Sprint / Primavera 150 Information exchange group...
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...32333435Next
Enthusiast
Primavera 125 3v Liberty ABS125 3v
Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:04 am quote
bigloveben wrote:

Just half a day into using the newly installed performance, I am slap with a broken piston. that sums up the parts quality of the manfacturer.
Is it a broken ring or a broken piston? Iím sorry for the results.
You mentioned itís not worth the money for the power increase...
How much did it cost you? From where did you purchased it?

Thanks, take care.
Enthusiast
Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:16 am quote
bigloveben wrote:

Hi, I from Kuala Lumpur and wanted to share the experience of this bore up kit and camshaft from Kawahara and the fuel adjuster from iquteche Indonesia. From the experience, the cylinders need to shave as it sit above the block during installation, the fuel adjuster is a sensitive piggyback if fiddled with it. It will cause the bike not to start. I am facing a host of problems after the installation. I did not bring the bike to dyno, after installation so the fuel adjustment is a problem. The sellers are somehow responsive when it comes to trouble shooting. I do feel the surge in power for my initial test but I think with the problems, the bore up are not worth the money. Let me get the problem sort out further, if it is unreliable, I will revert back to the original setup. Members, if you have similar problems with malossi kits or kawahara, please share and comment.
Another question. From the same country (Indonesia) there is another brand called ďUltra speed racingĒ that also makes bore up kits. Do you have any info about them? Did you choose Kawahara for any reason? Both seem to be economic compared to Malossi or Polini in Europe but if they break soon they could be not worthy...
Thanks again.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:12 pm quote
Can you upload the photos directly to MV rather than using photobucket please?
lx150 now primavera
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:52 pm quote
znomit, you cannot see the pictures?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:59 pm quote
bigloveben wrote:
They are low quality and have a watermark. Have to click through to PB to see them properly. Who has time for that?
lx150 now primavera
Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:00 am quote
pics removed.

Hi, I from Kuala Lumpur and wanted to share the experience of this bore up kit and camshaft from Kawahara and the fuel adjuster from iquteche Indonesia. From the experience, the cylinders need to shave as it sit above the block during installation, the fuel adjuster is a sensitive piggyback if fiddled with it. It will cause the bike not to start. I am facing a host of problems after the installation. I did not bring the bike to dyno, after installation so the fuel adjustment is a problem. The sellers are somehow responsive when it comes to trouble shooting. I do feel the surge in power for my initial test but I think with the problems, the bore up are not worth the money. Let me get the problem sort out further, if it is unreliable, I will revert back to the original setup. Members, if you have similar problems with malossi kits or kawahara, please share and comment.[/quote]

Another question. From the same country (Indonesia) there is another brand called ďUltra speed racingĒ that also makes bore up kits. Do you have any info about them? Did you choose Kawahara for any reason? Both seem to be economic compared to Malossi or Polini in Europe but if they break soon they could be not worthy...
Thanks again.[/quote]

I have found USR racing brand. Kawahara appeals more as they seem to be preferred by online sellers and distributors. SO I go with them. It is indeed not worthy, I may have not observed the break in after installation but then again, it is not reliable. the solutions after that was, rebore the block from 62 to 64mm, add in a 64mm forged piston, then everything seems quite nice.

It is possible it seems to take the original block and bore up then replace a bigger piston to increase the CC . then buy any ecu to make it work. do check with your mechanic if he is capable or not.

as for now, I am breaking in the engine, I can say, it is fruitful having so easy to gain speed and acceleration though yet to run it on top speed.
lx150 now primavera
Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:01 am quote
znomit wrote:
bigloveben wrote:
They are low quality and have a watermark. Have to click through to PB to see them properly. Who has time for that?
Can guide how to post pic directly?
Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190, Primavera
Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:44 am quote
bigloveben wrote:
znomit wrote:
bigloveben wrote:
Can guide how to post pic directly?
Sure.
FAQ: How do I upload a photo?
Ossessionato
LXV 150 3v ie. Midnight Blue (Sold)
Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:53 am quote
Did you buy the expensive version of Iquteche with the pre-installed Vespa plugs?
It is supposed to come with set-up advice. Are you using their dongle or a PC cable?

