Coast to Coast 2019
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123456Next
eeee-bip
Benelli TNT 125/Kymco AK550 I don't care. You can quote me.
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:38 am quote
Oh I do just without the semantics.

You see it's a bit like not being able to slag off your ex-wife because she was unfaithful.

She let you down and so you get divorced but you can't say anything bad about her because then you'd look ungrateful.

I've never said that all Vespa and Piaggio products are unreliable and overrated it's just the Vespa and Piaggio products that I've own have been unreliable and overrated so to avoid it happening again I won't own another one.

Sure I'll ride one because it won't be my liability but I won't own one.

I should remain forever grateful and never question the brands build quality or reliability ever again and in that way you'll all only have an echo chamber to listen to.

I know what I'm going to keep going to that restaurant where the service is crap and the food is cold.........

I did have a good meal there once though.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
63 GS160 / GT60 (X2)/ ET4 (X2)/ ET2/ 78 P200/ 67 Sprint/ 09 GTS/ 03 Ruckus/ 13 946/ 16 Prima 70/ 15 Sprint
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:52 am quote
This thread should be locked by the OP. Itís literally going nowhere and has now become combative.

SDG
eeee-bip
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:02 am quote
Just
Only because you poked me with a stick.

Everything I've said is based in fact and reasoning and I'm sorry if it doesn't agree with you David.

I'm just entitled to a response so I gave one.

Sorry.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250, 2013 Buddy 125, 2014 Triumph Bonneville
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:10 am quote
Why is there a problem with Bill stating his actual experience with whatever product he has experience with? Maybe it is seen as interfering with ones business model ?

I for one am grateful to read peopleís actual experiences whether it be regarding a scooter a car or a refrigerator Iím thinking of purchasing so I can take in whatever info both good and bad and make an informed opinion.

Of course Iím smart enough to realize that people mostly report issues and if things are fine they see no need to start a thread about that.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
63 GS160 / GT60 (X2)/ ET4 (X2)/ ET2/ 78 P200/ 67 Sprint/ 09 GTS/ 03 Ruckus/ 13 946/ 16 Prima 70/ 15 Sprint
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:12 am quote
tdrake wrote:
SDG wrote:
Bill Dog wrote:
Option 1

Borrow a nice man's Triumph T120 from New Jersey, ride it to LA then get it shipped back to it's owner.

Option 2

Accept a dealership's offer in south Denver to ship me a GTS to New Jersey, ride it to LA, say some nice things about the scooter and the dealership then get it shipped back.

Option 3

Buy a very low mileage BV350 ( 500 miles ) in DC, ride it to LA then sell it and fly home.

Would anyone be interested in a BV350 with 3500 miles on it which will arrive in LA in mid July ?

Bill x
Option 3 since you asked.

Itís the only one where you are financially responsible for your own planned pleasure.

SDG
Yep, after so many years of slagging on Vespas option 2 seems highly unethical -- people expect and deserve reviews accurately representing the reviewers opinion rather than his or her desire for personal gain (ie free use of a Vespa).

Also you've made it clear that you are financially independent so why ask a dealer to pay your way when Vespa dealers already face a difficult business environment?
To give proper credit pretty sure this fine fella brought the stick. We are entitled to nothing the way I understand life.

SDG
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:49 am quote
Vintage1 wrote:
Why is there a problem with Bill stating his actual experience with whatever product he has experience with? Maybe it is seen as interfering with ones business model ?

I for one am grateful to read peopleís actual experiences whether it be regarding a scooter a car or a refrigerator Iím thinking of purchasing so I can take in whatever info both good and bad and make an informed opinion.

Of course Iím smart enough to realize that people mostly report issues and if things are fine they see no need to start a thread about that.
The issue, as I see it, is that Bil has written extensively of his experience with this line of products, here on this board. That experience has been overwhelmingly negative. So far, no issue: good, honest reviews.

But if he accepts a GTS from a dealership he is implicitly under pressure to represent that experience differently than he has previously done so here: "Accept a dealership's offer in south Denver to ship me a GTS to New Jersey, ride it to LA, say some nice things about the scooter and the dealership then get it shipped back."

