Official Cannonball 2014 thread.
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...2021222324Next
Author Message
Ossessionato
Vespa LX150 GTS250ie GTS300x2
Joined: 11 Dec 2009
Posts: 2068
Location: St. Pete, Fla
Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:16 am quote
I just rolled in. 8,558 miles on Big Red. Bagel did about 700 of those. Now I have to move this weekend. Will there ever be a day of rest?????
I will finish the blog in the next couple of days. Thank you all for you help and fun on this great adventure.
Sponsor
Granturismo 218
Joined: 04 Feb 2013
Posts: 6065
Location: NWAOK
Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:54 am quote
Re: Home !!!!!
lostboater wrote:
I just rolled in. 8,558 miles on Big Red. Bagel did about 700 of those. Now I have to move this weekend. Will there ever be a day of rest?????
I will finish the blog in the next couple of days. Thank you all for you help and fun on this great adventure.
that's a lot of riding on any bike. Good to hear you made it, and hope you get Big Red back to it's former glory soon.
Ossessionato
2009 MP3 500 - The Iridescent Chameleon, 2007 Yamaha Vino 125, 2016 Indian Scout Sixty
Joined: 18 Jun 2010
Posts: 2673
Location: Geneseo, IL (Quad City area)
Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:52 pm quote
Midnight Rider wrote:
cdwise wrote:
OAD made the NOLA Photo site in photo 2 http://photos.nola.com/tpphotos/2014/06/amerivespas_2014.html warning hope you have a pop-up blocker installed since they seem to want to add one every image.
Isn't that sticky's MP3?
Yes. And I believe that's him standing next to the bike on the other side. At least I think he has a white Shoei helmet...
Molto Verboso
GTS 250ie, GT 200 (cannonball scoot)
Joined: 05 Dec 2009
Posts: 1055
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:12 pm quote
We're still out here!

Dad and I only made it as far as Houston yesterday. We got a late start in the morning due to a sudden downpour while trying to load up the scoot. Then of course we had to stop at Cafe du Monde on our way out.
Now we are in Sonora TX.
One day... we'll both get back home. The thought of just ditching Dad at the next large airport and flying home has crossed my mind, but that would be a jerk move. We both just want to be able to sleep in our own beds for once. Dad even more so since he's been gone for almost a month and a half now!

Still need to figure out where I'm going to stash Old Whitey. Any volunteers? jk
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 21529
Location: Palatka, Florida
Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:34 pm quote
CubsKing99 wrote:
Midnight Rider wrote:
cdwise wrote:
OAD made the NOLA Photo site in photo 2 http://photos.nola.com/tpphotos/2014/06/amerivespas_2014.html warning hope you have a pop-up blocker installed since they seem to want to add one every image.
Isn't that sticky's MP3?
Yes. And I believe that's him standing next to the bike on the other side. At least I think he has a white Shoei helmet...
Yep that is me effing with my straps. Asked OAD to fix my airbox while he was down there. Didn't happen.
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 21529
Location: Palatka, Florida
Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:38 pm quote
yanobobano wrote:
We're still out here!

Dad and I only made it as far as Houston yesterday. We got a late start in the morning due to a sudden downpour while trying to load up the scoot. Then of course we had to stop at Cafe du Monde on our way out.
Now we are in Sonora TX.
One day... we'll both get back home. The thought of just ditching Dad at the next large airport and flying home has crossed my mind, but that would be a jerk move. We both just want to be able to sleep in our own beds for once. Dad even more so since he's been gone for almost a month and a half now!

Still need to figure out where I'm going to stash Old Whitey. Any volunteers? jk
I stopped at Cafe du Monde on my way out but the line was already down the sidewalk. Hope you get home. If you need a job reference to get funds let me know.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, BV 500, Buddy 125
Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 8107
Location: Houston, TX/Breckenridge, CO
Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:14 pm quote
yanobobano wrote:
We're still out here!

Dad and I only made it as far as Houston yesterday. We got a late start in the morning due to a sudden downpour while trying to load up the scoot. Then of course we had to stop at Cafe du Monde on our way out.
Now we are in Sonora TX.
One day... we'll both get back home. The thought of just ditching Dad at the next large airport and flying home has crossed my mind, but that would be a jerk move. We both just want to be able to sleep in our own beds for once. Dad even more so since he's been gone for almost a month and a half now!

