@staceman avatar
UTC

Hooked
PX150

Hooked
@staceman avatar
PX150
UTC quote
If you had $500 to spend on your scooter (mine's a PX 150, stock standard), what would you buy? A new pipe and jet? Better rubber? Racks? Suspension?

Not that I have $500, just curious for when I do!
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
px200 cutdown,px180,px150. Puch SR. Puch scooterette

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC quote
this would be top of my list http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/racing+exhaust+rz+mark+one+_25041000

trying to remember who has an orange gp in perth......pl?
@tommylittlescooter avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
BV200, P200E (2),V90 and now a Big Ruckus

Molto Verboso
@tommylittlescooter avatar
BV200, P200E (2),V90 and now a Big Ruckus
UTC quote
Since my work is either starving me or treating me well, I would spend it all on extra tires and tubes for those times I need them while broke.
@subetherbass avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1997 Italjet Formula 125, 2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others

Ossessionato
@subetherbass avatar
1997 Italjet Formula 125, 2 matching N.Z. '69 VBC Super, 177cc Racer, VespaCross Bodge, Puch SRA150, Piaggio Zip 100! & others
UTC quote
In the following order (ie spend till $$ run out)
2nd hand pipe.
Jet kit (10 diff sizes)
2nd hand 24/24 carb (if you dont already have it)
DR177 kit.
YSS adjustable Shocks
Tyres
@t5bitza69 avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
T5s

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@t5bitza69 avatar
T5s
UTC quote
street tough
a jl left hand curly exhaust n a pair of ades custom drop bars ...... think ive overspent
@subetherbass avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@subetherbass avatar
UTC quote
But if it was for me... Then, 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears... Thereis about $500
@socalguy avatar
UTC

bodgemaster
63 GL, 76 Super (x2), 74 Primavera (x2), 79 P200, 06 Fly 150

bodgemaster
@socalguy avatar
63 GL, 76 Super (x2), 74 Primavera (x2), 79 P200, 06 Fly 150
UTC quote
Depends on what's important to you... for us, the best money spent on the scoot performance-wise has been carb, kit, tires, pipe in that order.
@george1966 avatar
UTC

Addicted
125/150

Addicted
@george1966 avatar
125/150
UTC quote
Hi guys new to all this scooter stuff but will give a go

http://www.scooter-center.com/en/product/7676070/Wheel+rim+PINASCO+tubeless+210+10+alloy+split+rims+Vespa+type+PX+alloy+polished?meta=

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vespa-PX-125-E-Lusso-1992-YSS-Shock-Absorber-Adjustable-Rear-Mono-Shock-/131508732997?hash=item1e9e880445

having had a shorts changing body bouncing down the road puncture on a tubed bike tyre, i think the tubeless split rims are a great idea ,and a great investment throw your 400/4 down the road and every part that can get damaged "does" I have had a couple of tubeless punctures over the years one more than a little scary but a sort of predictable deflation and i did not fall off LOL

george
@larrytsg avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P200e

Ossessionato
@larrytsg avatar
1979 P200e
UTC quote
I guess it all depends on what you want, form or function....

A pipe, carb upjet, and upgraded shocks and tires will probably get you the most simple and inexpensive bang for the buck.

But chrome and electronic doodads are the thing for some people.......
@bobo avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'70 Super 150, Medley 150S, '23 Ducati Monster SP

Ossessionato
@bobo avatar
UTC quote
I spent about that on SIP Road, new shocks, Pinasco tubeless and new tyres. Pretty happy with where the scoot's at and won't buy anything else. If I had a lazy $500, it'd go towards the next scoot.
@ginch avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@ginch avatar
74 Super, 75 Super, PX project, LML off-roader and '66 Blue Badge Smallframe
UTC quote
Bobo wrote:
I spent about that on SIP Road, new shocks, Pinasco tubeless and new tyres. Pretty happy with where the scoot's at and won't buy anything else. If I had a lazy $500, it'd go towards the next scoot.
Speaking of which, I believe those scooters you looked at earlier are now $500.
@subetherbass avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@subetherbass avatar
UTC quote
george1966 wrote:
Hi guys new to all this scooter stuff but will give a go

http://www.scooter-center.com/en/product/7676070/Wheel+rim+PINASCO+tubeless+210+10+alloy+split+rims+Vespa+type+PX+alloy+polished?meta=

