Café Lambretta? - San Francisco
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Hooked
LX OneFitty
Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:08 am quote
So on my ride in to work this morning, I stopped through Nob Hill and noticed a poster on a window of a currently vacant store front. It's a guy riding a Lambretta with "Café Lambretta" written on back of the cargo he's carrying on the scoot. Hm. I wonder if there is a new café opening up. Does anyone know anything about it?

I think that would be great if it happened - as long as Vespa riders were allowed in.

However, it's right next door to an exisiting café, so maybe not. :?

cafe-labretta.jpg
Café Lambretta - poster in Nob Hill, San Francisco (phone pic).

Hooked
between scooters
Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:58 am quote
Where on Nob Hill is it? What street? I don't know anything about it, but I'd be interested in checking it out once it opens (if it is indeed a café).
Hooked
LX OneFitty
Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:14 am quote
It's on Polk at Washington - two doors down from It's A Grind coffee shop.
Molto Verboso
GT200
Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:59 am quote
This is what I've heard--from another forum:
"John Quintos who organizes the LALO ride every year (Lambretta owners/only ride) said it should be open in May. He handed out cards for it."
Banned

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:23 pm quote
City Fool
jaded wrote:
This is what I've heard--from another forum:
"John Quintos who organizes the LALO ride every year (Lambretta owners/only ride) said it should be open in May. He handed out cards for it."
All the cool places to eat are in the city....
Molto Verboso
Current: 2004 GT 200 & 1976 150 Sprint V Previous: VS5 GS 150, 1974 Rally 200
Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:27 am quote
John's a good guy I look forward to seeing the new cafe. That now makes at least 3 SF Scooterists with food establishments:

Uncle Vitos-Dave Dubiner
330 Ritch- Kirk Harper
Cafe Lambretta-John Quintos
Hooked
between scooters
Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:18 pm quote
Update
Update: I walked by the place today around 3pm. It looks like it's nearly open. There were people working inside, but the doors were locked. The best news: they will be serving Blue Bottle coffee! Stay tuned...
Addicted
04 GT 200 smoky, 05 GT 125 smoky (in pieces)
Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:39 am quote
I hope it takes on as well as our local KFC...

J/K. This pic is from a Lambretta GTG my brother hosted here in Barcelona two weekends ago. Over 20 Lammies rode here all the way over from Italy.
Addicted

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:56 am quote
Re: Update
StyleC wrote:
Update: I walked by the place today around 3pm. It looks like it's nearly open. There were people working inside, but the doors were locked. The best news: they will be serving Blue Bottle coffee! Stay tuned...
What a great coffee, great flavor, and the grower gets a fair living price as a reward for avoiding toxins.
Molto Verboso
Current: 2004 GT 200 & 1976 150 Sprint V Previous: VS5 GS 150, 1974 Rally 200
Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:25 am quote
Is it today's SF monthly ride starting there?
If so and you attended maybe you can give a report.
Also, hate to sound so-SF, but does it have wi-fi?
Hooked
None, as yet...
Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:43 pm quote
StyleC wrote:
Never heard of this "brand" before... sounds interesting. In Sacramento, I've been to a very good coffee shop called Naked Coffee. Not too far away, there used to be a very cool Vespa shop/scoot dealer. Tons of old Vespas, a few Lambretas... that distinctive scent only a motoshop exudes... and lots of old machines, under repair and for sale. Unfortunately, it closed its doors some time ago. Miss that place....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsor
Vespa GTS
Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:11 pm quote
We had the sf monthly ride kick off there today. about thirty scoot were there. a very friendly place. I am sure it will be the place to meet for now on. He just opened on wedneday. Great guy and staff!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Yamaha Vstar classic 650 'Yamama' (Currently waspless but don't count me out!)
Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:41 am quote
quattrovalvole wrote:
Ahh, a KFC in Barcelona... good to see that we're exporting our finest!

How do you translate "finger lickin' good" into Spanish?

(actually... I really DO like KFC... it just seems out of place.)
Molto Verboso
No Scooter no more...
Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:59 am quote
He said 'Nob' he he he he
Banned

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:47 am quote
KFC Lambretta
What am I doing in the USA... I need a Lambretta FIX...
quattrovalvole wrote:

J/K. This pic is from a Lambretta GTG my brother hosted here in Barcelona two weekends ago. Over 20 Lammies rode here all the way over from Italy.
Hooked
between scooters
Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:01 pm quote
StyleC wrote:
And now for another update... the cafe has been open for several weeks now (I think since early June). I've been to it a few times, but have been dissappointed. It's a new place though, so maybe they're still working out the kinks. For example...

1. Blue Bottle coffee is great coffee, but it seems that the staff have not quite mastered how to make it correctly. It should be a strong, full-flavored coffee, but the times I've been there it's been weak and watery . Check out how it's made at that little place on Linden in Hayes Valley (300 block on Linden, just west of Gough -- don't know the name of the place, just where it is) or at Out the Door/Slanted Door in the Ferry Building. I will actually go out of my way when I'm craving Blue Bottle. That's why I got so excited about this place serving it (it's close to home).

2. I wish there was a place to sit while drinking my coffee. This morning I took my pastry and coffee and sat on my scooter while drinking it. I would have rather sit in the cafe and read a Scoot Magazine, but there is no place to sit! There's a large magazine display, but it's only about 1/3 full (with past issues of Scoot Magazine). A smaller display would do and it could be moved to make room for tables and chairs. Small tables would also fit at the front windows.

3. The place closes too early on weekdays (3pm I think). Sometimes the craving for Blue Bottle hits me after 3pm .

4. Better pastries and bigger selection would be great. They had very limited supply and what I got was not very good.

Someone here mentioned that they know the owner(s). Would you mind passing along these criticisms?

I'll return later... perhaps by then they will have worked out the kinks and made some improvements.

That's it for now... signing off, your scootering food critic...
Your Rally Here   Maroon Powersports LLC DBA Scooter Centrale   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.2714s ][ Queries: 33 (0.2015s) ][ Debug on ]