So I am thinking about installing....
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Author Message
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400
Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 155
Location: Greenville SC
Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:19 am quote
Has anyone had any experience with the Denali Powerhub 2?

I get where to wire the red and black wires but where would I wire the yellow wire?

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/powerhub2-fuse-block-master-ground-block-and-wiring-harness-for-motorcycles

.


The PowerHub2 Power Distribution Module, manufactured by Denali, allows you to safely connect up to 6 electronic devices to your motorcycle in a clean, workmanlike manner. It is CANbus compatible and includes six 15-amp rated and fused outputs, six ground posts, and a plug-and-play wiring harness for direct battery hookup. Each of the six outputs can be individually set as "always on" or "switched" on/off with the ignition of the motorcycle. Instead of attaching multiple ring terminals to your battery, use a PowerHub2!
Ossessionato
MP3 400 / BV250
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 3802
Location: San Diego, California
Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:27 am quote
Looks similar to the Fuzeblocks unit that some members have used

http://www.fuzeblocks.com/


Also if that unit does 6 15amp circuits that is 90 amps on the battery hookup. Granted you would never see that much but a 8ga connection at the battery should be fused to no more than 40amps.
Ossessionato
2009 MP3 500 - The Iridescent Chameleon, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125, 2016 Indian Scout Sixty
Joined: 18 Jun 2010
Posts: 2648
Location: Geneseo, IL (Quad City area)
Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:33 am quote
Going by the description, it looks like one wire is for live (always on) and one is switched (ignition/engine on). You'll have to look at the wiring instructions to be sure, but I'd guess red is always on and yellow is switched...
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400
Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 155
Location: Greenville SC
Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:44 am quote
Does this help?

And where would the gurus suggest I run the yellow wire if I place the hub under the seat?

The entire unit is rated for 30 Amps (360 watts). Each of the six circuits can handle up to 15A (180W) each - without exceeding a total sum of 30 Amps simultaneously.

the way i read this is that the fuses are swapable so I shouldn't have any issue with exceeding 40a.

Capture.JPG

Addicted
2008 MP3-500
Joined: 01 Nov 2011
Posts: 553
Location: ANAHEIM CA USA
Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:53 am quote
Hadantor wrote:
...And where would the gurus suggest I run the yellow wire if I place the hub under the seat?....
I'm about to install a similar (FZ-1 Fuseblock) device, and was suggested to use the Switched/Hot(+) wire to the license plate light
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400
Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 155
Location: Greenville SC
Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:03 am quote
brilliant, thank you
Hooked
mp3 400
Joined: 13 Nov 2012
Posts: 119
Location: new york
Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:13 am quote
Twisted Throttle
I have used them for years. I highly recommend them.
Addicted
2008 MP3-500
Joined: 01 Nov 2011
Posts: 553
Location: ANAHEIM CA USA
Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:19 am quote
Op,

Seems like the FZ-1 Fuseblock does the same thing as the Denali, but cheaper... $84 vs $115

I'm on my 3rd FZ-1 (eg 3 different bikes) and love them... They have not physically fallen apart, unlike another brand I used.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto
Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 5278
Location: Austin, TX
Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:50 am quote
Hadantor wrote:
Does this help?

And where would the gurus suggest I run the yellow wire if I place the hub under the seat?

The entire unit is rated for 30 Amps (360 watts). Each of the six circuits can handle up to 15A (180W) each - without exceeding a total sum of 30 Amps simultaneously.

the way i read this is that the fuses are swapable so I shouldn't have any issue with exceeding 40a.
lol - 40 amps is pretty much a non-issue in that:

a - you should never see that current draw from normal accessories
b - if you do then your electrical system will be toast anyway.

Ferchissakes man - this is a motorcycle not a friggin RV.
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400
Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 155
Location: Greenville SC
Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:34 am quote
What! someone has not designed an MP3 RV mod. This bike is like the Swiss Army of Bikes (I know this cause I read it on the internet and I believe everything I read on the internet).

