@larrydj avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS Super 300ie

Hooked
@larrydj avatar
Vespa GTS Super 300ie
UTC quote
I came home really late from work tonight (8:30pm), and decided to take common way home over a hill rise.

I quickly came into fog that was PEA SOUP. Gray pea soup, in fact. I had difficulty in seeing even the edges of the road. It totally weirded me out, but I kept my cool, rode slow, an sensed the rode since I have taken it home countless times. Even then, I migrated into a left turn lane I didn't even know. I let a car pass me, and then it was easy to follow.

I'm wondering if my low beams are set too high for fog. I have a GT. Has anyone run into this problem?
@hayes avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2005 vespa px125 (sold) + 1998 Yamaha XJ600N

Molto Verboso
@hayes avatar
2005 vespa px125 (sold) + 1998 Yamaha XJ600N
UTC quote
Had the same yesterday morning. Driving to work trough really dense fog. I wore a reflective vest for the first time. Thing is that a lot of cars don't really slow down.

The biggest problem was that my visor was really dirty. The air quality in Belgium has been really bad lately because of weather conditions. My visor not only was wet, but it was just dirty. I had to open my visor which caused my eyes to tear all the way. When I looked into a mirror at work, where my visor goes, my skin was red from the freezing cold.

Not my best ride Laughing emoticon
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
UTC quote
Yep, sure have. I don't think there's a solution there (with regards to the low beams). I suspect it would be the same on pretty much any two-wheel type vehicle, but I'm just guessing.

Scary, for sure.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0419s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0149s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]