Still need to figure out where I'm going to stash Old Whitey. Any volunteers? jk
No room in the Houston garage but you could stash him in Breckenridge. Had I known you only made it as far as Houston I'd have been glad to meet up with you again.
Addicted
nope
Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 817
Location: I'm going there, but I like it here, wherever this is.
Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:09 pm quote
yanobobano wrote:
We're still out here!
PM me if you're stopping in Vegas on your way westward. I can look at that computer issue you had and buy you & your dad a decent meal.
Molto Verboso
GTS 250ie, GT 200 (cannonball scoot)
Joined: 05 Dec 2009
Posts: 1055
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:11 pm quote
stickyfrog wrote:
I stopped at Cafe du Monde on my way out but the line was already down the sidewalk. Hope you get home. If you need a job reference to get funds let me know.
No line when we went. Must have gone at just the right time!

I might have to get a job just to get back home! haha
Ossessionato
GTS250
Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Posts: 3608
Location: Tempe, AZ
Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:25 pm quote
yanobobano wrote:
We're still out here!

Dad and I only made it as far as Houston yesterday. We got a late start in the morning due to a sudden downpour while trying to load up the scoot. Then of course we had to stop at Cafe du Monde on our way out.
Now we are in Sonora TX.
One day... we'll both get back home. The thought of just ditching Dad at the next large airport and flying home has crossed my mind, but that would be a jerk move. We both just want to be able to sleep in our own beds for once. Dad even more so since he's been gone for almost a month and a half now!

Still need to figure out where I'm going to stash Old Whitey. Any volunteers? jk
If you are coming through Phoenix I'd be happy to house OW. PM any time.
Molto Verboso
Honda SH 300
Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Posts: 1120
Location: MALTA
Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:00 pm quote
Having followed this thread and read lots of blogs etc. I have to say. Bloody well done to all involved.
Not having met any of you and looking at the photos I am most interested in how old some of you are. I am 67 and the thought of sitting on a scooter for 10 days or more, scares the crap out of me.
Is there a secret to riding such a long distance, and in some cases, just as many miles just to get, to and from the start and finish.
So please, let me know your age and how you coped.
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2006 Vespa GT (Crash): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 4320
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:56 am quote
terryvanman wrote:
Having followed this thread and read lots of blogs etc. I have to say. Bloody well done to all involved.
Not having met any of you and looking at the photos I am most interested in how old some of you are. I am 67 and the thought of sitting on a scooter for 10 days or more, scares the crap out of me.
Is there a secret to riding such a long distance, and in some cases, just as many miles just to get, to and from the start and finish.
So please, let me know your age and how you coped.
It is not scary at all. Nothing but fun.

And age doesn't matter either as we had one, LM15, who celebrated his 70th birthday on the last day. I have several riding buddies, one who turns 82 today who can ride with the best of them.

Then there are these two guys, shown on our ride from Jacksonville to Deals Gap and back last year. One is over 80, the other in the high 70's. Never any special attention to either one on long rides.

IMG_1039 (1024x768).jpg

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Lx 50 4T, GTS 250, S 150 (Missing in KS), Something Chinese, GT 200 (sold)
Joined: 21 Feb 2011
Posts: 8195
Location: KS USA
Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:01 am quote
Congratulations to all the CB'ers: Those who finished, the ones who made it to the start line, and the ones who had to stop in between. You are all the best inspiration to lonesome scooterists like me in a town with no scooter community..
Hooked
2009 GTS, 2013 Buddy, italjet Velocifero, yamahopper
Joined: 16 May 2007
Posts: 401
Location: Nor Cal
Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:54 am quote
This was my first Cannonball to ride, and hopefully not my last!

As I said in the Scooter Cannonball podcast, one of my main reasons for riding was the camaraderie, and that expectation was exceedingly well met!! Mornings and post-rides in the parking lots, breweries, and hotel lobbies were some of my favorite times!

