@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2008 MP3 500, 2013 BV350, 2020 Vespa Sei Giorni, 2008 Vespa S150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
Still have the MP3 500 but the BV350 will be getting ridden the most. It is a beautiful riding scooter, light, very flickable and has more get up and go than the MP3 500 IMHO.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Congrats on the new wheels. People do seem to like them.
@tn_sooner avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain

Molto Verboso
@tn_sooner avatar
2012 BV 350, 2013 BMW C650 GT, 2015 Indian Chieftain
UTC quote
Following in my footsteps... It is a great bike. Lots of fun and well built.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
Another previous MP3 owner who now uses a BV 350 as my choice for highways and rural roads. Light, quick, handles well, and so far (2 years) - quite reliable. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new ride.
OP
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
The BV350 is so much more fun than the MP3 500, the MP3 is a heavy pig in comparison
UTC

Hooked
2009 piaggio mp3 500 2013 Kawasaki Versys

Hooked
2009 piaggio mp3 500 2013 Kawasaki Versys
UTC quote
I would be interested in test riding the new 2015 Yamaha 3 wheeler if it ever comes to the US.
@stickyfrog avatar
UTC

Moderatus Rana
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s

Moderatus Rana
@stickyfrog avatar
MP3 250 and 2 MP3 500s
UTC quote
Billdog loved his BV350 but then tried a Kymco Downtown 300 and liked it even better. I have been meaning to test ride one.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
OP
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
stickyfrog wrote:
Billdog loved his BV350 but then tried a Kymco Downtown 300 and liked it even better. I have been meaning to test ride one.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
It looks bigger than the BV350. Will have to compare, I was definitely looking to go smaller in size, higher in HP to weight ratio.
@cubsking99 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Yamaha Vino 125

Ossessionato
@cubsking99 avatar
2007 Yamaha Vino 125
UTC quote
After I got my Vino 125, I rode it exclusively for a few days. When I went back to my MP3 I was shocked at how heavy and slow to turn it felt.

Glad to hear you found a bike that feels better for you.
OP
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
CubsKing99 wrote:
After I got my Vino 125, I rode it exclusively for a few days. When I went back to my MP3 I was shocked at how heavy and slow to turn it felt.

Glad to hear you found a bike that feels better for you.
Just to clarify, I still have the MP3 500 and it's not going to be sold anytime soon. Both have their places

if I am going somewhere where solid ground for parking may be an issue, I will take the MP3
@cubsking99 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2007 Yamaha Vino 125

Ossessionato
@cubsking99 avatar
2007 Yamaha Vino 125
UTC quote
I got that. I still have mine, too. But I ride my Vino as my daily driver now for everything in-town (which is 'most everything) instead of the MP3.
@klaborde avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie

Ossessionato
@klaborde avatar
2009 MP3/250, 2012 GTS Super 300ie
UTC quote
The New Honda 300cc is very nice too...

I'm sticking with my MP3's for now with the hope they will finally send the Newer Model to the US next year.
I have the Vespa GTS 300, but its more like a around the town bike I use.

Keith,
Marietta, GA.
OP
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
The dealer had a 300 Honda Scooter, it was much larger than the BV350.
@loulouclub avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
mp3 lt 400

Ossessionato
@loulouclub avatar
mp3 lt 400
UTC quote
Re: New Ride
WEB-Tech wrote:
Still have the MP3 500 but the BV350 will be getting ridden the most. It is a beautiful riding scooter, light, very flickable and has more get up and go than the MP3 500 IMHO.
hello WEB-Tech

I think you should look for this cute scooter, flexible in the choice of color and the Accessories . for me its a real favorite !!
your friend
"LLC "

http://www.peugeot.com/fr/actualites/nouveau-django-quand-peugeot-conjugue-le-passe-au-futur

traduction du texte du cite web peugeot :

New Django: when Peugeot combines the past with the future
Pioneer adventure PTW giving birth to the first motorcycle in 1898, winner of the most prestigious competitions such as the Bol d'Or and the Grand Prix des Nations and inventor of the modern scooter plastic body there just 30 years old, Peugeot Scooters has 115 years always reinvented itself in order to surprise: investing segment neo-retro with Django, Peugeot Scooters relies on its history to better shape their future.

In 2014, Peugeot Scooters changes register with a stylistic out midway between tradition and modernity with Django, a neo-retro scooter that, 60 years later, the myth renews sublime S55 / S57.

A HISTORY OF STYLE
Born in the early 50s at the time S55 is a two-seater scooter with real practicality and a very plush equipment. Refined vehicle, it is especially the first scooter sold by Peugeot and become appropriate to changes the S57. Symbol of freedom and elegance to the French, it's this scooter that our designers were inspired to draw the silhouette of his successor: Django.

