NSR What's cheering you up today?
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...4142434445Next
Author Message
Lurker
2005 ET4
Joined: 06 Jul 2019
Posts: 2
Location: Seattle
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:11 pm quote
Just got my first Vespa! 2005 ET4. Picking it up Saturday and I can't wait to take it for a spin.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX150, GTS300, BV350, EN650, FXDF
Joined: 26 Jul 2017
Posts: 5239
Location: Home of the Alamo
Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:12 pm quote
Just returned from a week at a BSA summer camp here in Texas. Was REALLY hot only one day, no one got hurt, and watched a lot of underprivileged boys learn a lot of self-esteem building skills.

Now it's back to work. Oh yeah, this is the happy thread. Scratch that.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190
Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 5791
Location: New Zealand
Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:15 pm quote
Jet Peddler wrote:
Just returned from a week at a BSA summer camp here in Texas. Was REALLY hot only one day, no one got hurt, and watched a lot of underprivileged boys learn a lot of self-esteem building skills.
Is there a scooter badge?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7225
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:01 am quote
After 2 hours, got the new rear tire on the MP3 to take air and got the bead seated.
The final resolution was to put it back on the tire changer, spray the rim and tire down with lube and use the bear breaker to push the tire bead over the seat on the rim so the tire would be over the hole for the air fill valve.

Been changing tires for over 40 years and never had this much problem getting a tire to take air.

Oh, and put 2,500 miles on the MP3 500 in just over a month.
Man I love riding this thing.
Ossessionato
Vespa GTS 'Ruby Roo'
Joined: 24 Nov 2011
Posts: 3097
Location: London UK
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:40 am quote
This bombing it along the M25 at Chobham today

IMG-20190714-WA0000.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5368
Location: Downtown Toronto
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:46 am quote
ashbrook wrote:
This bombing it along the M25 at Chobham today
Awesome pic!
Hooked
Vespa GTS 150 3v SUPER. Vespa V100 x 1. Lambretta Li150 x 1. Px 125 x 2. Px 200 x 1 (red bull special) T5 Classic x 1. Vespa Cosa x 2.CF moto 650mt
Joined: 31 May 2015
Posts: 333
Location: Perth Australia
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:48 am quote
My internal affairs dept are being investigated by another load of investigators. About time. I would love nothing more than to see these corrupt people being locked up. What goes around comes around. Hoorah you fu....😁
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7225
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:16 am quote
It is only one security guard and myself in the data center today. No facilities people onsite today in this building. Oh guess that makes me facilities too
So they left the gypsies in the palace
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVRN2DcQHFo
Addicted
Vespa PX 177 Settantesimo
Joined: 01 Feb 2017
Posts: 608
Location: Norf Wheezy
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:37 am quote
England winning the Cricket World Cup.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5368
Location: Downtown Toronto
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:42 am quote
johnymoore wrote:
England winning the Cricket World Cup.
It's like the condolence prize for loosing the women's World Cup

Still, congrats! I know cricket is a huge sport in many places. Here not so much.... however I'm sure you could care less about ice hockey so it all works out
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7225
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:58 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
johnymoore wrote:
England winning the Cricket World Cup.
It's like the condolence prize for loosing the women's World Cup

Still, congrats! I know cricket is a huge sport in many places. Here not so much.... however I'm sure you could care less about ice hockey so it all works out
Hell, I am in the US and could give a crap about Hockey. Well unless the Caps are ROCKING THE RED and kicking some Maples Leafs ASS !! hehehe
MV Santa
GTS250, 1960 VBA, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 4177
Location: Sedgwick, Kansas
Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:30 pm quote
For those of you unaware, I broke my calcaneus (heel bone) on March 19th. Almost four months ago.

I haven't walked since then. I haven't ridden since last year.

Today I took my first steps without crutches or any other assisting device. My physical therapist will be proud when I see him Wednesday.

There is still a long way to go but I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully, I will get a few weeke riding in this year.
Hooked
Vespa GTS 150 3v SUPER. Vespa V100 x 1. Lambretta Li150 x 1. Px 125 x 2. Px 200 x 1 (red bull special) T5 Classic x 1. Vespa Cosa x 2.CF moto 650mt
Joined: 31 May 2015
Posts: 333
Location: Perth Australia
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:44 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
johnymoore wrote:
England winning the Cricket World Cup.
It's like the condolence prize for loosing the women's World Cup

Still, congrats! I know cricket is a huge sport in many places. Here not so much.... however I'm sure you could care less about ice hockey so it all works out
Ossessionato
2020 MP3 Sport 500 HPE ABS ASR
Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 3921
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora Reina de los Ángeles sobre el Río Porciúncula
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:45 am quote
vintage red matthew wrote:
For those of you unaware, I broke my calcaneus (heel bone) on March 19th. Almost four months ago.

