OP
UTC

Lurker
GT200l

Lurker
GT200l
UTC quote
G'day all, I have a GT200l with an engine that won't start and I suspect a fuse issue. Problem is, I can not even open the glove box, even using the master key. Have tried using a built tool to trap the catch and trip it open but am having no luck. Does anyone know a way in to the glovebox. I can not see any other way and I do not want to damage the glovebox lid by forcing it. Attache d a PIC for verification.
Cheers
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@ks7877 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@ks7877 avatar
UTC quote
Welcome to Modern Vespa, Gustyoz.

My glove box was pried open using a flat blade screwdriver in about the same location as your locking pliers. It damaged the cover, though. Others have had success by going through the horn cover or left knee pad.

Hope you get it sorted and can turn that frown up-side down.
OP
UTC

Lurker
GT200l

Lurker
GT200l
UTC quote
Thanks for that. Made in in using a fishing line(20lb) wriggled to trap the latch and pull it down. Zero damage and happy camper.
Thanks for the help😀
@paulm avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTV300 & GTS300 & 946 & GTV250 & GTS300ABS

Hooked
@paulm avatar
GTV300 & GTS300 & 946 & GTV250 & GTS300ABS
UTC quote
That is a great idea ! I will remember that if it is ever needed!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0395s ][ Queries: 8 (0.0158s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]