With its name to the musical sound and irresistible retro lines, Django owes its identity to a singular legacy. Inspired by his past, Django is a scooter which only forms seem to want more than half a century later, rewrite history. A history of style.

Indeed, Django is primarily a matter of elegance, the most demanding appreciate the winks and refinement of a vehicle where nothing was left to chance. Firmly on his 12 'wheels', Django seems to stretch as a flagship, characterized by its well-rounded rear fenders, pierced by three air intakes, and a body extended recalling sedans of the time.

SPIRIT RETRO TECHNO "Neo"
If he can not deny an obvious affiliation with the S55 / S57 a strict aesthetic point of view, Django is however a scooter to modern technology whose hallmark is the light signature.

With a full LED lighting system, Lion housed in the center of the wide grille is now overseen by a permanent light guide distinguishes Django all other scooters on the market: Peugeot Metropolis as his cousin and his light bar between 2 front wheels, a glance is sufficient to identify its unique personality.

The same principle is extended to the rear with a fire made ​​of a strip light with increased visibility, reinforcing the spirit of neo-retro Django. Besides this equipment again derived from the automotive world, Peugeot Scooters plays rupture between a retro style has a modern equipment: powered by four engines powerful and economical Django adopts a mechanical arsenal from 50 cm3 2 stroke and 4 stroke to 4-stroke 150 cm3 through the 125 4 stroke.

As for safety, the full braking Synchro Braking Concept (SBC) dividing the dosage simultaneously front and rear wheels is available on the displacements 125 and 150 It is in the eyes of the pilot that the radical change occurs because at the center of the table edge that looks very 'fifties' is an impressive LCD display and an overall odometer, outside temperature and the actual speed in addition to the analog needle. Ergonomically, Django strenna new stalks whose lines show the embossing calender hosting the Peugeot Lion.

Life on board is welcoming, first leg of the driver who will appreciate a wide flat body color painted floor, protected by elegant slip strips, avoiding slip shoes or a possible bag during heavy braking . Makes available the low seat height peaking at 770 mm more. Comfortable, padded according to the selected universe, it is also very inviting: with a wheelbase of 1,363 mm and an overall length of 1944 mm, Django is particularly spacious, including use duo where driver and passenger have a zone large enough comfort to not interfere.

Scooter functional, Django has a 12V socket in the glove box on the back deck, a hanger bag, 2 eye-bags located under the seat and a good storage under the seat for accommodate a jet helmet.

In short, a scooter with authentic style, both technological and practical, perfect for commuting in urban areas.

HYPER CUSTOM
For those who like the style and look who hate everyone, Peugeot brings a reply in six letters: Django. At the basis of reflection, giving our customers maximum choice to find the scooter that best suits their needs and desires. The personalization concept thus requires two entrances: the one hand UNIVERSE & Django ID other.

Allure, Sport, Heritage & Evasion, Peugeot offers four pre-defined universe positioning Django in registers of style and radically different equipment. In this approach, the customer chooses only the engine, the color of his body and possible accessories.

For those who want even more, Peugeot offers a second entrance door by developing Django ID, digital configurator will, from your computer, to customize and to make a Django custom, unique: SON Django.

King of hyper-personalization, Django offer through the configurator Django ID no less than 118,000 models ambition to seduce a young mixed anxious to move efficiently and with style urban customers, sensitive fashion.

Marketing Django is scheduled for summer 2014.[/url]
@loulouclub avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
mp3 lt 400

Ossessionato
@loulouclub avatar
mp3 lt 400
UTC quote
Re: New Ride
loulouclub wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
hello WEB-Tech

I think you should look for this cute scooter, flexible in the choice of color and the Accessories . for me its a real favorite !!
your friend
"LLC "

http://www.peugeot.com/fr/actualites/nouveau-django-quand-peugeot-conjugue-le-passe-au-futur

traduction du texte du cite web peugeot :

New Django: when Peugeot combines the past with the future
Pioneer adventure PTW giving birth to the first motorcycle in 1898, winner of the most prestigious competitions such as the Bol d'Or and the Grand Prix des Nations and inventor of the modern scooter plastic body there just 30 years old, Peugeot Scooters has 115 years always reinvented itself in order to surprise: investing segment neo-retro with Django, Peugeot Scooters relies on its history to better shape their future.

In 2014, Peugeot Scooters changes register with a stylistic out midway between tradition and modernity with Django, a neo-retro scooter that, 60 years later, the myth renews sublime S55 / S57.

