Sprint / Primavera 150 Information exchange group...
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...333435
2015 Vespa Primavera 150 3V
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:42 pm quote
Hi Y'all - Hope everyone is having a great start to the New Year.

This is the first year I am riding my 2015 Vespa Primavera 150 year round. I'm located in NYC and due to the pandemic, not really interested in traveling by train for the foreseeable future so I've been venturing out in the cold with my Primavera as geared up as I can be to stay warm.

I have been searching for months for a windshield for the Vespa Primavera that can be installed without having to remove the US pod turn signals. I found one, the Cuppini large shield, but when I ordered online they sent me the wrong hardware and I eventually had to send it back. Since then I've been unable to locate ANY shield that I can confirm fits without having to take the turn signals off and this shield doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere else.

Does anyone have any leads or guidance on this? I would really like to put a shield on in attempt to mitigate some of the bitter cold wind in the next few months but it seems like there just isn't a market for these shields if I don't take off the pod signals.

Appreciate the help of this trustworthy and knowledgeable group!

Best,
S
Addicted
2010 S50 Modified "Punkin"; 2003 ET4 Malossi 187 "ISO"
Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:56 pm quote
Greetings:

If you decide to commute, pay very close attention to the weather forecast. A snowstorm, or worse - freezing rain - could leave your scooter stuck at the office for weeks. Speaking from experience as a former Montrealer, unless you mount ice-racing tires, you NEVER want to ride on any road that has the slightest chance of ice accumulation.

Maybe your question is worth a phone call to ScooterPartsCo or ScooterWest?
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:13 pm quote
Thanks for the response. I won't be riding in any kind of inclement weather outside of it just being cold. Usually stay off the road if its wet or has been snowing. Its just the cold I'm trying to beat out!

I suspect you are right that I would find the quickest answer by calling either of those shops directly. They are usually very clear on their website what shields don't work with the pod signals (which is all of them that they are selling as far as I can tell). I am hoping someone on here may have anecdotal evidence that there is a shield that can be used with the pods even if it says you can't. I think that's my last hope at this point. Outside of removing the pods, which, well, I can do but I know I'm not supposed to. I believe they are there to meet US traffic standards - as ugly as they are.
Hooked
Primavera 150
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:15 pm quote
Vespa and Piaggio windscreens fit. I put the small Vespa screen on my 150 while it still had pods. No problems at all.

https://www.scooterwest.com/small-tinted-flyscreen-vespa-sprint-sp30pa-sm.html

I would think most US dealers should be able to help. Order over the phone so that you can talk to them about your concerns.
Hooked
Vespa Sprint 150ABS
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:22 pm quote
Check out this thread. The second post explains how to fit the Faco twin screen without having to remove the pods. I have the Faco on my 2016 Sprint and I am very happy with it. But I did remove the pods and replaced then with the ScooterWest euro light kit.
Primavera windscreen?
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:08 am quote
Thanks all!!
Thanks pokeyjoe - I have to check out the Vespa and Piaggio ones - they are typically wildly more expensive so I'v been ignoring them but may not have a choice.

Thanks fergy - I've seen that post before too. The anecdote is about the Sprint so just have a fear that while that worked for the Sprint it won't for the Primavera. Was hoping someone has done it for the Primavera with success but realize this is a long shot.

I definitely need to call the retailers and see if I can get some more info.

Thanks again to everyone who has responded thus far, really helpful stuff.

Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:32 pm quote
DavidHobby wrote:
My bike is occasionally sputtering while still cold and/or stalling at a stop light. The evap system has been on my list of things to consider. Only thing is, might make it difficult to sell as it might not pass inspection in my state.
The evap system in these scooters is quite reliable and unlikely to be the cause of your stalling.

It's more likely to be the cam sprocket counterweight thingy.. see in this video below at the timestamp I linked. The video is about the malossi kit but he just happens to go over the stalling issue.

https://youtu.be/KdBThWyty74?t=2322
Land of 10,000 Scoots Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> General Discussion Previous123...333435
[ Time: 0.1495s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0544s) ][ Debug on ]