I was also told to go with 62mm for everyday use. So now it maybe 64? Or not.
Hooked
2016 Sprint 150
Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:42 am quote
different front shock mount on 2016 Sprint 150
Still waiting to buy with the pandemic shutdown, and I noticed the different front lower shock mount which changed in the newer years. Any reason for the change?
Enthusiast
Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:35 am quote
Re: different front shock mount on 2016 Sprint 150
Tweetie73 wrote:
Still waiting to buy with the pandemic shutdown, and I noticed the different front lower shock mount which changed in the newer years. Any reason for the change?
Talking about shocks... Iím looking for a performance shock which does not has thread adjustment. They are considered racing items here so I will not pass the mandatory two year check. Iíd need to ďhomologateĒ it, and I do not want to go through it.
Any suggestion? I have a 2014 Primavera 125 3v.
Thanks
lx150 now primavera
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:57 pm quote
waspmike wrote:
Did you buy the expensive version of Iquteche with the pre-installed Vespa plugs?
It is supposed to come with set-up advice. Are you using their dongle or a PC cable?

The iquteche installation is rather easy. only require to cut 1 wire. for settings I have done so using manual, have not attached to any phone or pc yet. when you get them, I can share you some pics.

the pop and bang on my akrapovic is gone after the iquteche installed.
very pleasant. To do it cheaper , use your original block and bore to 64, confirm with your foremen.
Enthusiast
Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:01 am quote
bigloveben wrote:
waspmike wrote:

The iquteche installation is rather easy. only require to cut 1 wire. for settings I have done so using manual, have not attached to any phone or pc yet. when you get them, I can share you some pics.

the pop and bang on my akrapovic is gone after the iquteche installed.
very pleasant. To do it cheaper , use your original block and bore to 64, confirm with your foremen.
Are there 64 mm pistons available separatedly? From who?
Ossessionato
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:10 am quote
bigloveben wrote:
when you get them, I can share you some pics.
OK will let you know.

I would also like to know where the 64mm pistons are available but will also ask my Indo. contact. It is the 14mm pin that is the concern.

Did you change camshaft?
Hooked
2016 Sprint 150
Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:11 pm quote
New, for me, 2016 Sprint 150
First Vespa. Really first scooter. Gave it a going over and polish. Have done several short rides. It's a Hoot!!!

Art

P1010007.JPG

Addicted
2016 Sprint S 150 (his), 2016 Sprint 150 Blu Gaiola (hers), 2006 GTS 250 Excalibur Gray (hers), 2006 GTS 250 Black (his), 2012 GTS 300 Daring Plum (he
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:55 am quote
Art - beautiful looking scooter!
Hooked
2016 Sprint 150
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:50 am quote
Valve check
When I went to get the used Vespa, the dealer could not verify that a first service had been done by the original owner. Being 3 to 4 years old they did do an oil change and put in a new battery. Oil definitely looked new. The engine compartment was a bit dirty but not overly so and it ran great.
To ease my mind about it's condition I decided to check the valve. Biggest time consuming item was removing the factory hose clamps off the crankcase breather. Their design has to be for rapid assembly. Anyway the valve trane is impressive, quality throughout. And the valves were all exactly to spec.
Glad to see the details of the Valves and makes me feel good about the purchase.

Art
Hooked
2018 Sprint 150
Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:33 pm quote
Good lookin Scoot
That yellow looks great!! Need to put my green Sprint next to it. Lemon Lime.
Hooked
2016 Sprint 150
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:11 pm quote
So many great Vespa colors
Got in some 2 lane highway miles today. After more than 50 years of riding all types of motorcycle sport and standard models and off road motorcycles, the Vespa has good manners and does demand respect. It's performance meets the local traffic flow. I'm happy at 50 mph but find it will cruise at 55 to 60 mph as needed.
Hooked
Primavera 150
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:50 am quote
Re: So many great Vespa colors
Tweetie73 wrote:
Got in some 2 lane highway miles today. After more than 50 years of riding all types of motorcycle sport and standard models and off road motorcycles, the Vespa has good manners and does demand respect. It's performance meets the local traffic flow. I'm happy at 50 mph but find it will cruise at 55 to 60 mph as needed.
Your top speed will increase if you put a small windshield on it. You will also spend less time at wide open throttle (WOT).
Hooked
2016 Sprint 150
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:53 am quote
Have not needed WOT. Most drivers on my favorite roads drive the 55 mph limit or slower. I guess my whole riding attitude has changed. Still like the curves and the Vespa does those pretty good for it's short wheelbase and small tires.

