GTS 350 w/13" wheel - available at year end
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Author Message
Hooked
2013 GTS 300ie Super - Dragon Red
Joined: 30 Jun 2013
Posts: 145
Location: Escondido, California
Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:44 am quote
This is why I got a discount on my 2013 300ie Super. Knew this was coming after the BV350. Interesting to find out what difference the 13"front wheel makes.

http://www.automotoscooter.it/vespa-gts-allo-studio-il-modello-rally-350ie/5132
Veni, Vidi, Posti
946
Joined: 18 Jun 2007
Posts: 6164
Location: Acworth, GA
Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:50 am quote
And here we go...
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250ie "Jigokuchou" 2001 ET2 "Luna"
Joined: 07 Aug 2011
Posts: 1563
Location: Minneapolis MN
Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:51 am quote
Re: GTS 350 w/13" wheel - available at year end
dave92029 wrote:
This is why I got a discount on my 2013 300ie Super. Knew this was coming after the BV350. Interesting to find out what difference the 13"front wheel makes.

http://www.automotoscooter.it/vespa-gts-allo-studio-il-modello-rally-350ie/5132
That page keeps crashing my browser...but I want to SEE IT!!!
Hooked
2013 GTS 300ie Super - Dragon Red
Joined: 30 Jun 2013
Posts: 145
Location: Escondido, California
Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:54 am quote
Translation by Google
Vespa GTS 350ie Rally to study the model
Posted on February 28, 2013 by automotoscooter

inShare

Vespa GTS

By year's end, the brand Vespa is expected to present the version Rally Model GTS , equipped with a single cylinder engine 350ie from 33 hp. Compared to the GTS Super 300ie that will replace, the Vespa GTS 350ie Rally improve the relationship between weight and power, given that the maximum speed will increase up to 140 km / h.

To cope with the increasing performance, GTS Rally will have the tires 120/70 13-inch front and 140/70 12-inch at the rear. The standard, however, should also include the CBS Combined Braking System. In addition, the Vespa GTS 350 will be also available in ABS with ASR traction control. As for consumption, 350ie engine will travel 30 km on one liter of fuel.


However, the engineer Paolo Nesti, responsible for the design of the engine Piaggio group, denied the development of the Vespa 350, despite the large body was also designed for the adoption of the previous engine, 400ie, then rejected for reliability problems. The unit 350ie, however, has almost the same size of the motor 300i, from which it differs for the length of only 6 mm. Since the body will be renewed look, are also being considered by the initials GTR and GTX for the most powerful model ever of the Vespa brand.
Addicted
BV 350
Joined: 03 Nov 2012
Posts: 565
Location: NYC
Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:56 am quote
The Vespa pictured on the site looks like any other GTS. Can't speak to the additional 1" of wheel diameter since it looks exactly the same.
Resident Grump
MAC Motor, BBSHD. 30 Oct 2006
Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 15907
Location: MN
Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:57 am quote
"Vespa 350, despite the large body was also designed for the adoption of the previous engine, 400ie, then rejected for reliability problems."
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250ie "Jigokuchou" 2001 ET2 "Luna"
Joined: 07 Aug 2011
Posts: 1563
Location: Minneapolis MN
Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:00 am quote
Re: Translation by Google
dave92029 wrote:
Vespa GTS 350ie Rally to study the model
Posted on February 28, 2013 by automotoscooter

inShare

Vespa GTS

By year's end, the brand Vespa is expected to present the version Rally Model GTS , equipped with a single cylinder engine 350ie from 33 hp. Compared to the GTS Super 300ie that will replace, the Vespa GTS 350ie Rally improve the relationship between weight and power, given that the maximum speed will increase up to 140 km / h.

To cope with the increasing performance, GTS Rally will have the tires 120/70 13-inch front and 140/70 12-inch at the rear. The standard, however, should also include the CBS Combined Braking System. In addition, the Vespa GTS 350 will be also available in ABS with ASR traction control. As for consumption, 350ie engine will travel 30 km on one liter of fuel.


