@new200guy avatar
UTC

Addicted
2019 MP3 500hpe Sport

Addicted
@new200guy avatar
2019 MP3 500hpe Sport
UTC quote
I did a search and there is a lot of information from way back when.

For those of you that are still riding and did it way back when, have you had any adverse affects from the cone filter?

I am mainly looking for people who have had this mod long term...over a year or more.

And for those of you that have had it on for quite a long time, over a year, what are you impressions?

mainly interested in the midrange area of things.

Thanks.
@fobio avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 500

Hooked
@fobio avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
I have a water shield on mine and on really wet days, sometimes you need to twist the throttle at startup to get it to start. This means I have to get it on the kickstand to start it.

Also, on the highway, also if it's really wet, sometimes it'd cut momentarily when I give it enough throttle to jump to high rpm's around 7000. If I throttle up gently, it wouldn't be as bad but if I twist the throttle hard, the cut is very noticeable.

I'm about to change plugs and that would be telling if I'm running lean overall. The noise of the induction is also much louder...rivaling my usually louder mufflers.

The only reason I'd revert to the OEM box though, is if at the upcoming plug change, I discover that it runs excessively lean. I can say that from my observations, my exhaust runs hot, so that could be one sign. I've been running with the cone filter mod for a few yrs at least with around 14,000km.

This is the thread when I had assembled the mod:

https://modernvespa.com/forum/post1465906?highlight=#1465906
OP
@new200guy avatar
UTC

Addicted
2019 MP3 500hpe Sport

Addicted
@new200guy avatar
2019 MP3 500hpe Sport
UTC quote
Thanks for the information.

If you would post how your plugs looked, I would be interested prior to doing the mod to mine.

Optic wise, looks good. Very clean looking.
@fobio avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 500

Hooked
@fobio avatar
MP3 500
UTC quote
This is my original thread from my first plug change...from OEM...and updated with the set that replaced them that I've ran for the past ~10K km.

Recent DIY oil + plug change experience [11,500km]

Plugs look fine.
@kawzak avatar
UTC

Addicted
New 2023 BV-400

Addicted
@kawzak avatar
New 2023 BV-400
UTC quote
I used to run K&N filters in everything. They are well made. I am speaking of the gauze type here. What I have seen is fine silt in the throttle bodies of fuel injected engines, and in the intake manifolds right below/at carburetor .Some will collect-no matter what filter used. However after using K&N's for over 40 years on various engines I am convinced that either oiled foam, or paper keep more dirt out of your engine. Just my 2 cents.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0497s ][ Queries: 9 (0.0224s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]