What is this hose? (LX150)
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Resident Gentleman
--------2008 LX150-------- Sold
Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:24 pm quote
What is this hose that comes off the left rear bottom of my carb? (Not where the arrow and "no" sign is. The one with the narrow red line following it.) It appears to just go through a clamp inside the cowl and is open on the end. Did I accidentally disconnect it from somewhere, or is it supposed to be like that?

I was going to put in a 38 idle jet, but was having trouble getting the screws out of the carb. I chickened out and put everything back together, but wasn't sure about this hose.

Could someone put my mind at ease, please.

hose.JPG
Not where the arrow and "no" sign is. The one with the narrow red line following it.

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX 150 (memories)
Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:04 pm quote
Is that the battery box drain line?
Grumpy Biker
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL
Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:30 pm quote
This looks to me like it's your carburetor overflow line. It should be connected to the bottom of the bowl on the carburetor and goes from there to the left side of the motor then turns down towards the ground and is open at the end. This line provides a way for fuel to safely overflow from the carburetor in case your float needle sticks open. It carries the fuel around the hot cylinder and lets it dump on the ground rather then letting it drip directly on the hot parts (fire hazard).

Here is a photo of how this line is routed around the cylinder (follow the red line).

Resident Gentleman
--------2008 LX150-------- Sold
Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:14 am quote
NightWing wrote:
Is that the battery box drain line?
Thanks. But, no it comes from the carb.
caschnd1 wrote:
This looks to me like it's your carburetor overflow line. It should be connected to the bottom of the bowl on the carburetor and goes from there to the left side of the motor then turns down towards the ground and is open at the end.
That makes sense. Yes, it does come from the bowl area of the carburetor. Thanks for putting my mind at ease.
Ossessionato
09 190s taormina
Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:14 am quote
Re: What is this hose? (LX150)
danny*h wrote:
I was going to put in a 38 idle jet, but was having trouble getting the screws out of the carb. I chickened out and put everything back together, but wasn't sure about this hose.
Don't bother with the 38 jet if your scoot is stock. "Maybe" a very slight difference in acceleration but feels overrich. IMO evap disconnect and idle mixture adjustment is all that is needed.

Tip for the bowl screws if you still want to try the jet is to lightly tap on the end of the screw driver before attempting to to twist.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1335s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0276s) ][ Debug on ]