If the purpose is to accurately review a Vespa GTS during a cross-country ironbuttish ride, the logical, and I'd say ethical, thing to do is to pay for that GTS out of pocket so that the rider is not beholden to the sponsor.

Otherwise, how will we know whether the rider really has had a come-to-Vespa moment on the road to Damascus or whether he just doesn't feel like being a prick to the hand that fed him?

And, again, it's not like he's cash strapped and make this trip without that dealer support, where-as these are hard times for Vespa dealers.
Molto Verboso
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:56 am quote
Who mentioned entitled? You.
If someone offers you something free youíre going to say no?

Are you saying because he told about a past bad experience he will be unable to post a positive one? Or are you saying heís unworthy to post further experiences?

Just because Bill has posted about his prior problem Vespa/Piaggio experiences, I have no doubt heíll be able to separate past experience from a 2019 experience. IOW, I have no doubt heíll be happy to talk about the new ride in a positive light should his ride perform as advertised.
Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:05 pm quote
Vintage1 wrote:
here's a cat shit sandwich. gratis.
Molto Verboso
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:19 pm quote
greasy125 wrote:
Vintage1 wrote:
here's a cat shit sandwich. gratis.
No.... I just couldnít take your lunch from you.
eeee-bip
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:20 pm quote
Bonus
mmmm tasty.

If the deal goes through and it doesn't go well I'll say so.

If its trouble free I'll say so.

There's no point in buying it as I don't have a residence to register it to or insure it myself for that matter as mentioned previously.

The agreement is that I'll pay for all of the shipping ,breakdown cover and any workshop costs which seems fair.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:20 pm quote
Bill Dog wrote:
I'm just entitled to a response so I gave one.

Bill x
Bill did.

SDG
eeee-bip
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:30 pm quote
I think I explained it here when I said
List
I have friends in Denver and much as I know it's not halfway geographically it feels like halfway to me.

As for throwing myself into things that's how I know that I'm still alive and even after contracting Leukemia this year then losing both my parents it's only made me want more.

In August last year I was nutting down a French highway around 2am and I hit the corpse of a dear doing 80 mph while trying to break my own mileage record.

Even though it shook me up and made me question what the hell I was trying to prove for those few seconds it made feel totally connected and fully aware of my own mortality and I loved it.

I wouldn't walk in front of a truck just to find out which way it turned out but banging in those miles all day and all night while attempting to avoid injury is for me quite addictive so lets do it again.

More coming.

David, I've always said that the best Vespa I've ever ridden was the one that you gave me to ride the 2012 Cannonball and I will always be heavily in your debt.

Your kindness and generosity knows no bounds and if it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't be doing any of this so Thank You.

However my experience with my own Vespas and Piaggios in the UK was pretty dire so much so my faith in the product and its ability to actually properly become so eroded just I had to walk away from it.

I just got tried of forgiving it because it was Italian.

I could list all of the failures here but there's not enough time and I've done it before.

Needless to say they all broke so often I turned to a product that did the opposite no matter what I did to it, which made me wonder - how does that happen ?

How can the Taiwanese make a product that's better built and more reliable than the Italian brands when the Italians have been making them for far longer?

Now, am I going to keep this experience to myself because I owe you ?

It would be like praising your ex wife for decades for sleeping around.

It's just what she does so I'll forgive her.

The thing that everyone seems to forget is that for much of the rally - at least 3/4s of it I was in agony due to a MRSA infection that had started in my left hand and by the time I ended up in San Diego ICU it was up to my elbow.

I was in there for 3 days and I think the bill was around $50,000.

Now I could have given up, parked it, told you where it was and flown home but no I carried on riding that fucker to the end of the rally because 1 To show my gratitude to you and 2 I'm not a quitter.

I should have stopped riding but no, you went the extra mile so I kept my head down and got on with the job.

Kudos goes to Scutrbrau for sorting out the shit at the San Diego end also.

So please don't ever suggest that I have a short memory, I'm ungrateful or for that matter I don't have the right to be critical of the product.

I think I've earned that privilege don't you ?