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vespa-PX-125-E-Lusso-1992-YSS-Shock-Absorber-Adjustable-Rear-Mono-Shock-/131508732997?hash=item1e9e880445

having had a shorts changing body bouncing down the road puncture on a tubed bike tyre, i think the tubeless split rims are a great idea ,and a great investment throw your 400/4 down the road and every part that can get damaged "does" I have had a couple of tubeless punctures over the years one more than a little scary but a sort of predictable deflation and i did not fall off LOL

george
pass on the rims for now... they don't offer any performance or handling 'upgrade'... & you have good rims already.

Tip for the day:
Get quality rubber tubes... rubber simply punctures & holds onto the nail, so goes down slowly... others will split the tube when it is punctures & goes down immediately...
I remember when I used to train with chemicals that Rubber gloves were no good, as you did not know there was a pin-prick (hence glove fills up with chems!), whereas Nitrile would immediately split open, so you knew there was potential to get chems on your hands & therefore you could change it before you got poisoned.
@bobo avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@bobo avatar
UTC quote
Ginch wrote:
Bobo wrote:
They're still there but I'm gonna pass. Decided I'd rather spend my time riding than rebuilding. Reckon they'd end up costing me a bomb in the end too. Still want something else - was looking at a Guzzi but can't afford it. Now considering a touring bike - namely a Suzuki V Strom. Some cheap, low km ones around. Fairly cheap to keep on the road too. I could probably save the money without the wife noticing Razz emoticon . Ugly bike but practical. Would be perfect for riding down the coast and could take it on the fire trails too.
UTC

Addicted
Old douglas ..smallie with polini 115..super with nasco 177

Addicted
Old douglas ..smallie with polini 115..super with nasco 177
UTC quote
DR 177 cylinder(un molestered)
Gran Sport piston
Sip 2 road pipe
24 carb

Mint bullet proof tune
@jakester avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa PX200e

Hooked
@jakester avatar
Vespa PX200e
UTC quote
Cylinder kit & exhaust then at a later date longer crank.
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@joshzingzing avatar
UTC quote
Bobo wrote:
Ginch wrote:
Bobo wrote:
They're still there but I'm gonna pass. Decided I'd rather spend my time riding than rebuilding. Reckon they'd end up costing me a bomb in the end too. Still want something else - was looking at a Guzzi but can't afford it. Now considering a touring bike - namely a Suzuki V Strom. Some cheap, low km ones around. Fairly cheap to keep on the road too. I could probably save the money without the wife noticing Razz emoticon . Ugly bike but practical. Would be perfect for riding down the coast and could take it on the fire trails too.
nearly bought a vs650 when i bought the honda 250cbr,,,, wish id bought the zook as the honda was too small for me
@bobo avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@bobo avatar
UTC quote
joshzingzing wrote:
Bobo wrote:
Ginch wrote:
Bobo wrote:
nearly bought a vs650 when i bought the honda 250cbr,,,, wish id bought the zook as the honda was too small for me
Not sure what a VS is. The one I'm thinking of is a DL650 (V Strom). It's not a bike that really excites me but it just looks like a good, practical all-rounder.
@joep avatar
UTC

Hooked
05 PX, 80P200, 63Li150, to many others

Hooked
@joep avatar
05 PX, 80P200, 63Li150, to many others
UTC quote
I also have a PX150. If I had 500 to blow on it, I would get a set of PX200 cases. Turn my 150 into a 200.

As a side note I have a 05 PX150 with a DR177, T5 24/24 carb, SIP road, and sidecar attached. Would like a 200 for the sidecar but need to keep the electric start for obvious reasons. My P has over 20,000 miles and has been rebuilt many times. The next time I rebuild, I certainly wouldn't mind going to a 200. I know it would cost more than 500 to do this but thats what a set of cases cost so there you go.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0897s ][ Queries: 21 (0.0568s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]