OP
UTC

2016 BV 350

2016 BV 350
UTC quote
The wrench that is provided in the tool kit can't turn the right rear shock,because there is not enough room.Do I need to take off the muffler?
Has anyone taken their seat apart and reshaped it in any way? The reason I ask is because I find the seat is destroying my backside,it's like sitting on a cinderblock.
I don't want to buy a new seat.I had a vstrom seat worked on by Spenser Seats in Fla a few years ago and was very pleased with the low price and excellent results. Unfortunately,Spenser will not work on scooter seats.
Can anybody help me with these two issues?
Many Thanks,
Jerry
@14perry avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
MP3 400 / BV250

Ossessionato
@14perry avatar
MP3 400 / BV250
UTC quote
Hard to beat the Shad seat for the 250 / 400's at $400.
http://www.shadonline.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SHV0M2120
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain

Molto Verboso
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC quote
Re: Adjusting preload on mp3 250 and seat question
Gme wrote:
The wrench that is provided in the tool kit can't turn the right rear shock,because there is not enough room.Do I need to take off the muffler?
Yes it can - it isn't easy, but be persistent. Be sure bike is on center stand. Use a pair of channel locks or vise grips to hold the tool and you'll be able tomove the tool. No need to remove muffler.
@burton avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
MP3 500 - Black Widow ---- MP3 400 - Silver Surfer ---- MP3 250 - Grey Wind

Enthusiast
@burton avatar
MP3 500 - Black Widow ---- MP3 400 - Silver Surfer ---- MP3 250 - Grey Wind
UTC quote
In my experience, YMMV, the muffler must come loose on the 250. There's plenty of clearance on the 500, a little less on the 400, and simply not enough on the 250. It took me about 5 minutes to unbolt the muffler, pull it away from the shock (didn't remove the whole thing) and ensured no busted knuckles or damaged parts.
UTC

Addicted
2007 MP3 250(retired) C650GT

Addicted
2007 MP3 250(retired) C650GT
UTC quote
Burton wrote:
In my experience, YMMV, the muffler must come loose on the 250. There's plenty of clearance on the 500, a little less on the 400, and simply not enough on the 250. It took me about 5 minutes to unbolt the muffler, pull it away from the shock (didn't remove the whole thing) and ensured no busted knuckles or damaged parts.
I got mine on the third notch, because I couldn't get to the fourth one, without moving the muffler. Seems OK, so there it stays.
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC quote
For the record, I've owned both a 250 and 500 and was able to adjust shock load on both, without removing the muffler.

Again, it isn't easy, but can be done. MUCH easier with a pair of channel locks to manipulate the tool.
@klaborde avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie

Ossessionato
@klaborde avatar
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
UTC quote
Re: Adjusting preload on mp3 250 and seat question
Gme wrote:
Has anyone taken their seat apart and reshaped it in any way? The reason I ask is because I find the seat is destroying my backside,it's like sitting on a cinderblock.
I don't want to buy a new seat.I had a vstrom seat worked on by Spenser Seats in Fla a few years ago and was very pleased with the low price and excellent results. Unfortunately,Spenser will not work on scooter seats.
Can anybody help me with these two issues?
Many Thanks,
Jerry
I purchased a Used MP3 Seat on Ebay.com for around $75 I think it was.
Sent it to Pirates Upholstery and had them lower it, and rebuild with Waterproof Leather.

It looks exactly like the stock one, but a completely different feel.
These guys do wonderful work. Plus, I still have my original stock seat to put back on if I ever sell the bike.

Since this work was done, I also sent them my GTS Seat and Back Rest for re-work. They can also add a heater to the seat if you want while they have it.

As far as the shock adjustment, I don't have any problems using the tool.
But... I have the LeoVince L4 now, so maybe the stock one gets in the way.

Keith,
Marietta, GA
OP
UTC

2016 BV 350

2016 BV 350
UTC quote
Thanks On the pre load issue
With some grunting,a little wd40 I was able to move the adjusters.
Thanks to all,
Jerry
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0591s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0298s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]