I haven't walked since then. I haven't ridden since last year.

Today I took my first steps without crutches or any other assisting device. My physical therapist will be proud when I see him Wednesday.

There is still a long way to go but I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

Hopefully, I will get a few weeks riding in this year.
Hi Matthew,

Congratulations!

It took me 12 weeks to be able to walk on mine. I guess I was doing better than I thought. I didn't ride again for six and a half months, but that was partly psychological.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7225
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:02 am quote
Dang guys, heel takes longer to heal then torn quadriceps tendon. I was only down 3.5 months and was riding sooner.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8632
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:45 am quote
vintage red matthew wrote:
For those of you unaware, I broke my calcaneus (heel bone) on March 19th. Almost four months ago.

I haven't walked since then. I haven't ridden since last year.

Today I took my first steps without crutches or any other assisting device. My physical therapist will be proud when I see him Wednesday.

There is still a long way to go but I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.


Feels great to stand on your own, doesn't it?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5368
Location: Downtown Toronto
Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:50 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
johnymoore wrote:
England winning the Cricket World Cup.
It's like the condolence prize for loosing the women's World Cup

Still, congrats! I know cricket is a huge sport in many places. Here not so much.... however I'm sure you could care less about ice hockey so it all works out
Hell, I am in the US and could give a crap about Hockey. Well unless the Caps are ROCKING THE RED and kicking some Maples Leafs ASS !! hehehe
That's fine and I'm not a Leafs fan ;-p
Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
Joined: 20 Feb 2009
Posts: 1891
Location: Brentwood, TN
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:04 am quote
College football media days this week. Games only 6 weeks away.
Addicted
GTS 300 Super
Joined: 13 Sep 2017
Posts: 841
Location: West Sacramento, CA
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:12 am quote
Summer Vacation: Cabo San Lucas in 4 days!!!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7225
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:17 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
johnymoore wrote:
England winning the Cricket World Cup.
It's like the condolence prize for loosing the women's World Cup

Still, congrats! I know cricket is a huge sport in many places. Here not so much.... however I'm sure you could care less about ice hockey so it all works out
Hell, I am in the US and could give a crap about Hockey. Well unless the Caps are ROCKING THE RED and kicking some Maples Leafs ASS !! hehehe
That's fine and I'm not a Leafs fan ;-p



When I lived in Maryland in the mid 80's I was only about 10-15 minutes from the Capital Center where the caps played and Raytheon (my employer at the time) had season tickets, I was a big fan back then.
If sales dept was not using the ticket they would call and see if I wanted them for the night
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5368
Location: Downtown Toronto
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:57 am quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
johnymoore wrote:
England winning the Cricket World Cup.
It's like the condolence prize for loosing the women's World Cup

Still, congrats! I know cricket is a huge sport in many places. Here not so much.... however I'm sure you could care less about ice hockey so it all works out
Hell, I am in the US and could give a crap about Hockey. Well unless the Caps are ROCKING THE RED and kicking some Maples Leafs ASS !! hehehe
That's fine and I'm not a Leafs fan ;-p



When I lived in Maryland in the mid 80's I was only about 10-15 minutes from the Capital Center where the caps played and Raytheon (my employer at the time) had season tickets, I was a big fan back then.
If sales dept was not using the ticket they would call and see if I wanted them for the night
I grew up and played hockey in Montreal including in the QMJHL (one step below NHL, Whalers farm team). My FIL however was the better hockey player, that is him on the left.

*EDIT* Seeing as how this is the happy thread here is another cute picture. Here he is a little older and my wife is seeing from the left. At that point he was a police chief (chief detective).

thumb_IMGP0149.JPG_1024 2.jpg

IMG_2428.jpeg

MV Santa
GTS250, 1960 VBA, 1975 VBC, 1980 P200E cutdown
Joined: 04 May 2010
Posts: 4177
Location: Sedgwick, Kansas
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:09 pm quote
fledermaus wrote:
vintage red matthew wrote:
For those of you unaware, I broke my calcaneus (heel bone) on March 19th. Almost four months ago.