Over to you.
Molto Verboso
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2007 Burgman 400
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:07 pm quote
Vespa Reliability
Debate about Quality:

I was so taken by MGB roadsters, I drove them for seven years. First a
used MGB and later a new MG Midget. Between the dated technology
(Throttle Linkage like a motorcycle), poor electrical system (use of to many different metals causing havoc in changing temperatures) and horrible
carburetors (That started on fire),the vehicle was a nightmare.

Despite this unreliability, I had to have one and felt like the coolest guy.
I finally found a mechanic to work on my MG who kept me on the road.

Now I drive all Honda cars and suvs. Nothing goes wrong.

Zoom to current times. I had to have the classic Vespa. Mine is newer,
I love it and have been lucky so far. Although, it shipped from the factory with the water pump gasket incorrectly installed. Over heated from the first day. This forum figured out the problem and I got it fixed under warranty.

Conclusion: I HAVE NOT LEARNED A THING! I still want style and will tolerate the unreliability. Note: My 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 with 40k miles has never had anything go wrong with it. Just normal maintenance.

Rocket J Squirrel
Frost Bite FAlls MN
eeee-bip
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 pm quote
Tops
I think that you just summed it up Bob.

I'll tolerate the unreliability.

It's 2019 and you shouldn't have to but it's an element that the new buyer will accept or at least forgive.

One thing that I havn't mentioned is the purpose that I use my "bikes" for which is probably different to the average user.

That may have some bearing on my reasoning.

Bill x
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:38 pm quote
Bill Dog wrote:
List
I have friends in Denver and much as I know it's not halfway geographically it feels like halfway to me.

As for throwing myself into things that's how I know that I'm still alive and even after contracting Leukemia this year then losing both my parents it's only made me want more.

In August last year I was nutting down a French highway around 2am and I hit the corpse of a dear doing 80 mph while trying to break my own mileage record.

Even though it shook me up and made me question what the hell I was trying to prove for those few seconds it made feel totally connected and fully aware of my own mortality and I loved it.

I wouldn't walk in front of a truck just to find out which way it turned out but banging in those miles all day and all night while attempting to avoid injury is for me quite addictive so lets do it again.

More coming.

David, I've always said that the best Vespa I've ever ridden was the one that you gave me to ride the 2012 Cannonball and I will always be heavily in your debt.

Your kindness and generosity knows no bounds and if it wasn't for you I probably wouldn't be doing any of this so Thank You.

However my experience with my own Vespas and Piaggios in the UK was pretty dire so much so my faith in the product and its ability to actually properly become so eroded just I had to walk away from it.

I just got tried of forgiving it because it was Italian.

I could list all of the failures here but there's not enough time and I've done it before.

Needless to say they all broke so often I turned to a product that did the opposite no matter what I did to it, which made me wonder - how does that happen ?

How can the Taiwanese make a product that's better built and more reliable than the Italian brands when the Italians have been making them for far longer?

Now, am I going to keep this experience to myself because I owe you ?

It would be like praising your ex wife for decades for sleeping around.

It's just what she does so I'll forgive her.

The thing that everyone seems to forget is that for much of the rally - at least 3/4s of it I was in agony due to a MRSA infection that had started in my left hand and by the time I ended up in San Diego ICU it was up to my elbow.

I was in there for 3 days and I think the bill was around $50,000.

Now I could have given up, parked it, told you where it was and flown home but no I carried on riding that fucker to the end of the rally because 1 To show my gratitude to you and 2 I'm not a quitter.

I should have stopped riding but no, you went the extra mile so I kept my head down and got on with the job.

Kudos goes to Scutrbrau for sorting out the shit at the San Diego end also.

So please don't ever suggest that I have a short memory, I'm ungrateful or for that matter I don't have the right to be critical of the product.

I think I've earned that privilege don't you ?

Over to you.
Bill,

our interaction was lovely. Iím glad I was able to supply you with a trouble free bike. Hope that all of your miles from here on out are trouble free no matter what the marque.

SDG
Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:43 pm quote
Kudos to SDG for poking on this a little bit.

