Smallframe page
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous123...131415
Author Message
Addicted
1980 P200E project, 2005 Stella Malossi 166 MKIII
Joined: 20 Jul 2018
Posts: 860
Location: Staten Island, NY
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:39 pm quote
nice job on the trim!

Kid and his shirt were made for that scooter.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x2 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 6996
Location: seattle/athens
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:43 pm quote
Thanks, best to start them out young and yes, the trim is coming along very nicely. I forgot the pic of the official welcome to the herd offered by Big Sprint.

welcome.jpg

Hooked
'77 150 Super (PT Danmotor), '64 VBBs (Shriners + project), 1970s BMW motorcycles, Bultaco Alpina trials
Joined: 01 Apr 2017
Posts: 138
Location: Western Mass., USA
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:08 pm quote
Just picked this up today...
... from a neighbor across town. It's my first Vespa smallie. It's a project though: a non-runner and missing parts galore.
Nice original paint, though.

IMG_9141.JPG

IMG_9139.JPG

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x2 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 6996
Location: seattle/athens
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:20 pm quote
That red is gonna clean up so nice! Looks like you have very little rust to deal with and no real damage on the body.

Put a fork in the blue 50 special, it's done except for new tires. I missed my cargo capacity so first added a bag hook under the seat then mounted a rack for more serious hauling. Changed the seat to match the rack & allow bigger loads. Still getting used to it, good springs & padding so it's comfy but I sit a bit different than the old original that fit like favorite old shoes.

IMG_20190806_151944210 (2).jpg
first there is welding to do, adding adapter brackets to attach w/ front tank bolts

IMG_20190806_211349658 (2).jpg
now a 'normal' picture of how bike is now

IMG_20190806_210548667~2.jpg
then I started playing w/ the camera

IMG_20190806_210423815~2.jpg
not blue enough for you?
got you covered

IMG_20190806_211245738~2.jpg
dramatic Vespa is dramatic
almost forgot, got a new Malossi muff too

Enthusiast
Joined: 14 Jun 2016
Posts: 86
Location: Macedonia
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:30 am quote
This blue smallie turned out great, a true gem!

Great work
Hooked
‘64 V90 survivor
Joined: 30 May 2018
Posts: 164
Location: Madison WI
Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:30 am quote
V oodoo

An amazing job in bringing it back. You should name it Lazarus.
Ossessionato
1976 Super (x 2), 1974 Primavera (x 2), 2006 Fly 150
Joined: 26 Sep 2013
Posts: 4761
Location: So Cal
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:38 am quote
The 50 Special seat may not the most comfortable but it’s hands down one of the best looking.
Hooked
58 VB1T, 81 100 Sport
Joined: 06 May 2019
Posts: 103
Location: Long Beach, CA
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:56 am quote
Voodoo your vespa voodoo is magical. Nice work! Diggin the rack, and have to agree with Socal, that seat is beautiful. Ol' Blue is a beaut!!
Hooked
'66 Super 150
Joined: 11 Jul 2017
Posts: 429
Location: MN
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:07 pm quote
G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S is the word, V oodoo. That fresh blue paint is stunning! I like the pic of Big Sprint checking her out. "How you doin'?" he seems to say (while staring waaaay too long at her legshield) Men
Enthusiast
GS150, LI200, TX200, PX125, T5200, SX200, PX125 CUTDOWN
Joined: 31 Jul 2019
Posts: 54
Location: South West England
Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:41 pm quote
V oodoo wrote:
That red is gonna clean up so nice! Looks like you have very little rust to deal with and no real damage on the body.

Put a fork in the blue 50 special, it's done except for new tires. I missed my cargo capacity so first added a bag hook under the seat then mounted a rack for more serious hauling. Changed the seat to match the rack & allow bigger loads. Still getting used to it, good springs & padding so it's comfy but I sit a bit different than the old original that fit like favorite old shoes.
f*cking gorgeous mate....boootiful......
Molto Verboso
08 GTS 250, 79 P200E, 62 Allstate
Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Posts: 1178
Location: Florence, OR
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:19 pm quote
Kimono32 wrote:
I like the pic of Big Sprint checking her out. "How you doin'?" he seems to say (while staring waaaay too long at her legshield) Men
What a crack up - I was thinking the exact same thing!

And Voodoo, you once again live up to your name... Hocus Pocus, alacazam. And mix a little chicken feather, goat saliva, and beeswax, and voila! Ha. Truly, a work of art my friend. You are the "Voodoo Master". You must've been hanging out with ebeth....
Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 50s x2 78 P200 84 Cosa 58 AllState 68 Sprint 80 50special + projects
Joined: 22 Nov 2010
Posts: 6996
Location: seattle/athens
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:20 pm quote
<--- CAUTION: Do not buy a scooter based solely on fancy internet pictures from this guy!
Kimono32 wrote:
G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S is the word, V oodoo. That fresh blue paint is stunning! I like the pic of Big Sprint checking her out. "How you doin'?" he seems to say (while staring waaaay too long at her legshield) Men


You're killing me over here! Maybe that's why I find your avatar so distracting and maybe why I spent so much time polishing the leggy trim to properly package the goods.

