Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
Hooked

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:31 pm quote
Deleted

Last edited by SacRider on Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Ossessionato
2013 Vespa LX150ie, 1968 Vespa Sprint 150
Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:09 pm quote
Indeed. They have great service, fast delivery and reasonable prices. I just wish they were located in town so I could go browse.
Ossessionato
2012 GTV 300 & LXV 150
Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:49 am quote
I love coming home to these things:
- A box with that black and green and white ScooterWest tape on it.
- A beautiful weather day and an errand yet undone, requiring a ride.
- A new story from Trepp to read.
The Host with the Toast
Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:35 am quote
Max is A#1 Scooter west has been tops for me when I need parts
World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:23 am quote
Yes they are and they helped me with a problem yesterday via phone. They go above and beyond. Glad to have them. Max and all the gang are tops in my book. They even help us with shipping to keep the cost down. They need a toaster.
Hooked

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:41 am quote
Deleted

Last edited by SacRider on Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:48 am; edited 3 times in total
Molto Verboso
No moar Vespas...sold them all
Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:34 am quote
I'll chime in and agree....shipping from the left coast to the East when I need parts can take, well, the time it would take but nothing you can do about that.....otherwise yea they're awesome.
Molto Verboso
63 GL 150, 05 Typhoon, 09 Beo 200
Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:59 pm quote
Max is the greatest! He helped me out too!
Ossessionato
'09 250 GTSie '75 Rally 200 '79 P200 '09 Stella 221
Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:20 pm quote
Max and Scooterwest are amazing. Max has a wealth of knowledge and always shoots straight. They're a good asset for the scootering community.
Hooked
vespa 300 super, p200e
Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:14 pm quote
I agree
The other day I needed to know a socket size , I forget to measure the nut. I called from the store, it did not get a name, but he looked up the nut , pulled it from stock and checked the socket size for me. Saved me a trip. Not to many places will do that.

That's the type of service that makes you come back.
Enthusiast
Vespa ET8 150
Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:04 am quote
Yes, ScooterWest is awesome.

When I first bought my ET4 I called and spoke with Steve. Must have been on the phone almost an hour ordering parts, checking which was which, suggesting alternatives or advising on how to get the best out of the ET. Pricing was reasonable and they didn't go overboard recommending stuff I didn't need - Steve actually stopped me buying a few things as they weren't really needed.

Steve emailed the order to double check and all done, they packaged it well and it arrived in Hong Kong just over a week later.

Great service and will be doing more business with them soon. Highly recommended.
Hooked
Vespa GTS 300 SUPER
Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:23 am quote
Both my scooter and i love scooterwest and max too!
Addicted
2006 LX150, 2009 250, '80 P200, '80 PX200
Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:29 pm quote
Im lucky enough to get my scoot serviced there; oh, and party with some of the gang this weekend with our Mods v. rockers weekend! Out the door an hour from now for more high jinks.
Ossessionato
2017 BMW R1200GS and 2018 Ducati Multistrada 950. 2010 Vespa GTS 250 (shared)
Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:25 pm quote
Yes....they are.
Lurker
GT 200
Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:03 am quote
Scooterwest is awesome
Visited them in December and walked out with a trailer load of goodies, plastic card almost melting! BTW. Crash bars fit great, guys. Thanks for your excellent service and advice.
Hooked
'16 BV350 '01 ET4
Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:11 am quote
I'll ride to that
Et2 50cc & Et4 125cc
Tue May 14, 2019 1:58 am quote
Did you get your bike back on the road?
Hi all. I'd like to first say Fabio you have been a great help with your knowledge, descriptions and pics, I found this forum and thread while searching for answers, as YouTube and my Haynes manual have come up blank? I've just joined this group as I have a 2001 et2 that has the same problem? The engine revs but the rear wheel doesn't spin, I've been reading this thread in the hope that I can find a solution, the splines are ok on my rear wheel, so don't think it is that? My clutch has 4.2mm all the way around all 3 pads on the plate, the inside of the clutch plate bell has been cleaned with brake and clutch cleaner and rubbed with some 320 wet n dry, it has a brand new belt but I still can't get the rear wheel to spin when the engine is running?
My biggest problem is that I bought this et2 from eBay as a project for 100, it was in pieces in several boxes, and rusted out underneath (I have lots of pictures of the work we've done on it), I've had to buy a lot of other parts to complete it, it's all back together now thanks to my biker friend (who I'm going to refer to as Mark), a Haynes manual and YouTube, but not running right? The engine idled ok, but when I rev it sounds like the engine is straining and the rear wheel doesn't spin? I thought I'd adjusted the rear brake too right, so let it right off, that didn't work? Mark the took the side panel off the engine, inspected inside and couldn't see anything broken or out of place? He then cleaned the clutch bell, checked the radiator plate and rollers, put it all back together and still no movement from the rear wheel? Mark is stumped about what it could be? Could the gearbox or rear main gear be the problem? If so where is it located? And how do I remove it to check?
Many thanks in advance for any help offered?

