My 2012 S50
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Gallery Previous123Next
vespa s150
Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:42 pm quote
Starting to look really sweet luv the gf vespa. My wife got hers first custom painted candy floss pink color 2006 lx50. We got funny looks when I parked my 1996 triumph trophy beside it. Fell in love with the scooters so bought a red 2008 s150. Similar up grades. Keep up the great work and the mma
lx 50
Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:48 am quote
never seen the second roller gears before? what kind of performance increase to they offer?
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:31 pm quote
Here's a pic with the whitewalls,Im going to hold off on the powdercoating for a little while of the wheels since the shops i have gone to all say the color i want either wont turn out right, or they dont have it so id have to order bulk and im not paying $375 to powdercoat some 10inch scooter wheels.
As expected the top end increased significantly with the secondary gears and other tranny goodies! It doesn't pop as much off the line but it is still acceptable ill adjust the rollers in a month or so to balance it out.
Below is a picture of where I got the needle to on the ride after installation of the secondary gears. I wish I would've had my gopro and GPS charged to get a confirmation on top speed. I'm sure it was close to 60mph. At 49mph indicated i had GPS confirmed 48mph. Next time i ride the scoot I'll get visual confirmation. I couldve taken the needle further but i decided to back off to give the motor some rest.

[/img]
lx 50
Wed May 01, 2013 5:00 pm quote
man, that is one sweet ride....so jealous. My lx 50 is getting the cylinder kit, cam, and malossi variator just as soon as i save the cash.

what tranny upgrades did you do to get near 60 mph?? thats incredible!
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Wed May 01, 2013 5:55 pm quote
Transmission upgrades
If you refer to the first post of the thread i have listed all the mods but the transmission has

Malossi variator kit,belt,clutch springs, contra spring and slider,and secondary gears
GTS 300 SS
Thu May 02, 2013 8:32 pm quote
Very nice S, looks really good! The only thing you could possibly change is a double passenger seat as you have the topcase with a backrest for a second person but a mono seat.
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Thu May 02, 2013 8:38 pm quote
Olli wrote:
Very nice S, looks really good! The only thing you could possibly change is a double passenger seat as you have the topcase with a backrest for a second person but a mono seat.
I agree, it suits me just fine and if i have a passenger they can bear it for the shorter rides, i dont make long rides since its a 50cc but i would love to have a custom dual seat. I need to find a really good upholstery or fabricating place unless i can find a seat that is mass produced.
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Tue May 07, 2013 7:43 am quote
Malossi Torque Driver?
does anyone have any experience with this on the 50s? I've seen some posts with those from the 200s I understand the principle is the same but the magnitude of the difference it can make can differ per model. if anyone has any info on this mod for the 50cc bikes lemme know if its worth getting and if it provides a large acceleration increase or mild.
Molto Verboso
07 LX50

Sun May 12, 2013 6:41 pm quote
Wow I've only just now seen all of April up dates.Man you've made that 50s go!Cant wait to see vid from 0-pegged.You really have me thinking about secondary gear.Looks like 60 to me!Really hope you get good news on the torque driver.Damn it's like a 150 now!Great job!
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Tue May 21, 2013 10:54 am quote
More parts pics
Here we have the Malossi Torque Driver im waiting to install along wth the 5.5 gram roller weights should i need those. and the new Z1R RAF Transit Helmet, its just something fun and new, im still keeping the vespa GT.

And Me and the GF went on a nice ride together
Hooked
2007 LX50
Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:22 pm quote
Great scoot! Using your post to do the same sort of mods on the engine as you have done on my lx 50 4 stroke.
Just wandering how much have you spent on the engine and performance parts alone, could you give me a rough estimate? and dont mean to be rude!
Thanks!
lx 50
Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:46 pm quote
for love, not money
i would guess he's into it pretty big- love knows no boundries or budget
Lurker
Vespa S 50cc 4stroke
Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:20 am quote
when i read this thread about 3 months ago i completely fell in love!
bought exactly the same model with modifications (exept the engine parts)

i will post a picture of it as soon as i can!
in holland the front reflectors do not exist on this model.
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:57 pm quote
Just made some more purchases. pics coming soon.
Ossessionato
2015 Sprint 150 ABS Yellow. 1974 Vespa Rally 200 White, non battery model.
Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:18 am quote
colemillerkills wrote:
Just made some more purchases. pics coming soon.
You tease...
LX150ie

Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:48 pm quote
What milage do you get now, after all your modifications?

I'm a newbie. Got my LX150ie a little over a month now. Got the same color as yours, which is a premium color here in the Philippines. So when the dealer was selling it at regular price, I grabbed it.

Your 50 is mighty quick now! It's just like a 150 but with a very small motor. That is impressive (and expensive).

