Gilera Fuoco Firmware updating. Is it necessary?
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Gilera Fuoco
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:09 am quote
Hi there!
Do you think, it makes sense to update the software in Fuoko 2009? If so, I would be grateful for any advice on how to fix this.

The nearest authorized dealer is located 1500 km from my city and, unfortunately, contacting him is a bad idea.

I tried to googling it but found nothing intelligible.

Thanks and any help would be appreciated.
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500
Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:53 am quote
If I recall correctly, the update is for motors that occasionally stall at idle. They changed the map a little to make it a bit more reliable. I don't think it's a problem, just irritating, so update it if you think it's worth it. Otherwise, I don't think it would cause a safety or longevity issue if you don't update it.

Here's what BubbaJon (the previous owner of my scooter) says about it:

Got the new mapping update today
Gilera Fuoco
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:24 am quote
Squeazel wrote:
If I recall correctly, the update is for motors that occasionally stall at idle. They changed the map a little to make it a bit more reliable. I don't think it's a problem, just irritating, so update it if you think it's worth it. Otherwise, I don't think it would cause a safety or longevity issue if you don't update it.

Here's what BubbaJon (the previous owner of my scooter) says about it:

Got the new mapping update today
I met the idle speed problem only twice and it looks, that I don't need to update the fuel map.
Thanks.
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1376s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0273s) ][ Debug on ]