20190403_173719.jpg
From this to This

20190507_225224.jpg

Enthusiast
ET2 2004
Tue May 14, 2019 2:35 am quote
Re: Did you get your bike back on the road?
PedHead73 wrote:
Hi all. I'd like to first say Fabio you have been a great help with your knowledge, descriptions and pics, I found this forum and thread while searching for answers, as YouTube and my Haynes manual have come up blank? I've just joined this group as I have a 2001 et2 that has the same problem? The engine revs but the rear wheel doesn't spin, I've been reading this thread in the hope that I can find a solution, the splines are ok on my rear wheel, so don't think it is that? My clutch has 4.2mm all the way around all 3 pads on the plate, the inside of the clutch plate bell has been cleaned with brake and clutch cleaner and rubbed with some 320 wet n dry, it has a brand new belt but I still can't get the rear wheel to spin when the engine is running?
My biggest problem is that I bought this et2 from eBay as a project for 100, it was in pieces in several boxes, and rusted out underneath (I have lots of pictures of the work we've done on it), I've had to buy a lot of other parts to complete it, it's all back together now thanks to my biker friend (who I'm going to refer to as Mark), a Haynes manual and YouTube, but not running right? The engine idled ok, but when I rev it sounds like the engine is straining and the rear wheel doesn't spin? I thought I'd adjusted the rear brake too right, so let it right off, that didn't work? Mark the took the side panel off the engine, inspected inside and couldn't see anything broken or out of place? He then cleaned the clutch bell, checked the radiator plate and rollers, put it all back together and still no movement from the rear wheel? Mark is stumped about what it could be? Could the gearbox or rear main gear be the problem? If so where is it located? And how do I remove it to check?
Many thanks in advance for any help offered?
Firstly, nice work there!

You get to the gearbox through a plate behind the clutch but before you open it up I think you should be able to check if it's working by turning the outer clutch bell by hand and that should turn the rear wheel I think.

Cheers
Rich
Et2 50cc & Et4 125cc
Tue May 14, 2019 2:53 pm quote
Hi Rich, I've checked where you suggested, it is turning the wheel when
I move it manually, someone else I know has asked if all of the wood ruffs
are in the bike or if any are missing? I've just bought some on eBay for 84p
each, so I bought 4 of them, I have no idea how many I need, what they're for or where they go?
Any suggestions? I'm at my wits end with this bike! It seemed like a great idea
at the time, but has been a nightmare from start to finish, well almost finished?
I took the exhaust and rear wheel off to check the teeth inside the spline, there
seems to be plenty of the teeth left, so don't think that's the problem? As I've
said earlier it has a new drive belt on it and has had the clutch serviced, my
friend Mark thinks the clutch shoes are on backwards? If that's possible?
He thinks they're the wrong way round on the pulley? As it looks like they won't
open to engage how they are fitted? I've attached a pic.

20190514_234704_001.jpg

20190514_234729.jpg

20190514_234745.jpg
The shoes look like they should spin the other way to be able to ooen/expand to engage on the bell drum?? The way they are fitted it looks like they are trying to close in on themselves, even though they can't?

Enthusiast
ET2 2004
Wed May 15, 2019 5:21 am quote
PedHead73 wrote:
Hi Rich, I've checked where you suggested, it is turning the wheel when
I move it manually, someone else I know has asked if all of the wood ruffs
are in the bike or if any are missing? I've just bought some on eBay for 84p
each, so I bought 4 of them, I have no idea how many I need, what they're for or where they go?
Any suggestions? I'm at my wits end with this bike! It seemed like a great idea
at the time, but has been a nightmare from start to finish, well almost finished?
I took the exhaust and rear wheel off to check the teeth inside the spline, there
seems to be plenty of the teeth left, so don't think that's the problem? As I've
said earlier it has a new drive belt on it and has had the clutch serviced, my
friend Mark thinks the clutch shoes are on backwards? If that's possible?
He thinks they're the wrong way round on the pulley? As it looks like they won't
open to engage how they are fitted? I've attached a pic.
From looking at your pics I'd say the clutch plates are in right, here's a pic from the workshop manual showing the clutch in bits...
Thinking back mine had a similar problem when I first got it, I revved it and it went nowhere I suspected the clutch or wheel splines too but they were fine. It was running really badly due to being stored for 10 years and the carb being gunged up. I put mine down to a combination of it not producing any power and the clutch being a little stuck from not being used in a long time. After the engine was running well it sorted itself out, bit of a mystery. Sorry that's not much help!
Are the woodruffs for an ET2? I know the geared vespas use them but didn't know ET2s had them. Maybe do a fresh post about it? and more knowledgeable people will pick it up, I stumbled on this by chance.

Cheers
Rich

clutch.JPG

2019 Fall Gathering - September 12 - 15, Hungry Mother State Park, Marion, VA   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Scooter Parts Company
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion
[ Time: 0.4612s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0542s) ][ Debug on ]