OP
UTC

Lurker
1979 px 125

Lurker
1979 px 125
UTC quote
I am new to the vespa world as of 2 weeks ago. I bought a 1979 px 125 that i have been trying to buy for 2 yrs... I have replace the clutch cable. It runs great and my only problems are;
1. I have no turn signals

2. My head light will just go dim at any point of riding. At idle or high rpm....

Any ideas on the head light issue?
@vader19 avatar
UTC

Mr. Clean
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special

Mr. Clean
@vader19 avatar
P,SUPER,V90, 50 Special
UTC quote
regarding the turn signals, when mine have gone out it was either a blown bulb in one of the signals or my battery wasn't charged enough..

Check your battery 1st.. or put it on a trickle charger overnight and see if that helps.. And/or you can pull the lenses off and check the bulbs.. look for visual signs of burned out bulbs and check the continuity of the bulbs with a multimeter.. I've had bad bulbs that looked good from the outside but were bad and the multimeter let me know this.

There's also the turn signal relay which could be bad (my P has one that looks like a round, cylinder and it's next to my battery under the left cowl)
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
UTC

Lurker
1979 px 125

Lurker
1979 px 125
UTC quote
Thanks for your help. I have put a new battey in the day i got it. I will check on the other things you listed.

Thanks again
Mike
@astromags avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
'80 P200E, '76 Primavera 125 ET3. '59 Vespa 150

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@astromags avatar
UTC quote
Also should mention that a blown fuse will cause these symptoms. Fuse holder is clipped to the battery box. takes a European style 8amp
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
UTC

Lurker
1979 px 125

Lurker
1979 px 125
UTC quote
Is it a fuse box or on inline fuse? I only could find a inline fuse, it was not that style but it was good.

Thanks for your help!
Mike
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
px200 cutdown,px180,px150. Puch SR. Puch scooterette

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@joshzingzing avatar
px200 cutdown,px180,px150. Puch SR. Puch scooterette
UTC quote
mike67bug wrote:
Is it a fuse box or on inline fuse? I only could find a inline fuse, it was not that style but it was good.

Thanks for your help!
Mike
yeh could be a square shape fuse with the two prongs (im not sure what that type is called)

also your indicater box might be rectangle shaped but it will be the one with three spade bit terminals and 12v written on the side,,,should be next to the regulator
@astromags avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@astromags avatar
UTC quote
mike67bug wrote:

Thanks for your help!
Mike
If it's a stock one it will be a white plastic tube that twists open. The euro style fuses are recommended.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0633s ][ Queries: 11 (0.0373s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]