I saw very few scooters on the road for some reason. I usually left with the early morning team of TeacherQuinn and Ericalm, and they left me behind pretty quickly. Thankfully on Day 2 I figured out how to use my Garmin. (On Day 1 I was constantly redirected back to Checkpoint 1, luckily the day was pretty easy navigation wise). Apparently when I made my one gas/pee stop, everybody passed me. Oh, I also stopped for picture taking, especially the first few days.

On Day 3 I opted to detour over to Lake Louise and Banff for a latte, surprised that nobody wanted to join me. Of course, that dropped me way down in the leaderboard.

Day 7 I broke down 23 miles outside of Dillon, and loaded up on the support truck (Maroy's folks, sharing backseat with Bagel). It turned out to be a very simple fix by feb31st (approx 17 seconds) but honestly, I appreciated a day of rest in the truck. Many said that was their toughest day, 11,000 foot Hoosier Pass was icy, then 50 mph gusting winds down in the flats. Fortunately, the next day when my spark plug wire popped off again, I knew how to fix it!!

To Terryvanman, I'm over 60, and I surprised myself with an ability to get outa bed every morning at 6, and ride all day. Glasseye had gifted me with a tin of Bawls, little caffeine mints, and I credit that with keeping me awake during my traditional nap times!!

I am honored to have shared the roads with all the other Cannonballers, and look forward to reading their blogs and looking at all the pics. 4 days in NOLA, one day traveling home (NorCal) and so far one day napping on the couch is all I've managed since completing my ride.

Thanks to all the MV'ers for all the encouragement and support. It meant a lot to all of us!
Addicted
‘09 Yamaha Zuma(sold), ‘06 Kymco People 250(sold), ’08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie, ‘09 Buddy Italia, ’06 Buddy
Joined: 20 Jan 2012
Posts: 902
Location: Denver
Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:53 am quote
I didn't realize how many folks I 'know' from here went!

I was so excited to see the final roster. It's really amazing what these things can do, and how awesome scooter riders are.
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2006 Vespa GT (Crash): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 4320
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:36 am quote
tupelosue wrote:
Glasseye had gifted me with a tin of Bawls, little caffeine mints, and I credit that with keeping me awake during my traditional nap times!!
As for sleeping while riding, after a very fun ride from Helena into Pinedale, the last 40 miles were quite boring. I found myself nodding off. The last time, I was in the oncoming lane when I woke up. Very scary! From that point in I looked like I was rowing in trying to exercise to stay awake.

As for the overall experience, it was a unique blend of riding fast, making new friends, eating, repairing, organizing, planning, communicating and trying to rest. It was intense, but as much fun as I have ever had.

I made some new friends who made the experience a great one. I hope to stay in touch with them through MV and other sources.
Ossessionato
Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Posts: 2017
Location: Palmdale, California
Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:49 am quote
Re: Home !!!!!
lostboater wrote:
I just rolled in. 8,558 miles on Big Red. Bagel did about 700 of those. Now I have to move this weekend. Will there ever be a day of rest?????
I will finish the blog in the next couple of days. Thank you all for you help and fun on this great adventure.
Glad you made it home!
Ossessionato
Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Posts: 2017
Location: Palmdale, California
Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:01 am quote
tupelosue wrote:
This was my first Cannonball to ride, and hopefully not my last!

As I said in the Scooter Cannonball podcast, one of my main reasons for riding was the camaraderie, and that expectation was exceedingly well met!! Mornings and post-rides in the parking lots, breweries, and hotel lobbies were some of my favorite times!

I saw very few scooters on the road for some reason. I usually left with the early morning team of TeacherQuinn and Ericalm, and they left me behind pretty quickly. Thankfully on Day 2 I figured out how to use my Garmin. (On Day 1 I was constantly redirected back to Checkpoint 1, luckily the day was pretty easy navigation wise). Apparently when I made my one gas/pee stop, everybody passed me. Oh, I also stopped for picture taking, especially the first few days.

On Day 3 I opted to detour over to Lake Louise and Banff for a latte, surprised that nobody wanted to join me. Of course, that dropped me way down in the leaderboard.

