@srplus avatar
UTC

Lurker
2007 LX 50

Lurker
@srplus avatar
2007 LX 50
UTC quote
My Lx 50 was stolen out of my driveway. Apparently the lock on the steering column is no deterrent. Police officer that my wife spoke to said 7 to 10 scooters were being stolen a week in Tallahassee, FL. I know a total of seven ppl who own scooters. Three of us have had our scooter stolen. Not very good odds.

A Sheriff's Deputy saw my scoot out on the road and chased the perp with his K-9 Unit until the kid tried to take to the woods and snagged the front fender on a wire fence. He abandoned my Vespa and the LEO got the dog outta his cruiser and began to pursue but lost the track.

Now I have a couple of problems including a scratched and dented scoot with a bunch of broken and missing parts. Crying or Very sad emoticon

I managed through an act of God to get my local Vespa Dealer to order many of the parts I needed. Helping him find the part numbers in his own online catalog was most difficult since he did not even show a part number for an ignition switch for the LX 50. I went online and found it and then it was ordered.

However, my main problem now is finding the plug from the wiring harness that will plug into the switch. I cannot find a part number for it or a plug anywhere. I could just put some spade connectors on the wires that were cut but also the wiring diagram does not detail the order they go in. I thought the thieves just cut the plug off and left it in the shroud but I removed that and the footrest cover and the plug is nowhere to be found.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE A PLUG FROM A DONOR?

If anyone can show the order of the wires to the plug, a pic of the plastic part or can help in any way I greatly appreciate it. I want to get my Vespa back on the road so they can try to steal it again.

I cannot tell the color of the wires that should go to each connector on the plug from the POOR wiring diagram available. I cannot even determine the color of any of the wires. Crying or Very sad emoticon Of course the wires that are chopped off for the hotwire job they did obviously go to the plug.

Here is a pic of the ignition switch where the plug would snap in:

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/i]
OP
@srplus avatar
UTC

Lurker
2007 LX 50

Lurker
@srplus avatar
2007 LX 50
UTC quote
Can anyone at least post a picture of the wiring connectors to the plug or the ignition switch for an LX 50?
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
The manual does contain this diagram, which should allow you to trace back or buzz out the wires to determine the correct colours. Sorry, can't find a decent LX50 wiring diagram:
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@srplus avatar
UTC

Lurker
2007 LX 50

Lurker
@srplus avatar
2007 LX 50
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
The manual does contain this diagram, which should allow you to trace back or buzz out the wires to determine the correct colours. Sorry, can't find a decent LX50 wiring diagram:
Thanx for at least trying. Somebody has to have removed a horn cover. I am putting a pic of the posts labeled 1 thru 4 following. If Anybody knows what wire goes to what post I have given up trying to find a plastic plug and my local Vespa dealer does not have the info and is NOT going to open up one of the Vespas he is trying to sell.

Please help a NewB. I have put female terminals on the wires and am ready to go as soon as I get a couple of parts from Italy and the UK.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
OP
@srplus avatar
UTC

Lurker
2007 LX 50

Lurker
@srplus avatar
2007 LX 50
UTC quote
I also found a great site for salvage and stolen Vespas for sale:

http://www.carfrom.us/car/search/action/search/?carmake=VESPA

Maybe someone wants to go in on a salvage bike and we can part it out. I have none for sale around here but there are a bunch all around the US.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
You won't get the plug from Piaggio, it's just part of the harness.

As long as you identified which colour wire does what you're golden. It should be very easy by looking at the CDI and regulator, plus noting which wire is permanently at 12V from the battery and which one is permanently connected to frame. Then the regulator wire and the +12V go to positions 1 and 2, and the CDI wire and frame wire go to positions 3 and 4.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0316s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0094s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]