UK I seem to be thinking so much clearer.

I have no idea why.

Bill x
Because of our inherent overwhelming mutha---ing awesomeness, duh.

Now go home before we throw you in a camp.

d36f3cfe04652c9990dc0dcf6c2d39c5--american-pride-american-girl.jpg

eeee-bip
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:56 pm quote
Big
Or maybe if I've only got one thing to focus on it puts all the other crap in perspective ?

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:31 pm quote
Re: Big
Bill Dog wrote:
Or maybe if I've only got one thing to focus on it puts all the other crap in perspective ?
Well, then there's that...

But I'm putting my money on the iggle.
eeee-bip
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:30 pm quote
Return
Well I'm going back home tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.

This is the best that I've felt in a very long time.

Ho hum.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:40 am quote
Big
Home now.

Escaped the camps and the relentless sales tactics at LAX so now all I have to is sort out my jet lag.

First consultation on Monday. Oh Joy.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:41 pm quote
Advice
Boys and Girls I need someone with a degree in Physiology or at least a Jedi so I can use the right kind of wording to make my Sister realise the damage that she's causing to our relationship by withholding the inheritance.

My pride won't allow me to ask for the funds to be transferred a third time and I fear that doing this will make her even more reluctant than she is now.

What in the living fuck do I do now ?

Bill x
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...89101112Next
[ Time: 0.1877s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0443s) ][ Debug on ]