So Ive got a P200E now
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports Previous12
Hooked
05 PX, 80P200, 63Li150, to many others
Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:04 am quote
The green dye used to make the insulation on those wires caused the rubber to break down faster than the other wires hence the problem with the green wire. I just replaced one yesterday. It's a bit of a pain but not that hard. Get a nylon fish tape from Harbor Freight, remove the gas tank, push the tape from the headset down through the body, attach a new 16 gauge wire to it and pull it back up. Install new fuel and oil lines while the tank is out.

I run 90/90 10's on all my P's. The fatter tire is close but does not rub. Not sure about those tires your running. I've never been a fan of white walls myself but you cant go wrong with a set of tires from a reputable manufacturer.

Replace the swing arm bushings. It's not that hard on a 200. I like the urethane ones from http://www.claussstudios.com/id52.html

I also really like the shocks from YSS. Inexpensive and good quality. I'm a big guy and ride on terrible roads, the YSS shocks have lasted much longer than other brands for me.

Beautiful looking P by the way.
Ossessionato
T5 Pole Position, T for thoroughbred
Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:18 pm quote
Only seen the thread now. Love a white with black p. Its always a winner in my book
81 P200E
Fri May 23, 2014 6:48 am quote
Soo I took a break for awhile but I'm back. Sorting out this Vespa fell to the side last year as I gave attention to my other vehicles.

Pretty soon here I'm going to finish tying up some loose ends like the fuel/oil lines, petcock lever, ignition wire, etc. However, one of the most annoying issues I'm having right now, is the engine dosnt seem to run quite right.

Last year I thought I had the mix screw set correctly because my plug was a light brown with some carbon bits stuck to it, but it still had hesitation issues. It would bog down at INITIAL throttle opening from engine idle, sometimes causing it to stall, and I just learned how to feather the gas in to keep it from stalling. So this year, I pulled the plug out before riding, and it was totally black. No idea how that happened since the last time I checked it looked nice. So I dialed the mix screw in 1/4 turn and rode around for 20 minutes, pulled it again and found it lightening up. So I rode to the parts store and picked up 2 more plugs to put a fresh one in to have a fresh color reading. I'm using an NGK B6ES gapped at .6mm.

It actually seemed to run better with the new plug, but I havent ridden it enough to determine if this fixed the poor throttle performance. I will update here as I progress with it. As always, your expertise is appreciated.
81 P200E
Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:08 pm quote
Well, sorry if it's not ok, but I wanted to bump this thread to say that the scooter is now available for sale. There is a thread in the classifieds forum.
Montgomery Illinois || 1981 Vespa P200E, $3,500

Ossessionato
1963 VBB2T

Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:46 am quote
Thats a nice looking bike.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:46 pm quote
Lynnb wrote:
Thats a nice looking bike.
Yeah it is... Why do all the good ones have to always be so far away?
Rallies Europe 2016   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> Project Reports Previous12
[ Time: 0.2712s ][ Queries: 23 (0.0649s) ][ Debug on ]