Primavera 150 / Problem with Seat Lock
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Lurker
2015 Primavera 150
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:29 am quote
Hi Collective Knowledge,
New to the forum. New to Vespa

Strange situation here with my new-to-me 2015 Primavera 150.

The bike history: Promptly stolen from original owner and there's hardly any miles on it (1300) but cosmetic damage on the bike that indicates somebody really wanted to break into anything that was locked on this bike. Previous owner (owner 2, a flipper) bought it with a salvage title after it was recovered and auctioned off. He replaced the ignition and re-keyed the bike and then sold it to me for a great price. Everybody wins.

So, on to the the seat lock problem. The seat lock works. (i.e. the latch works and the seat can't be yanked open). The problem is that the seat latch release button will open the seat even if the bike is locked.

Is this the result of something that went wrong when the bike was re-keyed?

Could it be something damaged by the fiends that stole the bike?

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:44 am quote
Since the seat release button is an electrical switch, I would first suspect that the seat release circuit was rewired incorrectly when the scooter was rebuilt. I would go here:
https://manuals.wotmeworry.org.uk/Vespa/Primavera/PRIMAVERA-150ie-USA-wiring.pdf
and download the electrical diagram and trace the wiring from there. The seat release switch may not go to the switched side of the ignition key switch.
Lurker
2015 Primavera 150
Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:53 am quote
update/resolution:
the key switch that was installed on bike by PO was for the LX.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1308s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0224s) ][ Debug on ]