Fuel Pump Replacement 2009 250 Super
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
vespa GTS 250ie Super
Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:49 pm quote
My fuel pump finally died on my 2009 250 Super and now its time to replace it. I have the new pump and remember reading step-by-step procedures regarding the replacement. I've searched the forum but came up empty handed...any suggestions as to where I can find it would be greatly appreciated. I've also searched YouTube and all I could find was a video showing the replacement in fast forward. Thanks...it would save me a lot of time.

Randy
Hooked
vespa 300 gts
Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:54 pm quote
Try this mate..http://www.gtsownersclub.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6139
vespa GTS 250ie Super
Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:01 pm quote
Thank-you radicatkid...that is the one I remember.

Also, anyone else with tips or shortcuts would be welcomed...guess I better get started.

BTW...I will need to repair to the glovebox too...I did find the procedures for that task...thanks Jess.

Randy
Veni, Vidi, Posti
BV 350, Aprilia SC 300, LX150ie, Buddy 125
Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:44 pm quote
I believe the 2009 250s were all eligible for the fuel pump "recall". Out of curiosity, why did you not just have a dealer do the replacement?
vespa GTS 250ie Super
Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:18 pm quote
Dooglas wrote:
I believe the 2009 250s were all eligible for the fuel pump "recall". Out of curiosity, why did you not just have a dealer do the replacement?
Yes it a recall item but I enjoy doing my own work...I feel I do a better job and learn my scooter at the same time.

The issue I have now is I did not mark the fuel lines when removed and not sure which line goes to what (LOL). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Its a 50/50 chance it connected the correct way or...

250 fuel lines.JPG

Addicted
GTS 250i.e.
Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:26 pm quote
The two fuel lines do the same thing so i guess it shouldn't matter. The bends in the fuel lines should mean they only connect one way. Be careful with your fuel injector, it,s easy to break the connector off it.
vespa GTS 250ie Super
Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:56 am quote
GTdespatchcourier wrote:
The two fuel lines do the same thing so i guess it shouldn't matter. The bends in the fuel lines should mean they only connect one way. Be careful with your fuel injector, it,s easy to break the connector off it.
Thanks GT...I was thinking it may not matter which line is which since the 250GTS is a two-line system from fuel pump to injector with return back to the tank (pump). The fuel lines connect the same and I could not tell by the bends...it connects easy either way. The only distinction of the two pump connections is a gray and black base quick disconnect ring...in which one identifies the filter side and the other the return.

So given that...it does not matter to the injector which side receives the fuel? Also thanks for the tip regarding the injector connections...sounds like you've been there...

Randy
Hooked
Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:48 am quote
Maybe a picture helps? http://www.vespacrazy.com/index.php/vespa-genuine-parts/vespa-gts-250/vespa-gts-250-2010/supply-system.html It's only a part diagram, so you'll never know for sure.

I'm eager to know what's inside the pump, and what may cause malfunctions. I've heard different point of views, but I think they were a bit illogical. Have you opened the old pump already?
vespa GTS 250ie Super
Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:09 am quote
Thanks Partanen...that is an excellent parts diagram of the fuel system. I have not opened the pump and being electrical I'm not sure if I could see the defective part. If I do I will post what I find out. Thanks again for posting the parts diagram. Sometimes the parts catalog is much more valuable than the service manual! Hope to have this task finished up later today and then I'll start on the glovebox fix along with oil and filter change...I'm ready to ride.
Addicted
GTS 250i.e.
Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:40 am quote
When you drop the tank, be careful not to damage the threads on the filler neck. My mechanics made a mess of mine and had to swap the tank too.
vespa GTS 250ie Super
Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:40 pm quote
Finished the installation of the fuel pump today and everything is working as it should. Now my attention is focused on the glovebox fix and changing the oil filter and fluids. Thanks to everyone that provided input and assistance on the pump replacement.

Randy
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Maroon Powersports LLC DBA Scooter Centrale   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.3392s ][ Queries: 35 (0.0997s) ][ Debug on ]