Day 7 I broke down 23 miles outside of Dillon, and loaded up on the support truck (Maroy's folks, sharing backseat with Bagel). It turned out to be a very simple fix by feb31st (approx 17 seconds) but honestly, I appreciated a day of rest in the truck. Many said that was their toughest day, 11,000 foot Hoosier Pass was icy, then 50 mph gusting winds down in the flats. Fortunately, the next day when my spark plug wire popped off again, I knew how to fix it!!

To Terryvanman, I'm over 60, and I surprised myself with an ability to get outa bed every morning at 6, and ride all day. Glasseye had gifted me with a tin of Bawls, little caffeine mints, and I credit that with keeping me awake during my traditional nap times!!

I am honored to have shared the roads with all the other Cannonballers, and look forward to reading their blogs and looking at all the pics. 4 days in NOLA, one day traveling home (NorCal) and so far one day napping on the couch is all I've managed since completing my ride.

Thanks to all the MV'ers for all the encouragement and support. It meant a lot to all of us!
Hey roomie! I loved traveling the roads with you. The only reason we left you behind was we knew you'd pass us at the next gas stop. You and your damn spare tank! It certainly was an amazing adventure.

I have never been so cold and so happy to drink a cup of hot coffee at the end of a day's ride. I had a heated vest and a jacket from Corazzo so my body stayed very warm but my hands were so cold! Guess I should have plugged them in, eh?

Rosie took a beating and I lost her tail light and my rear brakes. Thank you Bagel for letting us use your bike for random parts.

Thank you Matt and Mark for fixing the brakes and David for changing my oil. You all said you'd take care of me and you sure did. Much appreciated.

Will I do this again? Absolutely, if the timing is right!
Hooked
LX150, GT200
Joined: 23 Jul 2008
Posts: 365
Location: Queens, NY
Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:10 am quote
Home!
Well after 6,325 miles, three CVTs, one stator, one water pump, and a lot of help from my friends I am home. Thank you all for the memories. It has been fun! Edited to add, I lost 6 pounds this trip. Probably could have lost more if it wasn't for the NOLA food!



Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 21529
Location: Palatka, Florida
Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:05 pm quote
Glad you and Mr. Happy made it home. Epic trip for you with a cannonball and an ironbutt.
Sir Frets-A-Lot
Vespa GT250ie/L, Honda Ruckus 50, Honda NT700V, Honda CB125
Joined: 03 Nov 2005
Posts: 11198
Location: Bee eff eee.
Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:08 pm quote
Re: Home!
4n6iscool wrote:
Well after 6,325 miles, three CVTs, one stator, one water pump, and a lot of help from my friends I am home. Thank you all for the memories. It has been fun! Edited to add, I lost 6 pounds this trip. Probably could have lost more if it wasn't for the NOLA food!



Kick ass, man. Good job!
Hooked
2013 Honda NC700XD; 2014 Honda Forza 300;2008 Piaggio BV250ie
Joined: 01 Aug 2011
Posts: 259
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:14 pm quote
Finished the 2014 Scooter Cannonball in New Orleans with very few problems.

My Piaggio BV250ie ran flawlessly (thanks to the great preparation help from Joe and Vicktor at Vespa-Ft. Lauderdale who donated their time and the shop after hours).

The only problems I encountered was a cracked windscreen from the first dirt/travel road section, loosen battery terminal connections (sidelined me for a while in Pueblo, CO) that I was able to tighten backup and a right rear shock bolt on the bottom swingarm connection that somehow came loose and dropped off. I discovered this in Norman, OK (Go Sooners!).

However, right across the street from the Super 8 Event Hotel was a Yamaha dealer and they gave me the correct size nut and two washers.

For any that maybe interested, I found that the Hot Grips (that OaD recommended) were a must have, at least for me used to South Florida temperatures.

I had a second fuse block which powered the Hot Grips, Steibel horn, Garmin GPS mount, and a Marinco 12 volt receptacle for the iPhone.

