NSR What's cheering you up today?
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...5354555657Next
Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 LX150 2015 GTS 2013 BV 350
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:32 pm quote
Dunno, guess it's from getting into Ken Burns' Country Music documentary, but I keep thinking of this Possum:

Possum.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:55 pm quote
Enjoying some Facebook music streaming. Seems new to me, at least in the sense of being Corona-quarantine inspired. Kinda cool, like sitting in the living room with them.... in this case, Richard Thompson. Lovely listening to music in it's raw form. I was first upset that I'd missed to live performance, but heck, it's recorded, so no big loss.

Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/RichardThompsonMusic/videos/144162387012169

Richard is fortunate enough to take the time off, but there are a lot of newer, less known musicians going through some tough times with cancelled concerts and gigs. Streaming is a great way to keep performing, and for appreciative fans to drop a few coins in the tip jar. I first became aware of this as a fan of the roots/country performer, Dori Freeman, who has also done a couple of streaming events.

https://www.facebook.com/dorifreemanmusic

I'm sure there's a lot more out there!
Moto Giro Titan
2009 GTS 250 Super Lucrezia Borgia, 2013 Ducati Hyperstrada, Little Big Red,2020 Zero SR/S, Zeus, Electric Dragon
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:02 am quote
We've been hanging out with our grandson, who lives with his parents 300 mi distant. We had planned to attend his birthday party a couple of weeks ago, but due to the pandemic, we've been staying home. Anyway, we read a few stories, sing a few songs, and catch up with the news from the perspective of a four year old. It's kept us reasonably sane.
Love to all y'all, keep the chins up, and follow the social distancing protocols, this won't last forever.

Peace,

Warren
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:03 pm quote
Pussy is practising Social Distancing on the dining table.

received_2563152600590743.jpeg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:33 pm quote
I went for a ride today.

Took my wife's Buddy 125 out for a few miles.
Call it a test ride to see how much more POWER was added with the new air filter.

Chilly.
Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:29 am quote
I got a kick out of this. Not "dumb as a bag of hammers", this is art!

Screenshot_2020-04-01 $10 bag of hammers - tools - by owner - sale.png

Screenshot_2020-04-01 $10 bag of hammers - tools - by owner - sale(1).png

Screenshot_2020-04-01 $10 bag of hammers - tools - by owner - sale(2).png

Screenshot_2020-04-01 $10 bag of hammers - tools - by owner - sale(3).png

Screenshot_2020-04-01 $10 bag of hammers - tools - by owner - sale(4).png

Screenshot_2020-04-01 $10 bag of hammers - tools - by owner - sale(5).png

Screenshot_2020-04-01 $10 bag of hammers - tools - by owner - sale(6).png

Screenshot_2020-04-01 $10 bag of hammers - tools - by owner - sale(7).png

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:55 am quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
I got a kick out of this. Not "dumb as a bag of hammers", this is art!
Love it!

"And they've never been more affordable!"
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:03 am quote
fledermaus wrote:
Enjoying some Facebook music streaming. Seems new to me, at least in the sense of being Corona-quarantine inspired. Kinda cool, like sitting in the living room with them.... in this case, Richard Thompson. Lovely listening to music in it's raw form. I was first upset that I'd missed to live performance, but heck, it's recorded, so no big loss.

Enjoy!

Richard is fortunate enough to take the time off, but there are a lot of newer, less known musicians going through some tough times with cancelled concerts and gigs. Streaming is a great way to keep performing, and for appreciative fans to drop a few coins in the tip jar. I first became aware of this as a fan of the roots/country performer, Dori Freeman, who has also done a couple of streaming events.

I love how amateurish and rough that RT video is, and how he simply looks like a discombobulated old man...until he starts to play, and then he's his normal, charming, brilliant self.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:55 am quote
tdrake wrote:
fledermaus wrote:

Enjoy!

I love how amateurish and rough that RT video is, and how he simply looks like a discombobulated old man...until he starts to play, and then he's his normal, charming, brilliant self.
Especially when he's weirded out about performing alone in front of the camera.....My wife is doing videos from home for her job in the Children's Dept in the library...and she can relate.

I think we tend to forget how processed our diet of entertainment is these days. I was just watching a John Prine video of a performance when he did a great acoustic intro to his song, started singing, stopped and said "I just screwed up!" and started over...
Veni, Vidi, Posti
MP3 500, GTS 250 (both 2008 MY), 2012 Honda NC700 DCT, 2014 Can Am Spyder RT
Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:00 pm quote
Open
The windows in my house are open this afternoon.

