OP
UTC

1970 vespa douglas gtr 125

UTC quote
Took the gtr out for its big first ride of the year, after a complete set of new cables and a new old stock gear selector box. She's due to be resprayed in the summer 8)
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@brown_beret7 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@brown_beret7 avatar
1975 Vespa GTR 125, 1976 Vespa V90 (Resto), 2001 Vespa ET4 125 (Sold), 2009 Vespa GTS300 Super
UTC quote
Some nice pics there - happy dayz

Have you chosen the paint scheme for the GTR yet? (always interested as I consider the paint on mine for later this year)
OP
UTC

UTC quote
brown_beret7 wrote:
Some nice pics there - happy dayz

Have you chosen the paint scheme for the GTR yet? (always interested as I consider the paint on mine for later this year)
Cheers man 8)

Im not 100 percent dead set on colour as yet. Ill be spraying it myself to save on alot of expensive labour costs. I worked in the automotive paint spraying industry for a couple of years.

Im hoping to enter it into some customs shows so whatever scheme I choose will be very different to anything ive seen before.
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79
2 helmets, 2 jackets, 4 spark plugs, 2 rear bulbs, some bolts, a spring, an ET rear rack, clear indicators and half a can of unleaded, but no bike!

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
2 helmets, 2 jackets, 4 spark plugs, 2 rear bulbs, some bolts, a spring, an ET rear rack, clear indicators and half a can of unleaded, but no bike!
UTC quote
Wish I could get mine to start bud, Id join ya for a road run. Hate bloody sunshine when the bike is off the road.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Markysparx wrote:
Wish I could get mine to start bud, Id join ya for a road run. Hate bloody sunshine when the bike is off the road.
What's up with it pal?
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
I'd like to fill you in with it, but I only have 3.5 hours left at work, and probably wont finish in time...
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
I'll give it a quick go though. In brief (hopefully not read rude) points

2001 ET2 70cc

Exhaust rotted off before Christmas time so put on a sports Technigas exhaust. Instantly gave me some more umph

Then started bogging down, changed the jets had a play, did some plug chops, settled for an 84, boggish on start up and high revs but fine otherwise

Put on a 17.5mm Carb 2 weeks ago, the 12mm just werent big enough to handle the exhaust and 70 kit

Mechanic had put a 74 jet in, just about managed to get home, the worst ride ever, fine mid range, shit everything else, boggy and spluttering during "take off" shit uphill, cyclists would have passed me by the Lickeys if I had seen any.

New tax disc arrived, started her up, changed the tax disc over. Spluttered and conked out.

Now wont start, has the turning motion but not the final pull.

Took off the carb, cleaned out, changed the jet, put new fuel line on as it needed up grading, still nothing.

I aint got the time to mess with it, wifes getting frustrated with the time and money Im spending on it, think it may be going on fleabay if I dont pin-point the problem and can sort it in the time she's in the shower one day

The only thing I though MAY be wrong is the screw in the carb, not sure whether I have messed with it. Would this affect the start up though?

help me if you can...feel like Im drowning in the sorrow of no-vespa ness. And its bloody lovely weather here at the moment.

Ill stick a picture of the screw I mean on here!
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
for some reason I cant attach the picture.

Its the one on this thread

Machine Ridden may have Transmission Fault?
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Markysparx wrote:
I'll give it a quick go though. In brief (hopefully not read rude) points

2001 ET2 70cc

Exhaust rotted off before Christmas time so put on a sports Technigas exhaust. Instantly gave me some more umph

Then started bogging down, changed the jets had a play, did some plug chops, settled for an 84, boggish on start up and high revs but fine otherwise

Put on a 17.5mm Carb 2 weeks ago, the 12mm just werent big enough to handle the exhaust and 70 kit

Mechanic had put a 74 jet in, just about managed to get home, the worst ride ever, fine mid range, shit everything else, boggy and spluttering during "take off" shit uphill, cyclists would have passed me by the Lickeys if I had seen any.

New tax disc arrived, started her up, changed the tax disc over. Spluttered and conked out.

Now wont start, has the turning motion but not the final pull.

Took off the carb, cleaned out, changed the jet, put new fuel line on as it needed up grading, still nothing.

I aint got the time to mess with it, wifes getting frustrated with the time and money Im spending on it, think it may be going on fleabay if I dont pin-point the problem and can sort it in the time she's in the shower one day

The only thing I though MAY be wrong is the screw in the carb, not sure whether I have messed with it. Would this affect the start up though?

help me if you can...feel like Im drowning in the sorrow of no-vespa ness. And its bloody lovely weather here at the moment.

Ill stick a picture of the screw I mean on here!
I'm well familiar with this mate. A friend of mine had a speed fight 2 with a Leo Vinci exhaust and had the same problem from the get go... But it wasn't kitted. Awefull take off speed but when it got up to high revs it flew. He took it to read speed scooters in stourport, changed the jets and went for a lighter gram roller which if I remember rightly resolved the problem. Maybe changing the roller weight might sort it.

What garage have you taken it to? I would highly recommended read speed. Jerome is extremely knowledgeable and he gives sound advice
@markysparx avatar
UTC

Turnkey 79

Turnkey 79
@markysparx avatar
UTC quote
Redline in Northfield. some good lads there. Hopefully it'll get sorted soon. Although been recommended a few others too.

Problem is I may have to push it there!

Redline will only take 3 hours lol

Stourport about 3 weeks!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0834s ][ Queries: 14 (0.0556s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]