A HISTORY OF STYLE
Born in the early 50s at the time S55 is a two-seater scooter with real practicality and a very plush equipment. Refined vehicle, it is especially the first scooter sold by Peugeot and become appropriate to changes the S57. Symbol of freedom and elegance to the French, it's this scooter that our designers were inspired to draw the silhouette of his successor: Django.

With its name to the musical sound and irresistible retro lines, Django owes its identity to a singular legacy. Inspired by his past, Django is a scooter which only forms seem to want more than half a century later, rewrite history. A history of style.

Indeed, Django is primarily a matter of elegance, the most demanding appreciate the winks and refinement of a vehicle where nothing was left to chance. Firmly on his 12 'wheels', Django seems to stretch as a flagship, characterized by its well-rounded rear fenders, pierced by three air intakes, and a body extended recalling sedans of the time.

SPIRIT RETRO TECHNO "Neo"
If he can not deny an obvious affiliation with the S55 / S57 a strict aesthetic point of view, Django is however a scooter to modern technology whose hallmark is the light signature.

With a full LED lighting system, Lion housed in the center of the wide grille is now overseen by a permanent light guide distinguishes Django all other scooters on the market: Peugeot Metropolis as his cousin and his light bar between 2 front wheels, a glance is sufficient to identify its unique personality.

The same principle is extended to the rear with a fire made ​​of a strip light with increased visibility, reinforcing the spirit of neo-retro Django. Besides this equipment again derived from the automotive world, Peugeot Scooters plays rupture between a retro style has a modern equipment: powered by four engines powerful and economical Django adopts a mechanical arsenal from 50 cm3 2 stroke and 4 stroke to 4-stroke 150 cm3 through the 125 4 stroke.

As for safety, the full braking Synchro Braking Concept (SBC) dividing the dosage simultaneously front and rear wheels is available on the displacements 125 and 150 It is in the eyes of the pilot that the radical change occurs because at the center of the table edge that looks very 'fifties' is an impressive LCD display and an overall odometer, outside temperature and the actual speed in addition to the analog needle. Ergonomically, Django strenna new stalks whose lines show the embossing calender hosting the Peugeot Lion.

Life on board is welcoming, first leg of the driver who will appreciate a wide flat body color painted floor, protected by elegant slip strips, avoiding slip shoes or a possible bag during heavy braking . Makes available the low seat height peaking at 770 mm more. Comfortable, padded according to the selected universe, it is also very inviting: with a wheelbase of 1,363 mm and an overall length of 1944 mm, Django is particularly spacious, including use duo where driver and passenger have a zone large enough comfort to not interfere.

Scooter functional, Django has a 12V socket in the glove box on the back deck, a hanger bag, 2 eye-bags located under the seat and a good storage under the seat for accommodate a jet helmet.

In short, a scooter with authentic style, both technological and practical, perfect for commuting in urban areas.

HYPER CUSTOM
For those who like the style and look who hate everyone, Peugeot brings a reply in six letters: Django. At the basis of reflection, giving our customers maximum choice to find the scooter that best suits their needs and desires. The personalization concept thus requires two entrances: the one hand UNIVERSE & Django ID other.

Allure, Sport, Heritage & Evasion, Peugeot offers four pre-defined universe positioning Django in registers of style and radically different equipment. In this approach, the customer chooses only the engine, the color of his body and possible accessories.

For those who want even more, Peugeot offers a second entrance door by developing Django ID, digital configurator will, from your computer, to customize and to make a Django custom, unique: SON Django.

King of hyper-personalization, Django offer through the configurator Django ID no less than 118,000 models ambition to seduce a young mixed anxious to move efficiently and with style urban customers, sensitive fashion.

Marketing Django is scheduled for summer 2014.[/url]
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
UTC quote
WEB-Tech wrote:
It looks bigger than the BV350. Will have to compare, I was definitely looking to go smaller in size, higher in HP to weight ratio.
The Downtown is about the same size as the BV 350. The Kymco weighs 367 lbs and has a wheelbase of 60.8 inches. The BV weights 390 lbs and has a wheelbase of 61.4 inches. The Kymco 300 (298) engine produces 29 hp. The Piaggio 350 (330) engine 33 hp. The two are very close in price.
OP
@web-tech avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@web-tech avatar
UTC quote
Dooglas wrote:
WEB-Tech wrote:
The Downtown is about the same size as the BV 350. The Kymco weighs 367 lbs and has a wheelbase of 60.8 inches. The BV weights 390 lbs and has a wheelbase of 61.4 inches. The Kymco 300 (298) engine produces 29 hp. The Piaggio 350 (330) engine 33 hp. The two are very close in price.
If it was the 300 I saw, the plastic made it much wider than the BV350, or at least it looked a lot wider.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.1015s ][ Queries: 20 (0.0660s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]