Piaggio Topcase
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
Enthusiast
MP3
Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:16 pm quote
My top case arrived at the dealer and I am not sure I want it on my mp3 as it is so big and the Mrs. is hell bent against riding the thing.
For those of you who own it does the case separate from the support rack or am I stuck with the case all the time?
Molto Verboso
Gilera Fuoco 500 Verde Chianti
Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:53 pm quote
You can easaly take it from the rack, there is a sort of switch inside the case. Don't forget to turn the switch to closed again when the case is on th erack, that way you can't lose it.

IMG_0078.JPG
With the Case

IMG_0079.JPG
You need to turn the switch to open an then turn your key anticlockwise and you can slide and lift the case of.

IMG_0080.JPG
Without the case

Addicted
GTS250 SOLD
Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:23 am quote
How much weight can one safely put in the case or on the rack? Can it hold 30 lbs?
MP3

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:47 am quote
I installed my topcase last night and figured out a way to use the original, leatherette backrest on top of the new plastic piece that is staring you in the face. Granted, it took an additional twenty minutes to install, the silver unlock lever is tucked away and it takes a little fiddling to push the lever mechanism, and it takes an additional minute to unlock the topcase so the trunck can be fully opened, but the finished look is the way it should for this expensive accessory (no plastic appearance, lower back rest matches the seat and the topcase backrest, the screw knob and silver lever are out of site).

Piaggio already made this a bit cumbersome by designing the release mechanism they way they did. This modification adds only a little more inconvenience and makes up for it, and then some, in appearance.

(sorry, I do not have a digital camera)
Missouri Loves Company Rally   vespa scooterwest scooter west Motorsport Scooters   Yelcome Leather Top Cases and Roll Bags for Piaggio Vespa PX LX LXV GTS GTV
Post Reply    Forum -> MP3 Discussion
[ Time: 0.1478s ][ Queries: 25 (0.0340s) ][ Debug on ]