Seriously, this is one awesome forum. You could write the big book of awesome MP3 stuff.
Hooked
MP3 500 Sport Touring LT - grey
Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Posts: 474
Location: London, UK
Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:59 am quote
I'll buy a beer for the first one here to fit a mini-fridge and built in vacuum cleaner to their MP3!

EDIT: Sentences need verbs, apparently.
Ossessionato
MP3 400 / BV250
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 3802
Location: San Diego, California
Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:39 pm quote
Hadantor wrote:
You could write the big book of awesome MP3 stuff.
Isn't that what we do everyday?
Ossessionato
MP3 400 / BV250
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 3802
Location: San Diego, California
Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:40 pm quote
Orangezorki wrote:
built in vacuum cleaner to their MP3!

Sometimes it sucks. Does that count for half a beer?
Hooked
MP3 500 Sport Touring LT - grey
Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Posts: 474
Location: London, UK
Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:54 pm quote
14perry wrote:
Orangezorki wrote:
built in vacuum cleaner to their MP3!

Sometimes it sucks. Does that count for half a beer?
Heretic!
Veni, Vidi, Posti
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto
Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 5278
Location: Austin, TX
Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:32 pm quote
Orangezorki wrote:
14perry wrote:
Orangezorki wrote:
built in vacuum cleaner to their MP3!

Sometimes it sucks. Does that count for half a beer?
Heretic!
*sigh* it's never easy speaking truth.
Molto Verboso
Red Mp 3 500
Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 1507
Location: Norman, Oklahoma. USA
Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:51 pm quote
A profit is never honored in his own home.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Neutrino MP3 492.7 AK, 2013 Moto Guzzi Norge
Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Posts: 21163
Location: Kingston, Tennessee, Tn
Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:23 pm quote
Orangezorki wrote:
I'll buy a beer for the first one here to fit a mini-fridge and built in vacuum cleaner to their MP3!

EDIT: Sentences need verbs, apparently.
I am working on it, will let you know and post a pic or 2. I have always liked a good beer.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto
Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 5278
Location: Austin, TX
Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:19 am quote
old as dirt wrote:
Orangezorki wrote:
I'll buy a beer for the first one here to fit a mini-fridge and built in vacuum cleaner to their MP3!

EDIT: Sentences need verbs, apparently.
I am working on it, will let you know and post a pic or 2. I have always liked a good beer.
I guess you could replace your topcase with one of these. Too bad it won't hold bottles..
Portable automotive cooler
Addicted
MP3 500 - Black Sunshine
Joined: 08 Oct 2011
Posts: 859
Location: Shanghai or Ventura
Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:04 am quote
BubbaJon wrote:
old as dirt wrote:
Orangezorki wrote:
I'll buy a beer for the first one here to fit a mini-fridge and built in vacuum cleaner to their MP3!

EDIT: Sentences need verbs, apparently.
I am working on it, will let you know and post a pic or 2. I have always liked a good beer.
I guess you could replace your topcase with one of these. Too bad it won't hold bottles..
Portable automotive cooler
It will hold bottles no problem, no problem at all!

Oh, you want those bottles intact, too?
Molto Verboso
Red Mp 3 500
Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 1507
Location: Norman, Oklahoma. USA
Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:45 am quote
Where does it say {good} beer. Now you are upping the stakes. Or are you one of those guys that believe any free beer is good beer. I'll bet beer would go good with all that rain and snow you have been getting. Help chase away the no riding blues.
Ossessionato
MP3 500, Ducati ST4s, Honda Silver Wing
Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 2646
Location: Nomad currently in Placerville, CA
Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:04 am quote
sanogeo1 wrote:
Where does it say {good} beer. Now you are upping the stakes.
Good thing I'm not in this contest. I only like one brand of beer. A & W Root.
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400
Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 155
Location: Greenville SC
Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:52 am quote
Yeah a beer would be nice today, since its in the 70s.

