OP
@af1_racing avatar
UTC

Sponsor

Sponsor
@af1_racing avatar
UTC quote
We have started resetting some immobilzers for lost key situations.

Piaggio, Vespa, Gilera, and Aprilia scooters have used several kinds of immobilizers over the years. Some are in the dash (500s mainly), some are in the ECU (EFI scoots), and some are a seperate box (mainly the carb scoots).

1) If your immobilizer is in the ECU like all the fuel injected scooters, we cant do anything with those currently. We can read the transponder numbers in the ECU, but dont have blank transponder chips to burn that info to. We are working on a solution here. It needs more research work.

2) If your immobilzer is in the dash, no luck there.

***3) If your immobilzer is in a seperate box (small black CDI looking box), we can probably reset it to "new" aka "virgin" where it will learn the next two keys inserted into the lockset.

This beats buying a new "virgin" immobilzer box at over $250. Cost for this "reset" service from us is $100. Get this and a new OEM lockset (2 keys) and you can fix a lost key situation. See notes:

notes: on various models, they have used Magnetti-Marelli branded immobilizers and some have gotten the EFI Technologies brand.

We can reset all the EFI Technologies ones (part # ACII, AC2I, AC5I, AC8I, AC21I, AC23I, AC191, AC201, and AC251) , and only the IM006 Magnetti-Marelli one so far.

We have done some of the other Magnetti-Marelli ones, but would need the whole bike, and some transponder keys that turn the lock. Have to decode the .BIN file and get it to work....takes some trial and error, but we've done a few this way.

For the ones we can do so far, we'd just need the immoblizer box, proof of ownership, and $100 plus return shipping.

If you have any questions, email info@af1racing.com
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
excellent
⬆️    About 2 months elapsed    ⬇️
OP
@af1_racing avatar
UTC

Sponsor

Sponsor
@af1_racing avatar
UTC quote
We can now do some of the EFI scoots, including the later BV500.

We also have a key cloning option coming soon...
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
UTC quote
I have a new bv500 fuel injected, with the separate immobilizer. I would like to get a lockset, keys, and the unit reprogrammed.

What's the turn around?

paul
UTC

UTC
This post was not quite
What we were hoping to see
Try again, perhaps?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0383s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0125s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]