Corben seat heads up.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Author Message
Ossessionato
2014 Commuter BV350(45,000)/2015 Scoot Life BV350(10,000)/2010 El Diablito SH150i(30,000)
Joined: 27 Dec 2013
Posts: 2475
Location: Orange Park Florida
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:18 pm quote
Ran across this and thought an MV'er might want it.

https://gainesville.craigslist.org/mpo/d/alachua-corbin-seat-for-vespa-gts-300/7047976242.html
Hooked
GTS 300
Joined: 03 Jul 2019
Posts: 286
Location: lewisville , nc. 27023
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:01 pm quote
I'm interested in buying the seat.

Unfortunately my computer skills are not all that great.

I tried sending a message to the seller , but am not sure I got it right and it went.

Do you have any suggestions as to how I can connect with the seller, I know nothing about using Craigs list.

Thank you for any help.
Doug
Ossessionato
2014 Commuter BV350(45,000)/2015 Scoot Life BV350(10,000)/2010 El Diablito SH150i(30,000)
Joined: 27 Dec 2013
Posts: 2475
Location: Orange Park Florida
Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:49 am quote
Sorry, this is just a heads up. There's only a reply button. You may be at the mercy of poor salesmanship.
Hooked
GTS 300
Joined: 03 Jul 2019
Posts: 286
Location: lewisville , nc. 27023
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:22 am quote
I sent a message through the reply button last night.

Unfortunately the e mail accounts displayed with the reply button are not the e mail system I have.

I sent another message via my wife's G mail account .

Maybe that will get the sellers attention.

I may have given out too much contact info, so I can only hope the seller is a real person.
Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco
Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 2159
Location: E. KY
Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:36 am quote
I just messaged the seller that I also will buy the seat.
It's a recent (1/05) ad but the CL ads stay up for long after they are cancelled. FWIW, I sold a tablesaw on CL last Sunday and removed the ad on Monday a.m. yet it's still up all over the place and people asking to buy it.

The larger seat question for now is not mentioned in the ad.
We have no idea if the seat will fit which model years and they did change the seats. My GTS is a 2018 and requires the newer version. From the top, they look the same so those pics are of no help.
I will be in the sellers city in a few days as we begin our 2020 snowbird trip. In fact we'll be in a nearby state park to where the seat is located.
Maybe the stars will align? Winner takes all...

CL is a zoo, I know this first hand. A scoot seat is a very unlike scam though.
Vehicles sold on CL now require a $5 fee to keep the scammers away. More of them are posing as buyers than sellers it seems.
Hooked
GTS 300
Joined: 03 Jul 2019
Posts: 286
Location: lewisville , nc. 27023
Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:39 pm quote
Kantuckid wrote:
I just messaged the seller that I also will buy the seat.
It's a recent (1/05) ad but the CL ads stay up for long after they are cancelled. FWIW, I sold a tablesaw on CL last Sunday and removed the ad on Monday a.m. yet it's still up all over the place and people asking to buy it.

The larger seat question for now is not mentioned in the ad.
We have no idea if the seat will fit which model years and they did change the seats. My GTS is a 2018 and requires the newer version. From the top, they look the same so those pics are of no help.
I will be in the sellers city in a few days as we begin our 2020 snowbird trip. In fact we'll be in a nearby state park to where the seat is located.
Maybe the stars will align? Winner takes all...

CL is a zoo, I know this first hand. A scoot seat is a very unlike scam though.
Vehicles sold on CL now require a $5 fee to keep the scammers away. More of them are posing as buyers than sellers it seems.
I flatulate in your general direction
Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco
Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 2159
Location: E. KY
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:00 pm quote
I will in fact be in the sellers city in a couple of days.
Many sellers defer to ship stuff, like they don't know how, or unwilling to bother, etc.. Like they used to say, "age before beauty"
Candidly said, I have always been a gassy person.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, BV 500, Buddy 125
Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 8164
Location: Houston, TX/Breckenridge, CO
Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:50 pm quote
Kantuckid wrote:
I just messaged the seller that I also will buy the seat.
It's a recent (1/05) ad but the CL ads stay up for long after they are cancelled. FWIW, I sold a tablesaw on CL last Sunday and removed the ad on Monday a.m. yet it's still up all over the place and people asking to buy it.

The larger seat question for now is not mentioned in the ad.
We have no idea if the seat will fit which model years and they did change the seats. My GTS is a 2018 and requires the newer version. From the top, they look the same so those pics are of no help..
Hmm I took the solo sports seat I had on my 2006 GTS and put it on our 2019 without any fit issues. Okay they are both Piaggio seats but they were interchangeable.

