AirHawk Seat Cushion
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Enthusiast
MP3 250
Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:06 pm quote
I ordered the Airhawk seat cushion on RenoBob's advice and it came in yesterday. So far I've only put about 50 miles on it but it's quickly evident that it does the job of relieving the tailbone pressure point. Pic enclosed so y'all can see to evaluate the asthetics for yourself.

Mike

seat1.jpg

Addicted
mp3 250 & MP3 400
Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:09 pm quote
Mike

That is the same setup that I have. I can add air or take air out and I really like that. Did you find that a little air goes a long way. It almost feels flat whan not sitting on it. I like the way it is baffled and I can feel the air forward and back and side to side as I shift my weight around on the seat. Well you know what I mean. I am glad you like it.

Bob Always have a smoooooooth ride.
Addicted
Piaggio MP3-500, Aprilia Mana 850, Aprilia SR 50 Factory
Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:06 am quote
Which size AirHawk are you guys using on your MP3? I have been considering buying on that I can move between the MP3 and the Honda Silver Wing. Most have purchased the large on for the Silver Wing.

Thanks,
Enthusiast
MP3 250
Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:23 pm quote
Ed, The one I have and the one shown in the pics is called the MEDIUM CRUISER.
Enthusiast
MP3, GTS250
Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:32 am quote
I ordered the Air Hawk medium cruiser seat pad, based on the comments here. It arrived today. Not inexpensive at about 189, but very nice quality.

I have just had time to put it on my MP3, and ride for fifteen minutes. I can already tell several things:

It is a definite fix for the low seat on the MP3! You can get the height so that it matches the height of the rear, and that means the stock seat problem is now not an issue anymore!

Also, the air inflation is a great comfort, providing more cushioning and support.

So, in summary, so far it is THE solution to the stock seat problem, and without modifying the stock seat.

Great suggestion! Thanks so much for telling us about this!
Enthusiast
MP3
Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:57 am quote
Wow 200 for an inflatable pillow! I think I will hold out for a Corbin. Note to self: save $500 ugh
Molto Verboso
Vespa ET4

Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:05 pm quote
roverpal wrote:
I ordered the Air Hawk medium cruiser seat pad, based on the comments here. It arrived today. Not inexpensive at about 189, but very nice quality.
Gee, I hate doing this to you, but it might help someone else ...$139 @ RL

http://www.cyclesaddles.com/home/Accessories/Airhawk_styles.htm

Janine
Enthusiast
MP3, GTS250
Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:18 pm quote
wow. This is a really good price: only $139, which saves $50!
Addicted
Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:06 am quote
I ordered the Medium Cruiser last evening from AllBrand via eBay for $127.95 plus $13.00 shipping. They had 9 in inventory when I placed my order. I found them by doing a search on http://froogle.com and up they popped. I hope this helps future purchasers.
Enthusiast
MP3 250
Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:34 pm quote
I think you're going to like that, Ed, I know I do mine. Just remember, the trick to it is use as little air as possible. When you're not sitting on it, it'll just look flat. What I did was sit on it (inflated) then let the air out till you touch the seat, then just add in a breath of air. Works great!

Mike
MP3 250ie
Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:29 am quote
AirHawk medium cushion
I got mine today via UPS from RL cycles. 4 day delivery from my date of order, placed on advice from this list! Thank you all. Look at:

http://www.cyclesaddles.com/home/Accessories/Airhawk_styles.htm

for $139 plus $10 shipping.

I installed and tested it right away. Wow - what a relief. Adds a bit of needed height, smooths out much of the tailbone pressure, gives nice front support (tender), and makes riding this machine at last a comfortable pleasure. The multiple air cells adjust nicely to changes in riding posture, which I suspect would not be the case for a foam or gel cushion. Am I right?

RL says that the cushion has to be stored under your seat when stopped and absent from your scooter (say, at lunch), lest it be stolen. Such apparently has happened. But, that's a small price to pay for all this comfort.

Now, why in the world didn't Piaggio provide a comfortable seat for a scooter costing this much?
Addicted
Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:43 pm quote
Mine arrived via USPS on Tuesday. I haven't ridden with it much yet but so far I am VERY pleased with it. I will be riding my Silver Wing up to Sturgis, Mississippi for the South Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, leaving on August 16th so I will give it a good test run then. We will put a bit over a 1,000 miles on the bikes that weekend.

Thanks for the heads up,
Scooting the Ozarks is a scooter rally held in Eureka Springs, Arkansas offering riders scenic twisty rides, poker run, and more.   Vespa Wasp Pin Badges   AF1 Racing Vespa Austin
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.3707s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0838s) ][ Debug on ]