I ran Dr. Pulley rollers (21x17x11) and stock Piaggio sliders.
I ran with the stock Piaggio drive belt.
I did install the white Malossi clutch spring with the red plastic setting ring.
I installed aftermarket adjustable nitrogen filled rear shocks with adjustable springs. OaD ran a set of these also. I got them off of eBay and am pleased with them. I am ordering a set for my MP3-500.
I ran with an Akrapovic slip-on, which made changing the rear wheel much easier and with the stock exhaust and it is lighter also.
I carried a 2 gal. RotopaX for gas and used it several times to refuel when I had gone out of range of filling stations.

For tires I started with Heidenau K66 front and rear. I had a second set of rims mounted with Pirelli Diablos. In Norman, OK, the rear K66 was swapped out for the Diablo and my rear K66 was given to G-Man as a rear replacement and it took him into NOLA without a problem.

I left the front K66 on and rode it into New Orleans and on to Ft. Lauderdale with wear to spare. I give great accolades to the Heidenau K66 tire, it served superbly in the wet, dry,snow and icy roads and on the tight mountain curves, the flat land straights and on the 100 or so miles of rought dirt/gravel roads.

The fastest I recorded was 87mph GPS down a long mountain straight and the rev limiter kicked in at that point. I did not push the scoot for a podium finish and in retrospect could have spent less time fueling up. However, I picked up a terrible chest cold coming off the plane in Prince George, B.C. and was not feeling as well as I usually do.

So for my first SCR, I finished and then rode the BV250 back to Ft. Lauderdale.

Hmm, SCR 2016....well I learned alot of things, met some wonderful people who participated and saw some magnificent countryside on this ride and at 70 I hope I still have one or two more in me! (I will only be two years older for the next one )
Hooked
Joined: 03 Jul 2007
Posts: 145
Location: BayArea
Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:35 pm quote
Man ya'll home already, I'll still have to do a cannonball from the Keys to the BayArea.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, BV 500, Buddy 125
Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 8107
Location: Houston, TX/Breckenridge, CO
Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:11 am quote
I've started putting up some of the videos taken with our quadcopter at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7kg1C9912L-_Ozw7ObC6SQ
Hyder Start:

I'll add others as they are ready.
Addicted
GTS, PX125E, P200
Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 997
Location: New Orleans
Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:23 am quote
That is pretty friggin cool, Cheryl. Can't wait to see the others.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, BV 500, Buddy 125
Joined: 05 Apr 2008
Posts: 8107
Location: Houston, TX/Breckenridge, CO
Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:29 am quote
NOLa John wrote:
That is pretty friggin cool, Cheryl. Can't wait to see the others.
Thanks, Steve only filmed a few times with the copter but there will be a few more. George was the last one to leave the "official" start though I believe a few others did a restart after coffee, breakfast, glitch sort out (gear or whatever).
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2006 Vespa GT (Crash): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 4320
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:06 am quote
cdwise wrote:
NOLa John wrote:
That is pretty friggin cool, Cheryl. Can't wait to see the others.
Thanks, Steve only filmed a few times with the copter but there will be a few more. George was the last one to leave the "official" start though I believe a few others did a restart after coffee, breakfast, glitch sort out (gear or whatever).
I started twice. The first one stopped when I saw numerous scooters and a truck at the border checkpoint. I returned to the start point and waited until at least five minutes had passed since the last scooter and found a vacant checkpoint. What a day!
Molto Verboso
GTS 250ie, GT 200 (cannonball scoot)
Joined: 05 Dec 2009
Posts: 1055
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:17 am quote
Dabinche, don't worry, I'm not anywhere close to being home either.

Last night we stayed in Roswell, NM. By coincidence, we ended up staying at the Days Inn which was the official hotel here in 2012. So this morning we'll see part of the ride the CBers did the last time. (Btw, this Days Inn has the worst coffee ever, but it was free so *shrugs*)
Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 21529
Location: Palatka, Florida
Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:28 am quote
yanobobano wrote:
Dabinche, don't worry, I'm not anywhere close to being home either.

