LX150, GTS300, BV350, EN650
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:18 pm quote
Sam's Choice Loaded Potato Skins.
Ossessionato
2017 Vespa GTV 300, 2017 BMW C650GT
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:22 pm quote
tdrake wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Seeing Alec Baldwin perform tonight, should be fun.

https://www.roythomsonhall.com/tickets/alec-baldwin/
Just don't steal his parking place!
Heh... no worries there, it's walking distance from the condo
Molto Verboso
GTS 300 SS.
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:42 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
tdrake wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

How was the show? I see John Cleese will be there in May and lot of tickets already sold as I had a look at the seating and prefer front row if possible. Great that the venue is in walking distance, but a bit far for me to get to.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:49 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:

That ASS isn't getting any of my damn money.
Have you heard the way he talked to his Daughter, calling her a fat pig.
Frickin Father of the year right there. What a total ASSHAT he is!!
Molto Verboso
04 Granturismo- boy thats fun to say
Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:36 pm quote
cdwise wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
Rae wrote:
Dior show at Denver Art Museum. Seriously ridiculous design and detail.
Rae! Good to see you again, I missed you.
Ditto - what ya been up to?
Hi all. Not riding much the last couple years. I check in here periodically. Feels like old friends.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:51 pm quote
Madison Sully wrote:
Rae wrote:
Dior show at Denver Art Museum. Seriously ridiculous design and detail.
Rae! Good to see you again, I missed you.
Yeah! You've been MIA for a while.....
Ossessionato
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:35 am quote
Sledge wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
tdrake wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

How was the show? I see John Cleese will be there in May and lot of tickets already sold as I had a look at the seating and prefer front row if possible. Great that the venue is in walking distance, but a bit far for me to get to.
Show was good, really just a sit down interview that was about an hour and a half long. Some interesting inside baseball type stories and it finished up with talk of his Trump impersonation and his family life.

Wish I was going to the Cleese show but it was sold out by the time I got around to getting tickets. An employee talked my wife in to a company event at the show Sting is putting on in a few months. It can get expensive when they visit her at the office... :-\

Yes, you're a little far to be walking to King St W in Toronto . Both my parents are originally Aussies and I've been there far fewer times than I like.
Ossessionato
Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:44 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't need any of your money.... How's the view from your moral high ground?
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:18 am quote
tdrake wrote:
Larrytsg wrote:
I'm listening to my favorite Christmas album, December by George Winston while my ancient chihuahua snores along.
Fall of 1982 my best bud Ted Corbin and I were in the local, Mt. View CA Tower Records -- fall after high school, depressed, living at home, having recently shaved my head...I was probably looking for the Dead Kennedeys or Black Flag -- and we heard this amazing piano music filling the store....

...so we wandered up front to ask what it was, and there was this "old" bald hippie from Santa Cruz, playing a grand piano. Talked to him for a bit, bought one of his records, called "December", and he offered to give us free sheet music for it....

One of those moments that changed me life.

I usually spin that CD once now, on Christmas morn.
He offered you sheet music? And you didn't take it?????

I have been looking for sheet music for that album for 15 years... it doesn't exist... never been published. Some people have tried to transcribe it from listening to it, but apparently he uses some unconventional techniques to get the sound he wants.

My wife is an accomplished pianist (and has the piano to prove it), and I've wanted nothing more than to listen to her play this.

Yeah, the Jewish kid loves Christmas music!

Though if you want to get technical about it, a good portion of it is just winter/snow music.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:51 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

I'm pretty sure he doesn't need any of your money.... How's the view from your moral high ground?
Real good looking down at that scum bad ass.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:40 am quote
Larrytsg wrote:
tdrake wrote:
Larrytsg wrote:
I'm listening to my favorite Christmas album, December by George Winston while my ancient chihuahua snores along.
Fall of 1982 my best bud Ted Corbin and I were in the local, Mt. View CA Tower Records -- fall after high school, depressed, living at home, having recently shaved my head...I was probably looking for the Dead Kennedeys or Black Flag -- and we heard this amazing piano music filling the store....

...so we wandered up front to ask what it was, and there was this "old" bald hippie from Santa Cruz, playing a grand piano. Talked to him for a bit, bought one of his records, called "December", and he offered to give us free sheet music for it....

One of those moments that changed me life.

I usually spin that CD once now, on Christmas morn.
He offered you sheet music? And you didn't take it?????

I have been looking for sheet music for that album for 15 years... it doesn't exist... never been published. Some people have tried to transcribe it from listening to it, but apparently he uses some unconventional techniques to get the sound he wants.

My wife is an accomplished pianist (and has the piano to prove it), and I've wanted nothing more than to listen to her play this.

