ACF50 and Harley Wax
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Addicted
2018 Vespa 300 GTS Touring
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:53 am quote
I generally use Harley wax on the Vespa 2-3 times a year.
This year I have decided that on the 2018 Vespa I will make sure to be on top of protecting it from any rust/corrosion. TO that effect I got ACF 50 and plan to apply it after I do a thorough cleaning this weekend (weather permitting).
Question I have is do you need to apply a wax coating after ACF50.
Yes some folks would not apply ACF50 to say the cowl and leg shield areas and focus only on the floorboard bottom side. I think I will apply it all over the Vespa except the wheels/brakes, seat, grips and mirror. Is there any value adding wax after applying ACF50?
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:22 am quote
ACF50 Is a great Anti-Corrosion Formula Contains no wax, silicon, Teflon, or water.
Here is how I apply ACF50 on my Vespa and bike.
I carefully apply the fluid to all bolts, nuts, chrome-plated parts, rear shocks, swinging arm, brake calipers, switchgear, and underside of the bike. Leave overnight to allow the ACF-50 to creep into all the nooks and crannies. The following day wipes all the treated areas with the application cloth used previously to remove any excess and spread it further by wiping over the bike.

The only areas I didnít apply it to were the tank, nose fairing and seat hump as these are waxed on a weekly basis. So, you can wax it too if you did not apply ACF50 on these areas.
Ossessionato
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:04 am quote
Attention if used on brake calipers because it could slip into the brake pads, also it could weaken rubber and plastic parts ... not all polymers are the same. Use protective goggles and a paper mask, wash your hands after use, this point i will never tire of repeating it.
Molto Verboso
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:50 am quote

I use it. No, I don't wax over it.
Applied with a clean paint brush and a rag, from a metal bowl. Place all in reseal bag - use again.

O.S.
Vespa LX50
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:27 pm quote
I had not heard of the ACF-50 before thanks I'll try it. I have used their other product called Corrosion Block and it works pretty well in our salty air environment. On the Vespa I rubbed some on the front lower suspension areas that were looking corroded and had good results. Of course time will be the judge!

https://www.learchem.com/products/corrosion-block.html
Addicted
BV 350
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:57 am quote
Might
Might be interested in some of the new 'ceramic' coatings for cars. I've been messing with one the cheaper ones, from Mother's. They claim the more expensive multi-step processes can last several years.

The Mother's product has produced a very nice shine, and continues to be highly water-repellent. One feature is, you can 'stack' layers. Repeated applications, a day or so apart, yield a thicker coating.

I started using it early in the summer, so don't have any long-term experience. I previously used NuFinish, an alleged 'once a year' coating that I used twice a year. The Mother's produces a better shine. And so far seems to last longer.
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1403s ][ Queries: 26 (0.0361s) ][ Debug on ]