Oh, it's nice to have fresh air!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:25 pm quote
Re: Open
Madison Sully wrote:
The windows in my house are open this afternoon.

Oh, it's nice to have fresh air!
Yes....awesome day here in the Midwest!
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:36 am quote
Got called in to work a few hours yesterday and today. We are currently on Extended Emergency Leave with full pay. When we have to work, we get paid overtime rates for those hours as hazard pay.
Molto Verboso
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2007 Burgman 400
Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:07 am quote
Bag of Hammers
JKJ-FZ6

K Jones, you have obviously went over the edge. Immediately consult a
mental health professional. You will also find me in the waiting room.

Ba dee ba da, Ba dee ba da,

Bob Copeland
2019 300GTS Touring
Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:25 am quote
Soul Surfer wrote:
Cooking and baking! It kinda sucks to not be able to go out, but Bonnie and me have been having a blast, making gourmet meals in the kitchen. When you can't go out, you make it happen at home! 🤟🏻
OMG the cake...and I love gnocchi. My mom and gramma made homemade everything every Sunday while talking Italian and me grubbing in the kitchen. Lots of good stuff to grub, I'll never forget the smells in that little kitchen!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:49 pm quote
Made a trip to check in on my elderly mother today. Not absolutely essential, but she's turning 89 next month, and while there are people around to bring her food and check on her, I'm the only family member. She's not always the best reporter on herself, so I feel better getting eyes on her.

Anyway, nice to help out with a few things she needed, but also checked on the Beverly and LX still in the barn. Battery that I'd written about earlier was reinstalled and seemed to be fine...and as it was 60-ish out, needed a test ride. Felt SO good to be back in the saddle with it. All good for now. Made a slight detour to stop at the cemetery where my grandparents and a lot of my mom's family are buried....

Mom insisted on making a lemon meringue cupcake that she would have made for Easter dinner, so we get something to enjoy tomorrow!

Great to have a day that felt....almost...normal.
Banned

Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:00 pm quote
Knitpicky wrote:
Soul Surfer wrote:
Cooking and baking! It kinda sucks to not be able to go out, but Bonnie and me have been having a blast, making gourmet meals in the kitchen. When you can't go out, you make it happen at home! 🤟🏻
OMG the cake...and I love gnocchi. My mom and gramma made homemade everything every Sunday while talking Italian and me grubbing in the kitchen. Lots of good stuff to grub, I'll never forget the smells in that little kitchen!
Fantastic smile. You ride? Perfect woman.

I'll leave you with a song. Gotta blame it on something.

Banned

Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:08 pm quote
Knitpicky wrote:
Soul Surfer wrote:
Nice.

Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:33 pm quote
Visitors
Sulphur crested cockatoos having Easter brunch on the front porch.

IMG_20200412_115015858 (2).jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Literider Envy

Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:30 pm quote
I don't know how it happened, but for some reason I wasn't able to get into my account here for a long time. I actually gave up for a while. I managed to log back in this evening, and silly as it sounds, it just about brings tears to my eyes. I know a lot has changed since I was regularly around here, but it feels nice to be back, even if just to lurk. That absolutely makes me happy.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:40 am quote
Witch wrote:
I don't know how it happened, but for some reason I wasn't able to get into my account here for a long time. I actually gave up for a while. I managed to log back in this evening, and silly as it sounds, it just about brings tears to my eyes. I know a lot has changed since I was regularly around here, but it feels nice to be back, even if just to lurk. That absolutely makes me happy.
Hey, welcome back! New avatar, I see. Glad you could log in...PITA sometimes, innit?

Yes, some things have changed, but not everything!
Ossessionato
1979 P200e
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:45 am quote
Cheering me up? Finally cooking my first meal in my new (old) house! Still have my "hillbilly countertops " of plywood (chipboard, more specifically) due to the granite fabrication being shutdown.

Watch out for splinters!

Also, due to some teamwork and ingenuity, I got my mom (82 years old, doesn't often leave the house in regular times) a grocery delivery. Instacart and Peapod won't take new customers on Long Island, but between me (Pennsylvania), my daughter (northern Quebec), and a dog rescue friend (Long Island), we are going to drop off a large grocery order for mom. I know she's going to be wiped out moving the groceries between the door and her kitchen, but maybe she will work up an appetite for all the goodies she gets.
Ossessionato
1991 T5 Pole Position, 2008 LXS 125, 2013 Peugeot Metropolis RS
Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:55 am quote
Witch wrote:
this place is even more of a sanctuary for me nowadays! A quiet retreat away from antisocial-media
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:39 am quote
Witch wrote:
welcome back!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Sun May 10, 2020 4:24 am quote
26 days since anyone had anything cheerful to write about? Hard times.