Yeah, the Jewish kid loves Christmas music!

Though if you want to get technical about it, a good portion of it is just winter/snow music.
Heh: imagine two 18 year old punks in a record store, staring at some old hippy (no doubt he was 20 years younger than I am now! ) who's trying to pawn off his scribbles.

Gotta admit it was Michael Hedges, tho, who really blew my mind and for years was my idol. ...a girlfriend dragged me to see him at the Stanford coffee shop (just some dude playing for free) and then he'd play for free at the Varsity Theater, downtown Palo Alto, where we punks would convene to watch arty movies. Punk-mods on Vespas!!

...about a year later I dropped outta college and worked for a house-painter and we painted said Varsity Theater, and Hedges would come in to set up, so we got to be on a "hello" basis around town.

Really loved that dude and no doubt he's partially to blame for my growing out my punk shaved head and becoming a drop-out-hippie-guitar-player-wanna-be.

When I hit 50 about 5 years ago I decided it was now or never to a) ride a motorcycle again and b) learn how to play piano.

Done and done! But I still can't read a note of music.

Last edited by tdrake on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:42 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
tdrake wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

Show was good, really just a sit down interview that was about an hour and a half long. Some interesting inside baseball type stories and it finished up with talk of his Trump impersonation and his family life.

Wish I was going to the Cleese show but it was sold out by the time I got around to getting tickets. An employee talked my wife in to a company event at the show Sting is putting on in a few months. It can get expensive when they visit her at the office... :-\

Yes, you're a little far to be walking to King St W in Toronto . Both my parents are originally Aussies and I've been there far fewer times than I like.
He's a great interview. Bright and witty as hell and incredible impersonations.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/31/643652727/alec-baldwin-on-career-highs-and-lows-and-playing-a-larger-than-life-trump
Ossessionato
Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:07 am quote
Alec Baldwin kills me on SNL with his Trump impersonations. Great talent.
Ossessionato
Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:02 am quote
tdrake wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Sledge wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
tdrake wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

He's a great interview. Bright and witty as hell and incredible impersonations.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/31/643652727/alec-baldwin-on-career-highs-and-lows-and-playing-a-larger-than-life-trump
Thanks!

I see Web-techs high ground includes giving me a thumbs down. Good thing he doesn't read my emails for a living as his sig says. Actually my IT company manages IT for a few law firms among many other professional businesses and if I found out an employee was randomly reading emails I would terminate them without a second thought.

Again thanks for the link Thumbs up!
Rocket Man
GTS 300 ABS ‘Drake', GTS 250 (sold), LX 150 and Delta IV rocket. ( Retired. Not my problem anymore)
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:24 pm quote
A “Major Award”
Just finished up on my home Christmas decorating. Whew, that was tough. Time for some of my Christmas spirit.

8B870FFF-3DFD-4798-9083-43F68F290F24.jpeg

Ossessionato
Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:23 pm quote
Classic.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:15 am quote
Damn, that's both festive and awesome!

Your neighbors gotta love you!

Last edited by fledermaus on Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Addicted
GTS 300
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:24 am quote
T – time 08:20 ~ 49ºF finish 18th ~ 68ºF.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:50 am quote
The anticipation to see Bohemian Rhapsody.

A while back I sent to my half-sister the double feature 20th Anniversary of Freddie's passing in London. And my half sister and nieces decided to compete among us who would be the first to see it. I lost it . I haven't seem it yet! But it still amuses me when I see each one of them posing taking selfies with the poster!

Note: Sorry about the word salad, not que myself anymore.
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:15 am quote
Max6200 wrote:
The anticipation to see Bohemian Rhapsody.

A while back I sent to my half-sister the double feature 20th Anniversary of Freddie's passing in London. And my half sister and nieces decided to compete among us who would be the first to see it. I lost it . I haven't seem it yet! But it still amuses me when I see each one of them posing taking selfies with the poster!

Note: Sorry about the word salad, not que myself anymore.
Haven't seen it yet but what cheers me up is the number of my students who a) have b) like it and c) thus simply either now or therefor must know who Freddie Mercury is which suggests d) they actually know what real, not computerized music sounds like.
Ossessionato
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:37 am quote
Coffee...
Rocket Man
GTS 300 ABS ‘Drake', GTS 250 (sold), LX 150 and Delta IV rocket. ( Retired. Not my problem anymore)
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:43 am quote
fledermaus wrote:

It’s a fragile subject.
Ossessionato
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:46 am quote
flordian wrote:
fledermaus wrote:

It’s a fragile subject.
Don't you mean frah-gee-lay?
Ossessionato
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2010 Can Am Spyder RT-S, 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:35 pm quote
I went for a ride today!