Cheers!
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:09 pm quote
Gas mileage
I imagine my gas mileage is somewhere around 65-70 now. Thats something i should take a for sure look at.
Lurker
Vespa ET4 150
Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:05 am quote
paint code
this vespa looks amazing man. my 2004 ET4's was a bit faded paint. i saw your S50 and i just want to repaint my vespa this colour. could you give me your vespa's paint code ?
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:18 pm quote
I know I have been quiet for a while, but I've had a couple fights and been active. I was just over in Manchester, UK and fought in Boston earlier this year….gonna be in Atlanta Jan, 15. Anyways I got these sweet parts. I just can't stop modding.
Malossi RS24 front shock

Malossi Whoop Disc brake and anti squeal shims from EBC

Stay tuned for the bike complete and i promise to put up some video eventually
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:21 pm quote
Here is the finished product. badly in need of a wash. I have a nice xmas gift for myself coming to help aid in riding in the winter

Hooked
Vespa LX 50 4T
Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:24 am quote
I love this thing. Looks absolutely stunning!
Vespa S80 SuperSport
Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:54 pm quote
That 's an awesome S!! The Azurro blue is a fantastic colour I like the mods you did very much, especially all the Malossi parts I want the Multivar, Torque Driver, and spring glider as well, I already have the 80cc kit and camshaft, could you give a description of the effect that those parts give?

Thanks in advance!
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:11 pm quote
Man Ive been neglecting this forum big time. Now that it is Spring time I will be giving the Vespa some special ATTN and hopefully this forum as well. To catch y'all up. August 2013 I sent my opponent to the hospital without a mark on my face and somehow lost

Then in October I went and fought in Manchester and won against a British guy Andy Ogle. Here i stopped in a mall that had a cool Vespa themed ice cream shop...didnt get to have any since I was cutting weight

Then I finally got to fight back in Georgia in Atlanta in January and won in the 2nd round there as well.

Now with the Vespas...I got the GF a large windscreen so she could ride more comfortably in the winter and got her a rear rack and haven't installed her varistor yet. Also I bought a house in Georgia finally and got her daughter a "Vespa" of her own for Christmas...guess what were the first items inside my new house

I got a nice GIVI taller windscreen for the winter though I never got to install it. It looks very cool with the oil/bug splatter look on the lower half of the screen. Future plans for the scooter are to get it tuned for maximum power perhaps at Motoretta in Atlanta or Capitol Cycle in Macon. Also I'm thinking about getting the floorboard Plasti dipped with a Wood Grain finish. Not many more upgrades available for this bad boy.
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:29 pm quote
Loved the Givi Windscreen this winter. Looked sharp as well as providing good function. Scooter is now in south florida with me. I need some homies to ride with on weekends! also forgot if i addressed it. the turn signal pods had to go back on to do a delay in the turn signal harness from scooter west. It worked but with the 2 or 3 second delay of the signal it just was digging into safety. The new turn signal wouldn't work with the 50 and i didn't feel like tearing the harness apart to make it work. I'm gonna have to have a custom one made. After riding so long without them. they bug the hell out of me now.

S50
Tue May 24, 2016 9:13 am quote
WOW your my idol! You've done everything I've been thinking of. This is awesome! Congratulations, what a great job. But damn I have so much work to do before I catch up to you. I wanted white walled tires and the mechanic at the Vespa store made fun of me Mine is almost all stock outside except for LEDS.

IMG_1623.JPG

Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Tue May 24, 2016 2:17 pm quote
Great looking scoot!
S50
Tue May 24, 2016 8:34 pm quote
colemillerkills wrote:
Great looking scoot!
Thanks man! I'm so bummed had to get it towed today, it was running so great then started to loose power and then died completely. The mechanic thinks its the timing chain, which i think is an issue caused by the mechanic not reinstalling the timing chain properly when he added the 78cc kit. I'm very frustrated. Hopefully they don't charge me for the fix.
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Tue May 24, 2016 8:59 pm quote
ConcreteHeaven wrote:
colemillerkills wrote:
Great looking scoot!
Thanks man! I'm so bummed had to get it towed today, it was running so great then started to loose power and then died completely. The mechanic thinks its the timing chain, which i think is an issue caused by the mechanic not reinstalling the timing chain properly when he added the 78cc kit. I'm very frustrated. Hopefully they don't charge me for the fix.
Purchase that Power Cam right away and have them drop it in since they'll have it open already
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:37 pm quote
Ok after having a kid I haven't spent much time on the scooter, but he's 1 and a half now and I'm going to be freed up some this summer to ride. I figured I might as well complete my Malossi load out, or begin to. I've had these Malossi tire valve Stem covers for a while now, but here they are very beautiful. Also I just got installed the Malossi CDI and Delta clutch/bell combo. I've noticed top speed has stayed the same, maybe even dropped a mph or two but the acceleration is noticeable. I'm going to replace my belt again soon and play around with some different rollers/ contra spring combos to see what works best. I also purchased the pinwheel shaft and roller crankcase cover however haven't gotten around to installing them yet. I'm trying to get a hold of someone at Malossi but haven't had any luck with them responding to my email about a question I have before pressing forward. Last but not least I just spoke with Suzy at Cheeky Seats and got a custom seat cover and top case back rest cover. I went with Japanese BRIDE racing with blue piping/stitching to match my scoot. It turned out great. I will go to a friends house this week to rivet on the new seat strap as well. Hope you guys enjoy! More updates to come soon I hope.

Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:59 pm quote
Today I shaved the gridding on the inside of the OEM intake air box. I saw a thread in project reports a fellow forum member had done that. Then I cleaned out the jets, replaced the carb screws with new ones, cleaned and oiled my air filter. Last night I also took off my fly screen and mirrors so I could remove the turn signal pods. Future plans ,aside from a few Malossi things,include getting a custom professional wiring harness to have my running lights function as they do with turn signals and get some mirror hole plugs. I also have a unique body work idea that will likely get put off until winter. Here is a pic today just filling it up with gas. Doesn't look too bad .
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:45 pm quote
Got some nice parts in. Several Zelioni pieces along with the PM tuning brake levers from SIP. One note on these. They're listed as being suitable for the S model however I had to Dremel a bit due to the rear brake lever needing to be modified. A bolt was colliding with the plastic headset on the release of the lever. Not good. Got it functional though. Also had some fun with a DIY intake velocity stack and some reflector removal. Thanks to member blue cloud for providing some inspiration in several areas.

Cool RAM mount where the mirror used to go, going to install a bar end mirror here soon.

Gave Him a nice wash today too, he deserved it. Still several other cool things to come. Going to get a tune soon(non Dyno).

My ever so permanent scowl lol. Even my sunglasses are Italian.

Stay tuned for more to come
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:42 am quote
Decided to change the engine oil, transmission oil, gapped a new spark plug. It was running much smoother, then took it to a local spot for the mounting of the exhaust yesterday. They had it mounted by today which is great news. They're tuning the carb now.

Oh added these GTS and Malossi emblems too.
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:38 pm quote
Heres some vid of the exhaust on the scoot. Hope you all enjoy the sound as much as i do. I got to thank the guys at Byron PowerSports for doing such a great job.

Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:12 pm quote
some video (pre Yoshimura exhaust) of the needle wrapping around touching the "S" (where 60mph would be) on the speedo.
Primavera 50 4t '15 "Il buono", Benelli Pepe50 '10 "Il brutto", LX 50 2t '10 "Il cattivo"
Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:37 am quote
Hi!
Great scoot, great upgrades!

Could you please share some more details - how acceleration has worsen after new secondary gear kit? Was it Malossi 6712144?

What is the weight of the rollers you finaly use for best performance?
2012 S50
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:04 am quote
I know this is a old post but doesnt seem many are as detailed as yhourself and not alot out there on the s50...

how much did all of the upgrades run you in the end and how much was labor...

I just got a s50 same year same color and i dig what youve done!

(dont really need higher top speeds but id love having some zoom and a comfortable ride here in miami
Hooked
2012 Vespa S50
Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:55 am quote
I spent a couple thousand dollars US in upgrades. the only labor i spent was the install of the big bore kit. I did all the other labor myself, none of it was too hard.
Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:24 am quote
Awesome stuff you got there.
2012 S50
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:16 pm quote
well seems you have done all the S50 upgrades!!! and the different looks and what have you... Bad ass bike thats for sure! I have the same year and color so thanks for all the detailed info and work youve blessed the site with (this should be a sticky for the S50 crowd)

Ill ask you since you live in South Florida as do I (305) would the variator kit be enough if all i want is a bit of juice Im not trying to go faster just wanna have some acceleration and be able to zip over the bridges no problem.

second, for fuel efficiency what are you ideas on that? mine is pretty stock as of now Ive gone with the crash bars and what not but wanted black instead of chrome through out the bike as SoFL and chrome seem to be a bit of a problem esp since I live on the water.

Those white walls are tight!!!! I wanted to get the rims in the same color of blue or blacked out... but hadnt seen the white walls on a S50 till yours!

looks good!
Ossessionato
LXV 150 Midnight Blue (Sold)
Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:00 pm quote
Oops wrong thread
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> Scooter Gallery Previous123Next
[ Time: 0.3945s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0889s) ][ Debug on ]