However, the engineer Paolo Nesti, responsible for the design of the engine Piaggio group, denied the development of the Vespa 350, despite the large body was also designed for the adoption of the previous engine, 400ie, then rejected for reliability problems. The unit 350ie, however, has almost the same size of the motor 300i, from which it differs for the length of only 6 mm. Since the body will be renewed look, are also being considered by the initials GTR and GTX for the most powerful model ever of the Vespa brand.
waitaminnit...the date on that is this past February...unfortunately that doesn't bring any new confirmation to an old rumour.
Resident Grump
MAC Motor, BBSHD. 30 Oct 2006
Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 15907
Location: MN
Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:00 am quote


Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 12.00.02 PM.png

Hooked
1980 P200E, 2012 SYM HD200 Evo
Joined: 28 Aug 2009
Posts: 463
Location: Atlanta
Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:08 am quote
Given the success of the BV 350 this should be a winner.

It appears, however, that in the never ending chase to add more displacement it could leave a pretty big gap between it and the next model down in the Vespa lineup (just speculating here, so could certainly be off on this).

Not sure why there isn't a place for 200-250 cc scooters anymore.

The motorcycle manufacturers have all hit this and are now going back to basics releasing small dual sports, retro and naked bikes in the 250 to 500 range again....
Resident Grump
MAC Motor, BBSHD. 30 Oct 2006
Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 15907
Location: MN
Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:09 am quote
Re: Translation by Google
ravenlore wrote:
waitaminnit...the date on that is this past February...unfortunately that doesn't bring any new confirmation to an old rumour.
Sadly it's all old and unconfirmed from what I can find. The line on the 400 really stuck in my craw. I came very close to biting on the MP3 400.

Screen Shot 2013-09-13 at 12.08.53 PM.png

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Literider Envy
Joined: 30 Jan 2007
Posts: 7270

Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:48 am quote
Re: Translation by Google
tomjasz wrote:
ravenlore wrote:
waitaminnit...the date on that is this past February...unfortunately that doesn't bring any new confirmation to an old rumour.
Sadly it's all old and unconfirmed from what I can find.
Still not much info or 100% confirmation, but it is mentioned in this newer article about the new LX/Primavera.
Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
Joined: 26 Aug 2007
Posts: 39324
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:51 am quote
Re: Translation by Google
tomjasz wrote:
ravenlore wrote:
waitaminnit...the date on that is this past February...unfortunately that doesn't bring any new confirmation to an old rumour.
Sadly it's all old and unconfirmed from what I can find. The line on the 400 really stuck in my craw. I came very close to biting on the MP3 400.
I think they're referring to a prototype 400 engine along the same lines as the 350 - not the old Master 400, which has proved very reliable but with a much larger size.
Resident Grump
MAC Motor, BBSHD. 30 Oct 2006
Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 15907
Location: MN
Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:12 am quote
Re: Translation by Google
Witch wrote:
Still not much info or 100% confirmation, but it is mentioned in this newer article about the new LX/Primavera.
Hey Witch! Thanks.
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2006 Vespa GT (Crash): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 4414
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:16 am quote
Wouldn't you know it. I bought my GT in late November, 2005. I waited for the GTS but it wouldn't come and I got antsy and bought the GT (for my 50th birthday). The 250 GTS came out a couple of weeks after that. It has been fine as the GT has been a fine scooter. (won't start at the moment)