Yesterday went to visit my mother and meet with my sister for an early Mother's Day. Feel fortunate to be able to visit at any rate. She lives alone in the middle of 40 acres...pretty independent but still needs help with stuff. COVID spacing went well until we lit a brush pile and I wanted a selfie with the three of us. Not too worried.

Still have the other two scooters in storage until it warms up enough for longer rides...and my wife riding hers. I did use the LX for running back and forth working on tweaking some things on my mom's mailbox at the bottom of the hill which was a good time...of course then one has to take a run up and down the road.... Gave the Beverly a bit of a workout too. The scooters needed some love!

Probably back down in a couple of weeks to bring them back to the house

Brush pile.jpg

selfie.jpg
Mom's 89 next week. Not doing bad.Those shiners were from doing a face plant after tripping last week and hitting her forehead. Told her she looks like a football player!

Ossessionato
Triumph Street Scrambler 2018, Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Sun May 10, 2020 6:18 am quote
Went also to see my parents yesterday, first time in 2 months.

Found both in good health, and as my father put it, 'it feels strange to belong to a risk group'.
He does have a bit of a heart condition, but jogs every day and finds it difficult to imagine himself as one those 'elderly people'

Spend 2 hours in the garden, just hanging around and talking, keeping a good distance all the time.

I should study a bit what is the general opinion on the dogs as a contamination media - althought I knew my parents would love to see our dog, I left it home just in case. It's the kind that don't save its tonque when seeing familiar people...

A great day, as said, felt almost normal for awhile.
Hooked
2016 Sprint 150
Sun May 10, 2020 7:05 am quote
The weather is great. Traffic is light less hurried.

Art
Addicted
S150, Cosa LX200, DL1000V
Sun May 10, 2020 7:54 am quote
Found a small scooter part I lost in the garage a couple of weeks back.
(Mind you, the replacement came from Germany a few days previously. But at least I have a spare!)
Ossessionato
2006 GT200
Mon May 11, 2020 6:50 am quote
RRider wrote:
I should study a bit what is the general opinion on the dogs as a contamination media - althought I knew my parents would love to see our dog, I left it home just in case. It's the kind that don't save its tonque when seeing familiar people...

My wife has been enthusiastically petting other people's dogs while out walking, so I've been paying attention to this question. It's scanty, but there is some evidence pets CAN therefore transfer the disease.

And of course it originated in other animals (or in secret US or secret Chinese or secret Soviet or secret Martian labs ):

https://www.sciencealert.com/can-you-catch-covid-19-from-your-pets-here-s-the-science

Glad you got to see your folks!
Molto Verboso
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2007 Burgman 400
Mon May 11, 2020 7:05 am quote
Dogs and the Pandemic
tdrake,

I would expect your bride stands a better chance of getting bit than
contracting the virus.

Be safe in Idaho.

Bob Copelalnd
Lake Wobegon Minn
Ossessionato
Triumph Street Scrambler 2018, Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
Mon May 11, 2020 8:33 am quote
tdrake wrote:
RRider wrote:

My wife has been enthusiastically petting other people's dogs while out walking, so I've been paying attention to this question. It's scanty, but there is some evidence pets CAN therefore transfer the disease.

And of course it originated in other animals (or in secret US or secret Chinese or secret Soviet or secret Martian labs ):

https://www.sciencealert.com/can-you-catch-covid-19-from-your-pets-here-s-the-science

Thanks for the link!
Yep, makes sense, it is possible, but not at the top of the 'how to get it' - list.

