OP
UTC

MP3 500

MP3 500
UTC quote
Any recommendations for Piaggio mechanics in Seattle area? I bought my bike out of town (PDX) so looking for a local mechanic.
@maksor avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie

Ossessionato
@maksor avatar
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
UTC quote
invite me Clown emoticon
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
Big People Scooters/Vespa of Seattle is the local Piaggio dealer. Moto International is the Aprilia dealer and can handle most Piaggio mechanical stuff, but I doubt they are MP3 savvy.
@peps avatar
UTC

MP3 400 | LX150

@peps avatar
MP3 400 | LX150
UTC quote
Hey jtechico, glad to hear you're scooting in Seattle!

I personally prefer to take a little ride up to Lynnwood to take my LX150 and MP3 400 to the dealer up there. There is a large bike compound that goes by the names of Triumph of Seattle, Vespa Lynnwood, and/or Cycle Barn. It's a three story building with scooters on the top floor, motorcycles of all flavors on the second, and the service department on the first. It's owned by the nicest rider you'll meet named Garrett and is a great place to be.

I prefer going there over Big People/Vespa Seattle because they have many techs in a larger shop versus just one tech at Seattle, so it's easier to get on their schedule, and it's much more service customer friendly. If you want to hang out while your service is done you can go up to the third floor with Danielle in the scooter showroom (DANGER!) where they have couches and wifi available. Or if it's really quick you can stay on the first floor with Michelle and kick it with the shop dog. And of course, if it's your style, you can even go across the parking lot to the big HD dealer to take a look around there, too.

If you have other Seattle questions or want to get connected to the riding groups/clubs around, let me know! I would love to roll with another three wheeler.

Cheers,
Peps
@seattle_jc avatar
UTC

MP3 500

@seattle_jc avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
Although I take my scoot to Big People's Scooters in SODO, I can't exactly give them a glowing recommendation. They do good work, but they are extremely disorganized.

Appointments are penciled in on a desk calendar. Last December, I was told that they could not make an appointment for me in January because they did not purchase a 2014 calendar yet! I am not joking.

Oh lordly, don't even check your bike in for service with "the sales guy". There is no guarantee that the all the work requested will get back to the mechanic. They sometimes forget to scribble the job details down on the desk calendar when you call in for the appointment, so you have to remind them when you show up. Once, when one of the things that I had requested for the service did not get addressed, I was chastised by Victor, "you shouldn't have told the sales guy [when you checked in the bike], he doesn't know anything. Next time let one of us know." --- Please note that I was there right after they opened for the day and the sales guy was the only person in the building.

After replacing my steering column after 14,000 miles, Victor informed me that "you really need to get those greased every 6,000 miles."

"Why was this not addressed when you did my 6,000 mile service?" I asked.

"Well, it' not part of the service schedule".

I would have happily paid extra for them to grease steering column if I thought that it would have prevented the dreaded notch problem. Why wasn't this option proposed to me If was a known issue to them? This is what I mean by disorganized... this is something that should get done every 6,000 miles and it was a 6,000 miles service... do the math.
@peps avatar
UTC

MP3 400 | LX150

@peps avatar
MP3 400 | LX150
UTC quote
I am biting my tongue on sharing the experiences that drove me (pun intended) to switch to Vespa Lynnwood.

Let's focus on the positive, though! Garrett, Michelle, Danielle, and everyone else at Vespa Lynnwood are attentive, thorough, computer literate ( ), and I'm fully confident in referring anyone there for service or their next purchase. And if you would like to join the Vespa Club of Seattle (open to everyone, no matter what they ride) you'll learn about all of the cool events Vespa Lynnwood puts on for us, get discounts, win raffle prizes, and more.

PS - I swear I don't work for them. Just a very happy customer!
OP
UTC

MP3 500

MP3 500
UTC quote
Thanks for the recommendations everyone! Drove up to Lynnwood this past weekend for 650mi service. Got a pic with "Scooter" the dog and they fixed the tilt lock sensor under warranty!
@peps avatar
UTC

MP3 400 | LX150

@peps avatar
MP3 400 | LX150
UTC quote
So happy to hear! The shop dogs are awesome, makes a great experience even more fun.

Glad to hear you're adding the miles!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0554s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0289s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]