I haven't walked since then. I haven't ridden since last year.

Today I took my first steps without crutches or any other assisting device. My physical therapist will be proud when I see him Wednesday.

There is still a long way to go but I am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.


Feels great to stand on your own, doesn't it?
It certainly does but I don't want you to get the idea that I am back on my feet for good. I have good days and bad days. Yesterday was a good day and I was able to walk unassisted for about 100 feet. Today wasn't really a bad day but not good enough for any more walking.

Having said that it did feel good and I know that I will get there.
Molto Verboso
Xmax 300
Joined: 02 Jul 2016
Posts: 1294
Location: Adelaide
Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:28 pm quote
Australian scooter club makes the news ( in a good way).

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-18/scooter-riders-happy-to-stay-in-the-slow-lane/11317136
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5368
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:18 pm quote
Bought the new 2019 15" MBP this weekend and after playing with/using it it for a few days I have to say I like it! Fastest Mac notebook I've had by far.

I always do a clean instal and migrate very little over so it can take me a bit to set everything up the way I want it. IMHO the Cloud isn't quite there yet but much of the syncing technology and password management software has made the move to new hardware much easier than it used to be.
Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
Joined: 20 Feb 2009
Posts: 1891
Location: Brentwood, TN
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:57 pm quote
Why would you buy a perfectly good computer and then modify its performance. Wait, never mind.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8632
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:55 am quote
Beat the storm....sort of
Took the scooter uptown today to buy a few things, hit the farmer's market and get some vacuum cleaner parts. I knew storms were coming, but it didn't look all that threatening. Mrs. fledermaus called me just as I was leaving the farmer's market, suggesting I abort and come home. Storm was in the north, I was eventually heading south.

Decided to go for it, bought my parts and headed off-a bit peeved
'cause the shopkeeper kept making jokes despite me making it clear I wanted to rush off. By the time I headed down the street, leaves were being blown off the trees. Turned south on the highway and opened up the throttle racing the clouds...which by then were starting to open up on me anyway. Worse than the rain was the wind....some nice crosswind gusts near the end that sharpened my wits and slowed me down a bit.

Got home without getting soaked, and though a minute or two sooner would have been better, I'm safe and sound. And Mrs. f was kind enough to have the garage door open for me.
Ossessionato
GTS 300 70th Anniversary
Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Posts: 3306
Location: Bromsgrove, UK
Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:26 pm quote
BOAC liveried 747 and the Red Arrows.

9269F076-C2C3-4C50-AD24-2FFFEBF9AFD4.jpeg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7225
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:43 am quote
Got my old parking spot back at work. Had an ass for a security director for a while and I couldn't park my scooter at the loading dock.
He said I had to be in a parking spot.
Now have a new security director, she's from India. She asked me why my scooter was taking up a parking spot? 😄
Said I should park it by the loading dock out of the way And it would be in the shade then
I told her I totally agree with her and the smart she was.

IMG_20190721_102900.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5368
Location: Downtown Toronto
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:03 pm quote
Having a long week for various reasons but went to St Lawrence Market and my favourite grocer downstairs had these in stock. Pretty rare and now I'm just deciding what to make with them.

IMG_2474.jpeg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350
Joined: 13 Oct 2012
Posts: 7225
Location: Ashburn, Va. Home to the Internet
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:59 pm quote
Shriveled up potatoes?
Not a clue what those are.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8632
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:10 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
Having a long week for various reasons but went to St Lawrence Market and my favourite grocer downstairs had these in stock. Pretty rare and now I'm just deciding what to make with them.
Truffles?
Moto Giro Titan
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red
Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 2494
Location: Carrollton, Kentucky
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:05 am quote
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
johnymoore wrote:
England winning the Cricket World Cup.
It's like the condolence prize for loosing the women's World Cup

Still, congrats! I know cricket is a huge sport in many places. Here not so much.... however I'm sure you could care less about ice hockey so it all works out
Hell, I am in the US and could give a crap about Hockey. Well unless the Caps are ROCKING THE RED and kicking some Maples Leafs ASS !! hehehe
That's fine and I'm not a Leafs fan ;-p



When I lived in Maryland in the mid 80's I was only about 10-15 minutes from the Capital Center where the caps played and Raytheon (my employer at the time) had season tickets, I was a big fan back then.
If sales dept was not using the ticket they would call and see if I wanted them for the night
I grew up and played hockey in Montreal including in the QMJHL (one step below NHL, Whalers farm team). My FIL however was the better hockey player, that is him on the left.

