OP
UTC

Lurker
2013 Vespa 150 S

Lurker
2013 Vespa 150 S
UTC quote
I hit a gravel patch the other day and took a nasty spill on my Vespa. I now noticed what seems to be an oil or gas leak. I think I've identified the source - it appears to be coming from a hole with no cap. I'm not very savvy so hopefully someone can identify how to fix this. I attached some photos for reference. Thanks!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@lx125man avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa LX 125

Molto Verboso
@lx125man avatar
Vespa LX 125
UTC quote
Looks like oil coming from the air filter. When the bike went down the oil has mad it's way to the filter.

Open it up and you will need to clean the oil filter.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
What LXMAN said. Also clean out the bubble as it will probably be full. Need to lightly oil the filter before you put it back in. I just use a little engine oil but you can buy a spray can of filter oil i think.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0431s ][ Queries: 7 (0.0172s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]