Art
Lurker
Primavera 150 (2018)
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:08 am quote
New to Vespa and this forum. Great to see thereís a local community dedicated to us Primaveraís.

Qq for the group - is there a channel/forum specific to insurance? I searched around but got 100ís of hits. Really looking to understand what the avg insurance most folks pay and whether to go full coverage. Thanks!!!

C1EA8EE9-A0CD-441D-997C-08270E38F943.jpeg

Ossessionato
BV350, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
Location: The Twin Cities of Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Minnesota
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:36 am quote
Insurance is very much dependent on where you live. If you add your location in your profile you'll get better answers.

Oops sorry. Didn't notice the Cal plate in the picture. Put your location in anyway. People like to know.
Lurker
Primavera 150 (2018)
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:47 am quote
Sure, Iíve updated that.
Veni, Vidi, Posti
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:08 pm quote
I used to live in San Jose from 2004-2016. Rode scooters there starting in 2007...I used Geico at the time, and now I am with Amica Mutual Ins. Co. I canít remember the rates exactly, but it wasnít bad, as far as I can recall.
Hooked
Primavera 150
Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:59 pm quote
OK, I live in CA and have a 2016 Primavera.

I'm old.
No tickets for years.
My insurance is bundled with my home insurance.
My policy covers 5 cars and the Vespa.
Liability only on the scooter.

All of the above is why your question is difficult to answer. There are a lot of variables.

That being said, I pay $134 a year for the scooter.
Lurker
Primavera 150 (2018)
Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:08 pm quote
Thanks thatís helpful. I wasnít looking for an appleS to apples comp but a general idea of what folks pay. Yeah I got quoted about $500 for full coverage from progressive but seemed ridiculously high. Iím in the San Jose area.
Hooked
Primavera 150
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:06 pm quote
I wouldn't get comprehensive insurance unless I used the scooter to commute to work. I did, but have since retired. I'm a cheap bastard now. Well, I always was, I guess.
Hooked
2016 Sprint 150
Fri May 01, 2020 3:29 pm quote
Two up on the Sprint 150
Just throwing this out for those considering the small frame and the 150 engine. I'm 6 ft 1 in and weigh 180 lb, the mate is 5 ft 2 in and weighs 120 lb. We only want to get out locally for rides generally under 40 miles.
The Sprint 150 is proving up to the task. Didn't even adjust the shock off the first setting and mirrors didn't need any adjustment. The wife had no desire to ride passenger on the last several motorcycles I've owned. The Vespa she likes. Reasonable to get on with the step through design and she reports it seem to handle through the curves good.
I'm not trying to compare it to the bigger Vespa models. Just trying to say within the small engine performance it does pretty good.
Really glad to be a Vespa owner.

Art
Enthusiast
Fri May 01, 2020 11:45 pm quote
Re: Two up on the Sprint 150/Primavera 125
Tweetie73 wrote:
Just throwing this out for those considering the small frame and the 150 engine. I'm 6 ft 1 in and weigh 180 lb, the mate is 5 ft 2 in and weighs 120 lb. We only want to get out locally for rides generally under 40 miles.
The Sprint 150 is proving up to the task. Didn't even adjust the shock off the first setting and mirrors didn't need any adjustment. The wife had no desire to ride passenger on the last several motorcycles I've owned. The Vespa she likes. Reasonable to get on with the step through design and she reports it seem to handle through the curves good.
I'm not trying to compare it to the bigger Vespa models. Just trying to say within the small engine performance it does pretty good.
Really glad to be a Vespa owner.

Art
I do agree with you! The combined weight of my mate and me is also around 300 pounds, but our Primavera is 125 instead of 150 as per European style. Iím happy most of the time with the performance (although I have about one hp less than you) but would like to have a bit more on hills and sometimes when caught into dense traffic.
That is my interest about upgrading the power kit but keeping the small vespa frame.
Iíd like to come up with an exchange of information with people who has done the upgrade. Iím a bit afraid of making the investment and not getting enough improvement.
What do people think about it?
Thanks
Hooked
2016 Sprint 150
Sat May 02, 2020 5:48 am quote
The 125 model isn't sold here in the Vespa but is in Piaggio. I guess it's due to the lack of license tier. I have not compared the differences in motors. If the FI can adjust would be a big question.
Ossessionato
Sat May 02, 2020 6:12 am quote
I'm no expert but if you look at whats available in increased capacity kits the 3v engine it is limited to about 63mm which gives about 185cc. Worth having if one has a 125 but not really sure about upgrading a 150 vs money.