I for one, am sick and tired of Bill Dog bringing his negativity on the brand most of us love EVERY chance he gets. His experience differs from virtually everyone else posting here. We get it - Billís had shit experiences (well, except when he didnít) with the brand. Fine. Make a great thread about it (or choose one of the dozens heís already done) and then just link to it every time he feels the urge. I for one am tired of seeing it EVERY time thereís a remote chance of tying it to a current thread.

Just my 2 cents. Worth exactly what you paid for it, as usual.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:24 pm quote
TN_Sooner wrote:
Kudos to SDG for poking on this a little bit.

I for one, am sick and tired of Bill Dog bringing his negativity on the brand most of us love EVERY chance he gets. His experience differs from virtually everyone else posting here. We get it - Billís had shit experiences (well, except when he didnít) with the brand. Fine. Make a great thread about it (or choose one of the dozens heís already done) and then just link to it every time he feels the urge. I for one am tired of seeing it EVERY time thereís a remote chance of tying it to a current thread.

Just my 2 cents. Worth exactly what you paid for it, as usual.
This is precisely why I havenít been around much. Iím going to try and be my helpful old self moving forward.

SDG
Hooked
2010 GTS 300(Sold) 2008 Silverwing "Train"/2006 GT200L "Lone Star"
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:32 pm quote
Re: Vespa Reliability
Bob Copeland wrote:
Debate about Quality:

I was so taken by MGB roadsters, I drove them for seven years. First a
used MGB and later a new MG Midget. Between the dated technology
(Throttle Linkage like a motorcycle), poor electrical system (use of to many different metals causing havoc in changing temperatures) and horrible
carburetors (That started on fire),the vehicle was a nightmare.

Despite this unreliability, I had to have one and felt like the coolest guy.
I finally found a mechanic to work on my MG who kept me on the road.

Now I drive all Honda cars and suvs. Nothing goes wrong.

Zoom to current times. I had to have the classic Vespa. Mine is newer,
I love it and have been lucky so far. Although, it shipped from the factory with the water pump gasket incorrectly installed. Over heated from the first day. This forum figured out the problem and I got it fixed under warranty.

Conclusion: I HAVE NOT LEARNED A THING! I still want style and will tolerate the unreliability. Note: My 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400 with 40k miles has never had anything go wrong with it. Just normal maintenance.

Rocket J Squirrel
Frost Bite FAlls MN
Off topic a bit, but I'm with you Bob on the MG disease. First car, rotted out MGB in high school. Who designs an oil filter housing to drain onto the distributor? Had to re-time the ignition, lying on the ground, in my suit, on the way to an interview when the distributor slipped. Overall, I owned 5 MGBs and an Austin-Healey Sprite. Hideously unreliable, but so good looking. Now, though, Toyota, Nissan, and Kia cages, and Japanese bikes and scooters, until the GTS. Quirky, but classic looking, and garners more favorable comments from bystanders than anything I've owned .
Ossessionato
2014 Commuter BV350(42,000)/2015 Scoot Life BV350(10,000)/2010 El Diablito SH150i(28,000)
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:20 pm quote
I don't open crash/death/helmet/Toreador Pants threads. Ya'll are forgetting one thing.
This is Bill's thread. Open at your own peril.

Oh yea, one more thing

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!......
eeee-bip
Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:40 pm quote
Hot Dog
It's OK, I don't mind as I get this - at every opportunity quite a lot.

It's not true but I can see how it can grate when my experience wasn't the same as yours.

I should remain forever grateful and doff my cap to those who have helped me forever towing the line never mentioning the uncomfortable truth.

It's OK, I get it.

Bill x
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:06 am quote
Re: Not Dog
Bill Dog wrote:
It's OK, I don't mind as I get this - at every opportunity quite a lot.

It's not true but I can see how it can grate when my experience wasn't the same as yours.

I should remain forever grateful and doff my cap to those who have helped me forever towing the line never mentioning the uncomfortable truth.

It's OK, I get it.

Bill x
Wow!
You have to let go sometimes
Way to undermine your gratitude!

Ash x
eeee-bip
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:07 am quote
List
It was just a matter of time.

