OP
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500LT

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500LT
UTC quote
On my way out tonight and I felt the throttle cable go.

As there is nothing when I open up the throttle it seems obvious which of the two cables has gone but as it looks as though most of the plastic has to come off I'm going to replace both.

At the same time I'll check the valve clearances.

Based on other posts it'll take 5 hrs for the cables and maybe another hour for the valves if all goes smoothly.

Wish me luck!
@lady_n_red avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
2009 MP3 500ie "The Bug"

Enthusiast
@lady_n_red avatar
2009 MP3 500ie "The Bug"
UTC quote
Re: Something for the weekend!
prof1967 wrote:
On my way out tonight and I felt the throttle cable go.

As there is nothing when I open up the throttle it seems obvious which of the two cables has gone but as it looks as though most of the plastic has to come off I'm going to replace both.

At the same time I'll check the valve clearances.

Based on other posts it'll take 5 hrs for the cables and maybe another hour for the valves if all goes smoothly.

Wish me luck!
Good luck.. Glad to hear it was only the scooter that broke down. 😂
OP
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500LT

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 500LT
UTC quote
Cables replaced and eveything put back together and running

When I first got my MP3 last year it would get up to 120kmh no problem at all, but recently it was struggling.

With the new cables fitted it seems to be hitting 120kmh again. Ican only assume that the reduced tension on the cable due to wear and tear meant that the throttle wasn't opening up fully.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0457s ][ Queries: 6 (0.0178s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]