Last night we stayed in Roswell, NM. By coincidence, we ended up staying at the Days Inn which was the official hotel here in 2012. So this morning we'll see part of the ride the CBers did the last time. (Btw, this Days Inn has the worst coffee ever, but it was free so *shrugs*)
Still haven't found any good coffee?
World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
Joined: 02 Jul 2006
Posts: 29304

Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:33 am quote
Yano do the traffic cones still look like UFO'S? Did some rehab time there. Not that type. 6 weeks at the rehab center after my Mexico crash in my car. Cool town. Safe travels. If you want good coffee come home.
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2006 Vespa GT (Crash): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 4320
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:32 am quote
yanobobano wrote:
Dabinche, don't worry, I'm not anywhere close to being home either.
Binh is staying with me tonight.

He is riding I-95 from Key Largo to Jacksonville, 400 miles, on his little Honda.
Molto Verboso
GTS 250ie, GT 200 (cannonball scoot)
Joined: 05 Dec 2009
Posts: 1055
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:55 am quote
Sticky- the coffee was pretty much water. It said medium roast, perhaps it once was. Haha We are in Ruidoso, just past the horse racetrack at a very cool looking classic diner Denny's and they at least have a decent cup.

Judy- didn't see any UFO shaped traffic cones. Actually I didn't see any traffic cones. I kind of expected more alien themed stuff, but it was a pretty normal town.
Addicted
GTS 250
Joined: 29 Jul 2008
Posts: 588
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:41 pm quote
The scooter made it home safe, Re: Ironbutt No4 Thanks Bill Dog!

froggieposition accompanied him today on the trip from Maryland... and Matt 4n6, picked him up at my place... I believe they are meeting ScootChef tonight for a snack in Brooklyn.

10500472_10102283808606162_5375110259050038365_n.jpg

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 (sold) MP3 500 (current)
Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 21529
Location: Palatka, Florida
Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:57 pm quote
Great pic. Thanks for the update. Bill's longest vehicle delivery perhaps?
The Beer Guy
2010 GTS 300 Super and 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650 LT
Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Posts: 4744
Location: Nelson County, VA
Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:02 pm quote
yanobobano wrote:
Sticky- the coffee was pretty much water. It said medium roast, perhaps it once was. Haha We are in Ruidoso, just past the horse racetrack at a very cool looking classic diner Denny's and they at least have a decent cup.

Judy- didn't see any UFO shaped traffic cones. Actually I didn't see any traffic cones. I kind of expected more alien themed stuff, but it was a pretty normal town.
You didn't see the McDonald's shaped like a flying saucer?

Then there was this gem of a place.

roswell.jpg

Banned
Benelli TNT 125/Benelli Leoncino 500. I don't care. You can quote me.
Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 17799
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:54 pm quote
visit
Yes had an hour or so with Scoot Chef in New York on the way to the airport this evening.

Here now trying to get some sleep before my flight home tomorrow.

Nite all.

Birreh !
Enthusiast
Three, count 'em—three, Vespa 300s a bunch of other scooters.
Joined: 21 Jan 2013
Posts: 95
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:24 am quote
Just got a text message from Binh. He's on the way from Jacksonville to bunk with us in Pensacola tonight!
Ossessionato
2006 Vespa GT (Rocket): 2005 Vespa GT (Razzo): 2006 Vespa GT (Crash): 2007 Vespa GT (Vanessa): 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Zoom): 2018 Yamaha Xmax (Max),
Joined: 26 Sep 2006
Posts: 4320
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:35 am quote
jamisea wrote:
Just got a text message from Binh. He's on the way from Jacksonville to bunk with us in Pensacola tonight!
I had a nice visit with Binh last night and today. Glad to hear he is underway again after a valve adjustment. It must all be working well.

IMG_3249[1].JPG

Banned
Benelli TNT 125/Benelli Leoncino 500. I don't care. You can quote me.
Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 17799
Location: South East Great England of Britishland
Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:57 pm quote
See above
Glad I could get could get it back to you as promised David.

I like to deliver.

Big thanks to Froggyposition for riding out with me and bringing a nav which did an amazing job.

The rain tried to dampen our spirits but failed.

Thanks for the drive back to the city Matt.

Bill xxx
Hooked
Elite GTS li150 HOG
Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 387
Location: Galveston, Texas
Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:11 pm quote
edit

Last edited by montliz on Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...2021222324Next
[ Time: 0.1984s ][ Queries: 27 (0.0615s) ][ Debug on ]