What kind of MP3 is that?
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Piaggio MP3 HPE Sport ABS-ASR
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:09 am quote
A short story..

Stopped at a red light, a preety old looking MP3 pulls at the side of me..
I think it was one of those first generation MP3's.. with round headlights.. not much fairings on it.

The light goes green and this guy pulls of like a rocket..

I manage to catch him at the next stop and decided to see how it compares to my bike (brand spanking new MP3 500 HPE ABS-ASR Sport). I meen.. it wasn't even close.

Long story short I've dragged raced the guy 2 more times after that being left in the dust, admiring his number plate in the distance.

Still looking after that guy on my daily commute to stop him and ask him more about the bike. It made me very curious what kind of improvements that persons added to such an old bike that made it go that fast.
Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:23 am quote
Fuoco?
Addicted
2010 gts 300 super. 09 MP3 500 lite
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:19 am quote
is this a real story fred?

weight differences on scooters make a substantial difference, as well as windshields and top cases. aside from that there is about 6hp available in tweaks without touching the engine. exhaust, intake, and transmission mods can really transform the drive

would like to hear what mods he has if you meet up again.
Ossessionato
2016 MP3/500 Sport ABS, 2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:59 am quote
Re: What kind of MP3 is that?
fredkreuger wrote:
A short story..

Stopped at a red light, a preety old looking MP3 pulls at the side of me..
I think it was one of those first generation MP3's.. with round headlights.. not much fairings on it.

The light goes green and this guy pulls of like a rocket..

I manage to catch him at the next stop and decided to see how it compares to my bike (brand spanking new MP3 500 HPE ABS-ASR Sport). I meen.. it wasn't even close.

Long story short I've dragged raced the guy 2 more times after that being left in the dust, admiring his number plate in the distance.

Still looking after that guy on my daily commute to stop him and ask him more about the bike. It made me very curious what kind of improvements that persons added to such an old bike that made it go that fast.
Did you take a picture? Post it please...
Piaggio MP3 HPE Sport ABS-ASR
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:36 am quote
jerryd wrote:
is this a real story fred?

weight differences on scooters make a substantial difference, as well as windshields and top cases. aside from that there is about 6hp available in tweaks without touching the engine. exhaust, intake, and transmission mods can really transform the drive

would like to hear what mods he has if you meet up again.
It's real.. Was quite bummed because I though I had the meanest fastest MP3 out there.

About the picture.. I don't ride with my phone on the dash. If I see the guy again will def try to stop him for a talk.

Looked online and indeed it looked more like a Gillera Fuoco but I was under the assumption that MP3 and the Fuoco are the same bikes.
Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:39 pm quote
They are essentially the same apart from the bodywork
Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:26 pm quote
ther are pics of it on google its a mann who traveled the whole europe and north africa its a stripped down Fuoco with a spare rim on the back most of the time
Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1257s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0262s) ][ Debug on ]