Cheese run.
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Sun May 17, 2020 6:29 pm quote
In normal times I wouldn't bother to report, but considering on how COVID has taken the wind out of our sails, it's a bigger deal...

So, with a good weather forecast, and wanting to pick up cheese right from the factory, rode the 25 or so miles to a small cheese factory in a small town nearby. Their COVID accommodations are order by phone, with cheese placed on a cart outside the store. While I was at it, thought we should be stocking up on a bit of ice cream, so called in an order at a local shop in the countryside, where a farm decided to produce its own. It's been a great success with people converging from everywhere to eat their product. Again, different rules this year, but they did allow outside seating. I opted for pickup and glad I did....there was a line of people crowded together to buy from a walk-up window....no spacing, no masks in sight.

Day was marred slightly by running a bit late, with clouds moving in, and wanting to make my schedule, so didn't get to stop at the plethora of small, old graveyards in the countryside. But, it was warm (had just switched out my tall for my midsize screen), and the trees were greening up, and well, I was riding! Good 60 or so miles when it was done.

Church.jpg
Old small-town Lutheran church on the way.

Kelly's (1).jpg

Kelly's 2 (1).jpg
Hard to make out the line, but starts at the blue SUV and continues to the end of the building....my window was on the left, thankfully.

cheese.jpg
This should keep us for a while. At least until I need another ride.

Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Sun May 17, 2020 6:34 pm quote
Any ride that involves ice cream is a good ride!
Hooked
GTS 300
Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:25 am quote
Any ride that involves cheese is a good ride.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:01 am quote
joe register wrote:
Any ride that involves cheese is a good ride.
Indeed.

Stay tuned, there may be more in the future. Bit of a setback, as I learned that COVID has shuttered (hopefully temporarily) a string cheese factory outlet that I used to ride to several times a summer. Award-winning string cheese, that is awesome when fresh. Nice country riding and near a state forest with some great curvy roads. An hour or so riding seems about right for a quick cheese run, no?

Even though there are no longer cheese factories on every block anymore, this is Wisconsin so they're still around. My next adventure will be twice as far away, and my fantasy run is about 3 hours away. Can still do that in a day....
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
[ Time: 0.1427s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0342s) ][ Debug on ]