A Day With The Big Bikes in Woodstock
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
Addicted
Bashan 150, CF Moto Fashion 250
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:00 pm quote
There are no Scooter Groups in this region so I have to ride with the Harleys. There were other brands in this gathering but the predominate brand is from Milwaukee.
This particular event was a fundraiser for a deceased member of the local Red Knights Motorcycle Club. It started at Woodstock Harley Davidson and traveled through the scenic roads of Ulster County. The run around the Ashokan Reservoir was quite impressive and after that the organizers kept us on twisty back roads.
Riding a fifteen horsepower Chinese scooter among the 100 cubic inch V-Twins is always a challenge. They can slow down at the base of hills and then scale them with a twist of the throttle. Chasing them without a gearbox is the fun part. I generally try to keep momentum up to keep my speed up and not hold up the riders behind me. It makes for an interesting day.
The ride ended in Port Ewen, NY at an Ice Cream/Food establishment that has become one of the local groups hang outs.
It's always fun to be the only scooter on the ride. I have another ride to do next week but maybe I'll use the 750 next time.

Molto Verboso
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2007 Burgman 400
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:21 am quote
Riding with the Big Dogs
Thanks for the pictures.

Good for you getting out with a group. Two wheeling
is two wheeling. I find the Harley guys very accepting of
our Max-Scooters.

Bob Copeland
Lake Wobegon Minnesota
Missouri Loves Company Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Ride Reports
[ Time: 0.1076s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0324s) ][ Debug on ]