Thanks for your take but the paint is shite, although it is happy shite.
Lemme get you a pic in good lite w/ no camera tricks. The whole package came out much better than I expected so I'm happy with the interesting interplay between all the different blues on there.

I guess 'stunning' works. I used all the best stuff: High Performance Enamel in Royal Blue by Rustoleum on the doors, wheels & plastic tail lite. Then Ultra Cover 2X in Wildflower Blue satin also by Rustoleum on the frame with a small touch of Premium Automotive in GM Light Blue Metallic by Dupli-Color on the mudguard for variety. All except Royal Blue waxed & shined.

Still on the lookout for a better match but no urgency.



IMG_20190809_145401540.jpg

IMG_20190809_145348424.jpg

IMG_20190809_145526513.jpg

IMG_20190809_145705091.jpg

IMG_20190809_145506394.jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
a not so normal vbb2 '64, a weirdo vbx '86 and a not so normal pts100 '82
Joined: 15 Jun 2009
Posts: 5437
Location: Indo
Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:25 pm quote
Brother T is our wizzard in touch up the bike in its OG condition, top blues Brother T
Hooked
‘64 V90 survivor
Joined: 30 May 2018
Posts: 164
Location: Madison WI
Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:42 pm quote
Had the 2-3 shift cable on my V90 break at the butterfly in the headset.
I had seen V oodo’s trick using a bungee to stretch the cables. Changed both cables, put clamps on the ends and connected the bungee that I looped thru a ladder to keep the tension.
After checking the shifter was set on neutral, adjusted and tightened the pinch bolts then soldered the cables and trimmed. All done in 5 minutes not including time to remove and refit new cables.
Making the job even easier, on the pinch bolts I used an 8 mm ignition wrench to hold the pinch bolt body and a ¼” drive handle with a 7mm socket on the set screw. Moves your tightening hand back out of the tight space.

7ED9ACCE-E0C1-4245-9BD6-4DD40C180304.jpeg

7776FE22-F86E-41EE-886F-FBB9480F9783.jpeg



Last edited by exmayor on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Addicted
Too Many
Joined: 15 Jul 2010
Posts: 545
Location: Soap Lake , WA
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:02 pm quote
not sure if I ever posted this bike on here before but here is the most current trouble maker in our herd. we've been chasing a truly mysterious air leak. and we are no stranger to air leaks here. there is something inside the motor that is destroying the seal on the fly side (replaced it 2x with the same issue) so we have to pop open the case again and see if there's a metal burr in there that we have to shave off.

IMG_3810.jpg

Molto Verboso
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 1570

Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:37 pm quote
exmayor wrote:
Had the 2-3 shift cable on my V90 break at the butterfly in the headset.
I had seen V oodo’s trick using a bungee to stretch the cables. Changed both cables, put clamps on the ends and connected the bungee that I looped thru a ladder to keep the tension.
After checking the shifter wan set on neutral adjusted and tightened the pinch bolts then soldered the cables and trimmed. All done in 5 minutes not including time to remove and refit new cables.
I love clean scooter engines!
Molto Verboso
Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 1570

Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:41 pm quote
Nuttmeg44 wrote:
not sure if I ever posted this bike on here before but here is the most current trouble maker in our herd. we've been chasing a truly mysterious air leak. and we are no stranger to air leaks here. there is something inside the motor that is destroying the seal on the fly side (replaced it 2x with the same issue) so we have to pop open the case again and see if there's a metal burr in there that we have to shave off.
That PGO is wild Nutmeg! It looks half smallframe, half largeframe, half 4T Bajaj Chetak, and a smidge of a 80's style Honda Aero. Where in the heck did you find the new gem?
Addicted
Too Many
Joined: 15 Jul 2010
Posts: 545
Location: Soap Lake , WA
Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:16 pm quote
whodatschrome wrote:
That PGO is wild Nutmeg! It looks half smallframe, half largeframe, half 4T Bajaj Chetak, and a smidge of a 80's style Honda Aero. Where in the heck did you find the new gem?
isn't it fun?!!! and to think we have another complete frame in boxes in the attic of our shed. The two we have came from Vancouver BC. We got this complete one from a friend of ours. it was actually the first small frame that I ever sat on back in 2011 (i think)... the cowls come off like a large frame. The headset is totally crazy. it looks like a PK from the exterior at first glance except that crazy horncast blinker setup. however its totally like a primavera underneath and on the fork....
the facebook group for the PGO owners of america only has 9 members so I don't think there's that many out there. our second one is going to need a whole lot of work and it will not have a stock motor since I don't think I want to ship one from Taiwan over here.

56178620_10155728204286467_6828745306239139840_n.jpg

64928925_10155879629681467_5793282283775459328_n.jpg

Your Rally Here   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> Not-So-Modern Previous123...131415
[ Time: 0.5668s ][ Queries: 25 (0.2900s) ][ Debug on ]