Corbin uses their own seat pan which screwed up the latch on my 2006. I ended up having to replace it.
Hooked
GTS 300
Joined: 03 Jul 2019
Posts: 286
Location: lewisville , nc. 27023
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:21 pm quote
Kantuckid wrote:
I will in fact be in the sellers city in a couple of days.
Many sellers defer to ship stuff, like they don't know how, or unwilling to bother, etc.. Like they used to say, "age before beauty"
Candidly said, I have always been a gassy person.
Well since I am older than you , I think it would be nice if you bought it and brought it back for me. It would be even nicer if you paid for it and gifted it to an elderly old man .
Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco
Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 2159
Location: E. KY
Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:23 am quote
Corbin says they fit, 06-18, so my memory was off the mark. SIP says older seats require moving rubber bumpers.
CD, I'm aware of Corbins seat pan as their creation cause I looked at them in FL last year.
Corbin has a web picture showing the required use of their provided yellow seat hinge which looks strong as it's welded up from bar stock. What messed up, their hinge or the hols or what? Their hinge looks far stronger than their seat pan fiberglass for sure.
I'm not "fighting" over a seat Doug? The seat is "out there"for public sale, well maybe?
For starters you publicly posted that you couldn't get off a message, so I did so. Secondly, ad was publicly posted for all the web world to see.
3rd, I have gotten no response anyway and thus a waste of time to discuss?
4th, CL sales are indeed first come first serve as has been the case since we still looked at newspaper classifieds a few years back.
If you buy it, no sweat or gas from me.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, BV 500, Buddy 125
Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 8164
Location: Houston, TX/Breckenridge, CO
Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 am quote
Kantuckid wrote:
Corbin says they fit, 06-18, so my memory was off the mark. SIP says older seats require moving rubber bumpers.
CD, I'm aware of Corbins seat pan as their creation cause I looked at them in FL last year.
Corbin has a web picture showing the required use of their provided yellow seat hinge which looks strong as it's welded up from bar stock. What messed up, their hinge or the hols or what? Their hinge looks far stronger than their seat pan fiberglass for sure.
There was nothing wrong with their hinge, it held up beautifully but it didn't line up 100% with the latch. We also had the "nose job" as my husband only has a 29" inseam and its slope meant you had a tendency to slide down it. We ended up putting some extra washers in to counteract that slope. Seat was still 1/2" lower than the solo seat which is a bit lower than the stock seat.
Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco
Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 2159
Location: E. KY
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:04 am quote
Thanks!
I do remember now your comment on the slide forward thing, etc..
I had that same pushing on the tank issue with OE BMW cycle seats, in fact they are kind of known for that.

If I happened to be the new owner of the FL seat, I'm gonna name it after Doug...
Hooked
GTS 300
Joined: 03 Jul 2019
Posts: 286
Location: lewisville , nc. 27023
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:10 pm quote
Kantuckid wrote:
Thanks!
I do remember now your comment on the slide forward thing, etc..
I had that same pushing on the tank issue with OE BMW cycle seats, in fact they are kind of known for that.

If I happened to be the new owner of the FL seat, I'm gonna name it after Doug...
I have been named after worse things.
No sweat on my part if you get it.
The dude has not responded , so I'm thinking it's a dead issue.
Ossessionato
2014 Commuter BV350(45,000)/2015 Scoot Life BV350(10,000)/2010 El Diablito SH150i(30,000)
Joined: 27 Dec 2013
Posts: 2475
Location: Orange Park Florida
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:56 pm quote
DandyDoug wrote:
The dude has not responded , so I'm thinking it's a dead issue.
I had the same issue when looking for a Poodle puppy. Seems as though there's way too many lazy inconsiderate people posting on craigslist.
Ossessionato
2018 Vespa GTS 300 ABS- Bianco
Joined: 20 Apr 2013
Posts: 2159
Location: E. KY
Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:29 am quote
I'm currently in the CL category of being called names.
I ran a tablesaw for sale last saturday & sunday. I honestly think I could have sold it a couple dozen times, as you wouldn't believe how many people were after it! I respond to every inquiry with a msg..
I promptly removed all 5 cities/areas ads on early Monday yet still get emails as it apparently stays in the web cloud for a very long time? Then there are these other web sales sites that clone/repeat CL ads and they keep ads who knows how long.
It seems like a few folks post an ad then leave town? This does happen though as a few people do work away from home.
Enthusiast
2018 Vespa GTS Super
Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Posts: 81
Location: Central Florida
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:35 pm quote
I pursued and met up with the guy. Bought the seat. Now to see if I like it...
It is ABSOLUTELY meant for those short of leg! Even at 5'6" it might be TOO short for me. Seems like a 5'0" to 5'4" might be better suited for this seat.

BTW, it does fit all years as mine is a 2018.
Hooked
GTS 300
Joined: 03 Jul 2019
Posts: 286
Location: lewisville , nc. 27023
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:40 pm quote
marklehnert wrote:
I pursued and met up with the guy. Bought the seat. Now to see if I like it...
It is ABSOLUTELY meant for those short of leg! Even at 5'6" it might be TOO short for me. Seems like a 5'0" to 5'4" might be better suited for this seat.

BTW, it does fit all years as mine is a 2018.
If you decide that it's not for you , please contact me.
I'm very interested in buying it.
Thanks, Doug.
Enthusiast
2018 Vespa GTS Super
Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Posts: 81
Location: Central Florida
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:52 pm quote
Sure thing, Doug!
Enthusiast
2018 Vespa GTS Super
Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Posts: 81
Location: Central Florida
Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:27 am quote
GTS Corbin seat - too low
I have put about 500 miles on this seat and have decided that it's just too low for me. Hard to believe as I have a 29" inseam. This one is lower than the std LOW Corbin. The only problem for me is that the rise/hump is about 2" too far forward as I like to slide back when at speed and this has me sitting exactly on the transition from low to higher passenger level.

So, up for sale. Back pebble grained leather in perfect condition. It fits ALL GTS models from at least 2013 through my 2018.

$250 plus shipping; figure about $35 +/-
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1576s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0257s) ][ Debug on ]