I believe the conservative increase is because the 3v engine has only a 14mm gudgeon/wrist pin. Compared to the pre-3v ET4$ two valve engine with a 15mm pin which has a bigger increase kit.

Then we come to adjusting the fuelling. Malossi Force Master seems to have dropped off the radar. I believe this is due to modern bikes like i-Get being Euro4 emissions compliant compared to original 3Vie which is Euro3.

Yes you can still get extra grunt but not necessarily the old increase capacity route.

Someone please shoot me down and contradict everything i believe.

Last edited by waspmike on Fri May 08, 2020 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Hooked
2016 Sprint 150
Sat May 02, 2020 6:35 am quote
Just looked at a totalmotorcycle.com review of the 2018 Primavera 125 and they compare the difference in the 150. Stroke is the same with the 125 having a smaller bore. HP on the 150 peaks at a lower rpm. Seems if just going for the extra 25 cc's you would get a reasonable increase for low rpm power. Just a guess.
I have a 125 Beta four stroke dual sport and a few owners increased the cc's with a bore kit and almost all said the benefit was in low rpm power.

Art
2020 Primavera 150 Touring
Thu May 07, 2020 9:53 am quote
Is it worth putting 12.5g Malossi variator weights into a Primavera 150? I'm interested in faster acceleration, but don't want to lose any top-end speed.
Ossessionato
Thu May 07, 2020 10:26 am quote
prima_racer wrote:
Is it worth putting 12.5g Malossi variator weights into a Primavera 150? I'm interested in faster acceleration, but don't want to lose any top-end speed.
I did that with my '19 Primavera. I think acceleration improved a little, but nothing that will make you say "Wow!!". Just a little more pull up to about 30 mph. It made no difference at the top end.
2020 Primavera 150 Touring
Thu May 07, 2020 7:53 pm quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
prima_racer wrote:
I did that with my '19 Primavera. I think acceleration improved a little, but nothing that will make you say "Wow!!". Just a little more pull up to about 30 mph. It made no difference at the top end.
Thanks. Sounds like it's not worth prioritizing anytime soon.
Hooked
2020 Sprint S 125, 2015 Ducati Scrambler Icon 800, 2017 Ninja 650
Sat May 09, 2020 5:37 am quote
Battery tender lead
Hi guys finally have ordered a Vespa Sprint S and wanted to know what you guys do regards hooking up to a battery tender. On my motorcycles I have the tender leads hooked up to battery and then run them to a location to which I can have easy access but is this possible on the Sprint? Not keen on having to constantly remove the Vespa battery cover to gain access.

Any ideas or pics welcome
Ossessionato
Sat May 09, 2020 5:48 am quote
TC3 wrote:
Hi guys finally have ordered a Vespa Sprint S and wanted to know what you guys do regards hooking up to a battery tender. On my motorcycles I have the tender leads hooked up to battery and then run them to a location to which I can have easy access but is this possible on the Sprint? Not keen on having to constantly remove the Vespa battery cover to gain access.

Any ideas or pics welcome
Ride frequently and you won't need the tender!
Ossessionato
Sat May 09, 2020 6:18 am quote
Connect a lead to the battery using a heated vest type connector and leave the connector loose in the pet carrier (under seat bin)

Then plug the Tender that way.

Hooked
2016 Sprint 150
Sat May 09, 2020 6:23 am quote
The Sprint I purchased had a battery tender lead on it, which was routed to the underside and hanging there. I zip tied it to the back of a tube to secure it.
Seems a lot of people buy scooters and don't ride them much when you see used ones 4 to ten years old with less than a thousand miles on them.

Art
Cross Egypt Challenge - A 2400km ride throughout Egypt   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Cool Ass scooter seat cover
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...32333435Next
[ Time: 0.2137s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0489s) ][ Debug on ]