*EDIT* Seeing as how this is the happy thread here is another cute picture. Here he is a little older and my wife is seeing from the left. At that point he was a police chief (chief detective).
Is that you in the jorts?
Moto Giro Titan
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red
Joined: 04 Feb 2009
Posts: 2494
Location: Carrollton, Kentucky
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:10 am quote
I am cheered by my wife's planning a December trip to Thailand. Our son and his wife and two kids are moving to Chicago in November, so we will head up there for Thanksgiving, which is late this year, then head out for SE Asia on Dec 2. Oh, also, the second grandchild is scheduled to arrive in late August. That's pretty cool too.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Joined: 13 Sep 2012
Posts: 8632
Location: Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:51 am quote
wmak wrote:
I am cheered by my wife's planning a December trip to Thailand. Our son and his wife and two kids are moving to Chicago in November, so we will head up there for Thanksgiving, which is late this year, then head out for SE Asia on Dec 2. Oh, also, the second grandchild is scheduled to arrive in late August. That's pretty cool too.
That's a whole lotta cool!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5368
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:44 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
Having a long week for various reasons but went to St Lawrence Market and my favourite grocer downstairs had these in stock. Pretty rare and now I'm just deciding what to make with them.
Truffles?
Close but nope. Fresh porcini mushrooms.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5368
Location: Downtown Toronto
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:59 am quote
wmak wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
Harbinger wrote:
johnymoore wrote:
England winning the Cricket World Cup.
It's like the condolence prize for loosing the women's World Cup

Still, congrats! I know cricket is a huge sport in many places. Here not so much.... however I'm sure you could care less about ice hockey so it all works out
Hell, I am in the US and could give a crap about Hockey. Well unless the Caps are ROCKING THE RED and kicking some Maples Leafs ASS !! hehehe
That's fine and I'm not a Leafs fan ;-p



When I lived in Maryland in the mid 80's I was only about 10-15 minutes from the Capital Center where the caps played and Raytheon (my employer at the time) had season tickets, I was a big fan back then.
If sales dept was not using the ticket they would call and see if I wanted them for the night
I grew up and played hockey in Montreal including in the QMJHL (one step below NHL, Whalers farm team). My FIL however was the better hockey player, that is him on the left.

*EDIT* Seeing as how this is the happy thread here is another cute picture. Here he is a little older and my wife is seeing from the left. At that point he was a police chief (chief detective).
Is that you in the jorts?
Nah, that's my BIL. He went on to be the Chief Fire Inspector. Funny how serving the public seems to run in families.
Ossessionato
2010 PIAGGIO BV 500ie Tourer
Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 4619
Location: Lakeshore, ON, CANADA-Capestang,FR
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:10 am quote
Woke up this A.M. on the green side of the sod, always a good position.

Checked the guy in the bathroom mirror against my driver's licence and they matched.

That clinched my decision to jump on the BV500 and head for London, to Hully Gully to look at some toys. Some tempting goodies tickled my fancy.
Now just a matter of checking the vault.

Last edited by EN82pg on Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Hooked
2015 Vespa GTS300 Super
Joined: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 223
Location: Connecticut
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:17 pm quote
The helpful folks on the Modern Vespa forum, who have been helping me with an intermittent starting issue for over a year. I think it is almost fixed!
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Joined: 06 Jun 2013
Posts: 2747
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:47 am quote
Minnesota's Hands-Free law went into effect August 1. Since then I've seen significantly fewer drivers playing with their phones instead of watching the road. Hopefully this trend will continue.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Modded Vespa 2017 GTV 300, BMW 2017 C650GT, Ural 2019 Gear Up
Joined: 21 May 2017
Posts: 5368
Location: Downtown Toronto
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:55 am quote
I guess I’m happy that I’m on vacation so that’s cheering me up. Getting caught in the pouring rain on the highway while my rain gear is strapped to the floor rack maybe not so much. I’m currently nursing one small pint while I dry off. No point in putting my rain pants on as I’m soaked already but the jacket I can toss on.

93EA3D43-CFC7-45F6-A5D5-6F9ECEC227A0.jpeg

Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...4142434445Next
[ Time: 0.5242s ][ Queries: 25 (0.2780s) ][ Debug on ]