Now, I have been waiting for the 350 GTS for months. Finally got tired of waiting and bought a Honda NC700X. Very different machine for different needs but I would have bought the 350 GTS instead had it been available. I am enjoying the Honda, so, again, it is all fine. But the 350 GTS WILL be the replacement for the GT as soon as possible.
Molto Verboso
2009 GTS 250ie "Jigokuchou" 2001 ET2 "Luna"
Joined: 07 Aug 2011
Posts: 1563
Location: Minneapolis MN
Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:23 am quote
Re: Translation by Google
tomjasz wrote:
Witch wrote:
Still not much info or 100% confirmation, but it is mentioned in this newer article about the new LX/Primavera.
Hey Witch! Thanks.
I second the thanks!
Resident Grump
MAC Motor, BBSHD. 30 Oct 2006
Joined: 17 Jan 2007
Posts: 15907
Location: MN
Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:28 am quote
Re: Translation by Google
jimc wrote:
I think they're referring to a prototype 400 engine along the same lines as the 350 - not the old Master 400, which has proved very reliable but with a much larger size.
Good news, thanks.
Molto Verboso
2011 GTS300 Super Duper - 2014 Honda CTX700ND
Joined: 09 Sep 2011
Posts: 1495
Location: The New World
Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:39 am quote
WLeuthold wrote:
Wouldn't you know it. I bought my GT in late November, 2005. I waited for the GTS but it wouldn't come and I got antsy and bought the GT (for my 50th birthday). The 250 GTS came out a couple of weeks after that. It has been fine as the GT has been a fine scooter. (won't start at the moment)

Now, I have been waiting for the 350 GTS for months. Finally got tired of waiting and bought a Honda NC700X. Very different machine for different needs but I would have bought the 350 GTS instead had it been available. I am enjoying the Honda, so, again, it is all fine. But the 350 GTS WILL be the replacement for the GT as soon as possible.
Did you get the DCT or the standard shift?
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2006 Vespa GT (Crash): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 4414
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:42 pm quote
zombies-nyc wrote:
Did you get the DCT or the standard shift?
I chose the standard shift. It is a very easy clutch and much torque near idle so it is very simple to use.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T (totaled), GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 9158
Location: KS USA
Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:05 pm quote
Re: GTS 350 w/13" wheel - available at year end
ravenlore wrote:
dave92029 wrote:
This is why I got a discount on my 2013 300ie Super. Knew this was coming after the BV350. Interesting to find out what difference the 13"front wheel makes.

http://www.automotoscooter.it/vespa-gts-allo-studio-il-modello-rally-350ie/5132
That page keeps crashing my browser...but I want to SEE IT!!!
Same here. But GTS 350 has a certain ring to it, doesn't it?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
Joined: 29 Dec 2007
Posts: 11609
Location: Oregon City, OR
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:51 pm quote
ravenlore wrote:
waitaminnit...the date on that is this past February...unfortunately that doesn't bring any new confirmation to an old rumour.
You are exactly right. No new information here!
Addicted
09 Yamaha Zuma(sold), 06 Kymco People 250(sold), 08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie, 09 Buddy Italia, 06 Buddy
Joined: 20 Jan 2012
Posts: 902
Location: Denver
Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:11 am quote
WLeuthold wrote:
zombies-nyc wrote:
Did you get the DCT or the standard shift?
I chose the standard shift. It is a very easy clutch and much torque near idle so it is very simple to use.
I got the DCT, and enjoy it because I do a lot of in traffic riding.

The honda is a low-maintenance model, and plenty of fun (we got it for light touring duty).

It doesn't have the classic lines of a Vespa though.
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 21610
Location: Nashville, Indiana
Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:36 am quote
skully93 wrote:
WLeuthold wrote:
zombies-nyc wrote:
Did you get the DCT or the standard shift?
I chose the standard shift. It is a very easy clutch and much torque near idle so it is very simple to use.
I got the DCT, and enjoy it because I do a lot of in traffic riding.

The honda is a low-maintenance model, and plenty of fun (we got it for light touring duty).

It doesn't have the classic lines of a Vespa though.
For posterity scully

scully.jpg
You are only evil once.

Rallies Europe 2016   DoubleGood Vespa T-Shirts   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.1710s ][ Queries: 26 (0.0362s) ][ Debug on ]