Wrap the bottles in foam and they should be safe in your MP3 Fridgerator.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto
Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 5278
Location: Austin, TX
Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:43 am quote
heinlein wrote:
sanogeo1 wrote:
Where does it say {good} beer. Now you are upping the stakes.
Good thing I'm not in this contest. I only like one brand of beer. A & W Root.
And a fine beer that is too - although I have to say these days it's IBC.
Hooked
Piaggio MP3 400
Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 155
Location: Greenville SC
Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:51 pm quote
Dont get me on A&W, I think they've changed the beeping formula. The fountain A&W at the restaurant tastes like garbage. I am not sure if they use High Fructose Corn Syrup or Cane Sugar at the restaurant. My guess is cane sugar. It just taste awful.

Its like New Coke. Yeah Im almost 40 and remember the New Coke stink. Dont mess with a good thing. BTW nothing better than a Coke mixed correctly and cold. Mmmmmm

If I order a coke give me a Coke don't give me a Pepsi. Pepsi is too sweet. Just tell me you don't have Coke so I can order something else.

Dont get me started on Soda V. Pop

/end of soap box
//for now
Ossessionato
MP3 500, Ducati ST4s, Honda Silver Wing
Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 2646
Location: Nomad currently in Placerville, CA
Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:06 pm quote
Hadantor wrote:
Dont get me on A&W, I think they've changed the beeping formula. The fountain A&W at the restaurant tastes like garbage. I am not sure if they use High Fructose Corn Syrup or Cane Sugar at the restaurant. My guess is cane sugar. It just taste awful.

Its like New Coke. Yeah Im almost 40 and remember the New Coke stink. Dont mess with a good thing. BTW nothing better than a Coke mixed correctly and cold. Mmmmmm

If I order a coke give me a Coke don't give me a Pepsi. Pepsi is too sweet. Just tell me you don't have Coke so I can order something else.

Dont get me started on Soda V. Pop

/end of soap box
//for now
Yeah I can't argue with you. I still buy 2 liter bottles; but it's not near as good as when I was a kid.
Ossessionato
MP3 400 / BV250
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 3802
Location: San Diego, California
Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:16 am quote
Question? How does a fuse block turn into a rootbeer? Post it here.
Molto Verboso
Red Mp 3 500
Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 1507
Location: Norman, Oklahoma. USA
Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:37 am quote
Can you saw oad. He wanted a beer
Veni, Vidi, Posti
RIP: MP3 500 - Brutto Moto
Joined: 10 Jun 2008
Posts: 5278
Location: Austin, TX
Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:26 pm quote
Hadantor wrote:
Dont get me on A&W, I think they've changed the beeping formula. The fountain A&W at the restaurant tastes like garbage. I am not sure if they use High Fructose Corn Syrup or Cane Sugar at the restaurant. My guess is cane sugar. It just taste awful.

Its like New Coke. Yeah Im almost 40 and remember the New Coke stink. Dont mess with a good thing. BTW nothing better than a Coke mixed correctly and cold. Mmmmmm

If I order a coke give me a Coke don't give me a Pepsi. Pepsi is too sweet. Just tell me you don't have Coke so I can order something else.

Dont get me started on Soda V. Pop

/end of soap box
//for now
It's the other way around - they are using HFCS here in the US when they used to use cane sugar. here in Texas they sell Mexican Cokes as a treat because they still use cane sugar in Mexico. It does in fact taste better.
Member
Gilera Fuoco 500
Joined: 10 Nov 2018
Posts: 18
Location: Silesia, POLAND
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:57 am quote
Hi
I've got something similar to powerhub


it will be installed close to fuses, under the battery cover in Fuoco.

I wonder just where to get the signal after the ignition (not after the key has been torn).
The signal from lights is best

But I wonder if I have something closer to the battery

If I wanted a signal after turning the key, I have a license plate backlight, but I would rather have the voltage after starting the engine

Maybe one of the cables going near the tank? I have everything on top at the moment
Your Rally Here   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.6137s ][ Queries: 25 (0.1820s) ][ Debug on ]