First one in almost a month, I think.

Combination of being busy, and just sort of a crap month.

Anyway, not too cold out so I went to run some 'errands' while my wife put the tree together.

I forgot to get her frozen custard though.... Still some sun left....
Ossessionato
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:38 pm quote
Madison Sully wrote:
I went for a ride today!

Anyway, not too cold out so I went to run some 'errands' while my wife put the tree together.

How cold out today in the Great White North?
Ossessionato
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2010 Can Am Spyder RT-S, 2012 Honda NC700 DCT
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:42 pm quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
Madison Sully wrote:
I went for a ride today!

How cold out today in the Great White North?
Mid-20's in the 'F' scale. No snow, and none recently enough to have any ice or even salt on the roads.
Ossessionato
BV350, Yamaha Zuma 125, Yamaha FZ6, Toro 3521
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:05 pm quote
Cheered me up...a snowman leading a snow dog. Made of real snow, not one of those plastic blow-mold things. When it's too cold to ride it's good to see that at least someone is having fun with the snow! Too bad I was driving by and didn't get a chance to take a picture.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:18 am quote
Re: A “Major Award”
flordian wrote:
Just finished up on my home Christmas decorating. Whew, that was tough. Time for some of my Christmas spirit.
The Major Award was broken before Ralphy got his Red Rider BB Gun though.
Ossessionato
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:02 am quote
The Christmas tree, always makes me feel happy and more importantly my wife loves having a real tree every year.

IMG_1562.jpeg

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_1546.jpeg

Hooked
Bv350, aprillia scarabeo light. 500.
Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:19 am quote
Beautiful, have a merry christmas!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:23 pm quote
I somehow managed to lose my everyday key set for the Vespa this fall (probably when riding my other scooter, or I would have noticed right away).

I Expected I'd send away the master key to get another made this winter, but it's a bit pricey and complicated.....

We have a locksmith in town who already did a great job fixing the lock in my office door a couple of years back. Never met the guy as I was out of town at the time. Sooo, decided it was a long shot, but maybe he could have a shot at my keys, especially the topcase one. Nothing to lose....

Stopped in, showed him the keys. Turns out he has an older Vespa himself. Told me that if I brought the blank, he could cut the Vespa key. Woot! Took a look at the topcase key, walked to his blank rack, went to another rack further back, and was expecting him to give me a verdict. Next thing I knew he'd cut the spare and handed it to me.

Guy puts off a really professional and competent vibe, so I'm pretty optimistic we can get the job done. Glad to support this guy.

I'll let you know how it works out....
Ossessionato
2010 BV TOURER 500ie
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:06 pm quote
Harbinger wrote:
The Christmas tree, always makes me feel happy and more importantly my wife loves having a real tree every year.
Lovely tree. Looks like you will Have a nice Christmas.

Real trees have a certain charm and the aroma is wonderful. Enjoy.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:37 am quote
The anticipation that my LX 50 crash bars will arrive fon Monday and my new fly screen.

I've already removed the reflectors on the side.
Molto Verboso
Triumph Street Scrambler 2018, Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:01 am quote
What's cheering me up today, is that I read the "what's pissing you up today" thread, which I seldom do. Doing this, I realized I'm seldom pissed up - and this cheered me up

Last edited by RRider on Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Molto Verboso
Triumph Street Scrambler 2018, Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:09 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
That's a festive looking beauty!

I'm with you here and I actually really like a real tree myself.
I know the reason for this too - brings me straight back to my early childhood.

My grandparents used to have real candles in the Christmas tree, as it used to be in the old days.

When the adults did their Christmas preparations, I got the huge responsibility to look after the candles. It was like magic, to stare the tree with all the decorations and candles....and feeling the anticipation of Christmas - as a kid do.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:35 am quote
Real trees are better for the environment too and produce jobs too.
Ossessionato
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:37 am quote
Yeah I remember candles in the tree. I dated a Swiss girl for a long time and her parents were very traditional. Pretty but not something you leave unattended! Very much like my girlfriend at the time
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:44 am quote
Smile every time I see our front yard with my Christmas inflatables.

IMG_20181212_133815.jpg
The Dragon and 10' Minoan are my favorite.

Hooked
Bv350, aprillia scarabeo light. 500.
Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:27 am quote
Now thats cool!!
Ossessionato
Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:35 am quote
Of course a Christmas tree isn't complete without gifts underneath . Getting my wife pretty things makes me almost as happy as buying things for the 2-wheeled ladies in my life

IMG_1571.jpeg

Missouri Loves Company Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...343536Next
[ Time: 0.3564s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0705s) ][ Debug on ]