Bill x
Molto Verboso
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2007 Burgman 400
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:19 am quote
Bill Dog - Some of these Nice Folks Just Do Not Get You
Hey,

I love it. You are the guy who throws a rock at the Bees nest.
I have always enjoyed the contribution of unique individuals.

Bob Copeland
Minnesota
eeee-bip
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:25 am quote
Special
Give me a while to formulate a good answer for that.

It could take a while.

What's that quote from Batman ?

Bill x
Molto Verboso
2006 Vespa GTS250ie, 1992 BMW K75
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:27 am quote
Re: Bill Dog - Some of these Nice Folks Just Do Not Get You
Bob Copeland wrote:
Hey,

Bob Copeland
Minnesota
Agreed.

And there is a subtle difference between a gray cloud (ugh) and someone who throws rocks at bee's nests.

For me, I was always throwing apples...
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:43 am quote
So it sounds like things are settled or at least deescalated. Let's keep it that way.

Remember. If someone posts something here or on any thread that you don't like or rubs you the wrong way you are not required to respond and you certainly are under no obligation to continue to follow. Just scroll on by. It is good for the blood pressure.
Ossessionato
2009 GTV250, 2003 Inder trailer, 2001 BMW R1100RT
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:42 am quote
stickyfrog wrote:
Remember. If someone posts something here or on any thread that you don't like or rubs you the wrong way you are not required to respond and you certainly are under no obligation to continue to follow. Just scroll on by. It is good for the blood pressure.
Agreed and there is always the "Just Walk Away" button on the post reply page. Personal disagreements can always be carried on via PMs, emails, phone calls, and text. The rest of us really don't understand the background/context and frankly don't really care much. And the negative back-and-forth just poisons a thread that otherwise is really interesting and intriguing. It also turns off MV newcomers.

Thx Sticky.

Best
Miguel
Ossessionato
Triumph Street Scrambler 2018, Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:54 pm quote
Re: Bill Dog - Some of these Nice Folks Just Do Not Get You
Bob Copeland wrote:
Hey,

Bob Copeland
Minnesota
A humble bow to you Sir. You said aloud what I was thinking.

I find it fascinating how various people find their voice for something they feel about.
Some more often, some less.

When I joined in a few years ago, Bill was a character with very few words - few, but often.
Now, lately we would say in Finland that he writes "like Runeberg". Our national poet, with extensive productions.

Rocks, apples - as long as we don't throw them to each others, they're fine.
eeee-bip
Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:32 am quote
All done
Finished the ride yesterday. 3333 miles in 10 days from -

Hasbrouck Heights New Jersey, Winchester Virginia, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Columbia, Kansas City, Hays Missouri, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Albuquerque, Flagstaff, Barstow, Long Beach, San Pedro and finally Glendale LA.

Lucky with the weather as the East Coast, Texas and Phoenix all got hammered and I was lucky enough to encounter the edge of one shower.

I tried to ride between 300 to 500 a day which was comfortable and there were no mechanical issues.

Bill x
Hooked
2010 GTS 300(Sold) 2008 Silverwing "Train"/2006 GT200L "Lone Star"
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:15 am quote
Re: All done
Bill Dog wrote:
Finished the ride yesterday. 3333 miles in 10 days from -

Hasbrouck Heights New Jersey, Winchester Virginia, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Columbia, Kansas City, Hays Missouri, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Albuquerque, Flagstaff, Barstow, Long Beach, San Pedro and finally Glendale LA.

Lucky with the weather as the East Coast, Texas and Phoenix all got hammered and I was lucky enough to encounter the edge of one shower.

I tried to ride between 300 to 500 a day which was comfortable and there were no mechanical issues.

Bill x
Hats off to you! Huzzah! What some of us dream of doing, you simply DO.

Remind me again, what was your mount? I've lost the bubble on that.

Again, congratulations.
eeee-bip
Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:23 am quote
Twin
A Triumph T120 Bonneville.

It gets shipped back to New Jersey fairly soon.

It only needed it's chain adjusted once and it's tyre pressures and oil checked daily.