What I actually did not consider before, is that if I'll get the virus, I should also stay away from our dog... again, makes sense, but is a sad prospect: he's the one who has the patiency to lay down next to me on those rare occasions I'm seriously ill... wags his tail, makes the chicken soup... no, the last one must have been my wife
Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Mon May 11, 2020 8:45 am quote
It rained tonight and this morning it was sunny and 24 C ... Scooter ride to the sea with the permission from the lockdown, to go to the bar (6 km from my house) to buy the takeaway croissant (expedient to go out by scooter ...).
Stopped by the police:
"Where are you going?"
I showed the permit and the agent:
"Do you seriously believe that I believe you are doing 6 + 6 km for a croissant? It must be very good!"
I replied: "...at the point of doing 6 + 6 km ..."
Veni, Vidi, Posti
In garage: Yamaha Tricity 155 Urban 2019 - MV Agusta 125 RS 1956
Mon May 11, 2020 8:50 am quote
RRider wrote:
tdrake wrote:
RRider wrote:

Thanks for the link!
Yep, makes sense, it is possible, but not at the top of the 'how to get it' - list.

What I actually did not consider before, is that if I'll get the virus, I should also stay away from our dog... again, makes sense, but is a sad prospect: he's the one who has the patiency to lay down next to me on those rare occasions I'm seriously ill... wags his tail, makes the chicken soup... no, the last one must have been my wife
Only if you have a bat or a pangolin as a pet...
Molto Verboso
GTV300 (wife's)
Mon May 11, 2020 9:35 am quote
Tomorrow we will be signing the papers to put our house into a trust for my step-daughter, wife's daughter, so now I 'm trying to convince step-daughter that she is responsible for mowing the lawn and snow throwing the driveway in winter!

I mean if her name is on the deed then it's her job, right?

This should free up a bunch of time for other things like riding scooters and motorcycles!
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Mon May 11, 2020 10:21 am quote
Went out to dinner last Friday night for the first time since Ronna came around. Also, went out to brunch on Mother's day. Amazing how happy this made us feel.

Out.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Literider Envy

Tue May 12, 2020 4:38 pm quote
I may finally have the beginnings of a diagnosis as to why I can barely walk now! I am... morbidly excited. Yeah, something is wrong, but there's finally some tangible evidence of it, and validation. Four MRIs are boring, but worth it.
Molto Verboso
Medley 150
Sun May 24, 2020 12:08 am quote
Well, I learnt a new skill today. That is how to insert the URL thingy along with a YouTube clip on MV.
Maybe everyone else knows how to do that, but I wouldn't know one end of a URL from an IUD.
Sure its easy when you know how.
OK I could have asked on M.V, but that would have been an admission of failure, a bit like going to the doctor, something to be done as a last resort.
You tube clip, no drama, Copy and Paste knew that already.
Spent the whole day Googling, reading, watching clips, they were no help at all, monumental waste of time.
I'm the sort of person who will push all the buttons until I find the right one. So I finally worked it out. (highlight the address after you have Pasted a second time, click URL, thats it, preview just to make sure . This description could be the blind leading the blind).
Feel sort of...liberated. Will celebrate with a glass of something.
Hooked
2009 Vespa GTS300 S
Sun May 24, 2020 9:16 pm quote
Well my Covid-19 lockdown began earlier than the rest of New Zealand. I had a down with my Vespa in the first week of March and have been in a cast with a broken foot for the last two months locked up at home. Surgery with plate n pins. The cast came off 10 days ago and I spent this time fixing up the damage to the scoot and tidying it up. Well...

Yesterday I gave myself a birthday present with my first long 150km ride on Banks Peninsula after 2 months . Yayee!!

It feel so good to get out again.
Molto Verboso
LX150
Mon May 25, 2020 5:51 pm quote
We put the band back together, wrote an uplifting song, and made a remote video. Maybe it'll cheer you up too, if you need something like that.

https://youtu.be/hPB5AZwHrmw
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Tue May 26, 2020 9:33 am quote
Dead bunny
As I was heading out to work on my Vespa this morning, saw neighbors returning from a morning walk. Guy came to the road saying he was picking up a dead rabbit a bit further down the road. Now, normally I'd be a bit sad about roadkill, but when it's potentially one of the buggers that manages to get into my peas and beans and eat them to the ground, I smile a bit inside.

I told him I hoped he gave it a good and proper burial all the same...
Hooked
2017 Piaggio BV350
Tue May 26, 2020 9:44 am quote
Workload is starting to pick up, so that means no more Extended Emergency Leave. I'm working 9a-1p most of the rest of the week (not tomorrow, unless something comes in). Then June first we start Summer Hours. I signed up for 7a-5p, Monday through Thursday. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, I'm only working Monday and Thursday, with Tuesday & Wednesday being "if needed due to workload." I'll still get paid for 40 hours per week, though.
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...5354555657Next
[ Time: 0.2556s ][ Queries: 27 (0.1002s) ][ Debug on ]