Bill x
Ossessionato
Piaggio Fly 150
Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:20 pm quote
I was very pleased to hear that. Well done young man!
eeee-bip
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:02 pm quote
Take
Thank you.

I'd start most days around 7am and be done by about 1pm, which even now feels like a half day.

I may have to quantify that. 300 miles is easy but 500 makes your ass and thighs ache a little and this will compound on your next days riding.

Taking a couple of days to relax on the west coast then flying home.

Bill x

Last edited by Bill Dog on Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ossessionato
2012 Kymco Like 200i (Sold), 2018 FLSL
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:55 pm quote
Congrats! What is it about theses rides you enjoy so much? I have a friend who is on his return trip around the states. He started back in late spring and is now headed for Florida as he'll take a southern route back to California. He began with a northern route to visit family and friends and along the way detoured to retrace his grandfathers route when he came to America and made his way across the midwest singing in opera houses in the mid 1800's.
eeee-bip
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:13 pm quote
Slice
I'm not sure there's short answer to that question but I'll give it a go.

I like riding long distances and banging in mile after mile day after day is better than anything I know.

I'm also an awful tourist and pointing at history does nothing for me neither does laying on a beach.

Getting somewhere fast while seeing as much of the country as possible really motivates me as well as meeting new people in each new state.

Yes I have some friends to visit at either end of the country but watching the landscape change as I pile on the miles just does it for me.

Having the entire horizon as well as the road to myself never gets boring either.

I'll be back in December for something a bit more intense.

Bill x
eeee-bip
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:22 pm quote
Bitter Sweet
I think that the best thing I saw was the meteorite crater just outside of Flagstaff and also the early morning rides into each respective desert but the saddest thing was a double fatal truck crash just outside Albuquerque.

I also counted 4 dead Elk on my side of the road a bit further down.

I met a trucker in Barstow who saw the same incident but he swears that he saw a huge dead wolf laying on the road in the same stretch.

He commented that Barstow had a large homeless population as they were being bussed of of LA and dumped there. I'm not sure how true that was.

I was planning to stay in Long Beach but I got a odd feeling about it so I pressed on for San Pedro.

Bill x
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:58 pm quote
Re: Take
Bill Dog wrote:
Thank you.

I'd start most days around 7am and be done by about 1pm, which even now feels like a half day.

I may have to quantify that. 300 miles is easy but 500 makes your ass and thighs ache a little and this will compound on your next days riding.

Taking a couple of days to relax on the west coast then flying home.

Bill x
Yep, this is what I learned about myself on the Cannonball: the first 300 were consistently the best days of my life -- pure euphoric joy -- and the next 100 just pissed. me. off.

With a couple exceptions, but even then I kept thinking "man, I wish I'd hit this last 100 miles 200 miles ago when I wasn't too damn fried to really appreciate it."
Ossessionato
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:04 pm quote
Re: Slice
Bill Dog wrote:
I'm not sure there's short answer to that question but I'll give it a go.

I like riding long distances and banging in mile after mile day after day is better than anything I know.

I'm also an awful tourist and pointing at history does nothing for me neither does laying on a beach.

Getting somewhere fast while seeing as much of the country as possible really motivates me as well as meeting new people in each new state.

Yes I have some friends to visit at either end of the country but watching the landscape change as I pile on the miles just does it for me.

Having the entire horizon as well as the road to myself never gets boring either.

I'll be back in December for something a bit more intense.

Bill x
Thanks for sharing. I kind of sensed that about you from your past PTW travel posts. I look forward to hearing about your December travel plans if you decide to share.
eeee-bip
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:17 pm quote
Cake
In December of this year a friend of mine and I are going to drive from Daytona Beach to Long Beach within 48 hours, a distance of 2500 miles.

It was supposed to be happening this October but an issue with my meds has made me push it back a bit.

No breaks and only stopping for fuel.

I may also being driving from Calais to Valencia in early October - 1100 miles in one hit as a warm up.

Bill x
Ossessionato
Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:32 pm quote

That is intense. I couldn't do that. I am the type to stop and explore.

Don't blink you might miss your exit.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123456Next
[ Time: 0.2008s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0570s) ][ Debug on ]