@kawzak avatar
UTC

Addicted
New 2023 BV-400

Addicted
@kawzak avatar
New 2023 BV-400
UTC quote
I did this to my wifes Piaggio Fly years ago. I removed the earring blinkers and installed blinker sockets in the running light lens front and rear (or maybe it was just wiring and bulbs-I forget). Looks alot better to me, still very functional. Anyone here done this to their MP-3?
OP
@kawzak avatar
UTC

Addicted
New 2023 BV-400

Addicted
@kawzak avatar
New 2023 BV-400
UTC quote
Anyone?
@maksor avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie

Ossessionato
@maksor avatar
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
UTC quote
Eurostyle is this

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@cummingsjc avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky), Genuine Scooter Hooligan, Genuine Scooter Buddy 50, Genuine Scooter Black Cat

Addicted
@cummingsjc avatar
Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky), Genuine Scooter Hooligan, Genuine Scooter Buddy 50, Genuine Scooter Black Cat
UTC quote
Re: Converting US blinkers to European style
kawzak wrote:
I did this to my wifes Piaggio Fly years ago. I removed the earring blinkers and installed blinker sockets in the running light lens front and rear (or maybe it was just wiring and bulbs-I forget). Looks alot better to me, still very functional. Anyone here done this to their MP-3?
Which model of the US MP3 do you have, since it is not indicated in your user profile box? I assume that you are referring to the older model 500 since the 250/400 don't have the external turn signals (their lights are integrated into the front fenders and rear light assemblies.
UTC

Hooked
Now own a Moto Guzzi Cali 1400. Wife has a Buddy 125

Hooked
Now own a Moto Guzzi Cali 1400. Wife has a Buddy 125
UTC quote
He's probably referring to the new model 500. Photos I've seen of them show very fragile looking, very thin turn signals sticking out that look as if you'd snap them off just by bumping into them in your garage.

http://www.piaggiousa.com/pub/resized/1024x731/2262f38c9c7eb064de2a93ea5de7c14b.jpg
@cummingsjc avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@cummingsjc avatar
UTC quote
George_S54 wrote:
He's probably referring to the new model 500. Photos I've seen of them show very fragile looking, very thin turn signals sticking out that look as if you'd snap them off just by bumping into them in your garage.

http://www.piaggiousa.com/pub/resized/1024x731/2262f38c9c7eb064de2a93ea5de7c14b.jpg
I was wondering if that was the case since kawzak is new on the forum and and is posting a lot on a variety of maintenance related questions, including this one. Unfortunately, it does not specify in his user profile which version of the MP3 he has. I don't know if there are any significant mechanical differences between the old 500 and the new version, but I am afraid he might get inaccurate advice from someone that doesn't apply to his version.
OP
@kawzak avatar
UTC

Addicted
New 2023 BV-400

Addicted
@kawzak avatar
New 2023 BV-400
UTC quote
2016 MP-3 500. And yes those little fragile arrows are just waiting to get broke if you just lightly catch one on your jeans going by. I converted my wife's Piaggio Fly. It has front and rear running lights. I converted these to running lights/blinkers. I will probably do something like this to the new MP-3 500, just wondering if anyone else has. If nothing else I will shorted the blinker stalks. I have done that on numerious motorcycles. The last one a Ural side car rig-the OEM blinkers were 4" out from front fork and rear tail light. You could not walk around the bike without running into one. Besides that you can tell the arrow/earring type blinkers just look like a add on, where when the blinkers are part of the same running light lens on the bike-all is smooth,intergrated. When I get around to doing the conversion it I will post pictures, If I can figure out why my camera won't upload onto my computer (it did a while back).
@maksor avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Gilera Fuoco 500ie

Ossessionato
@maksor avatar
Gilera Fuoco 500ie
UTC quote
the european does have the same

but you could exchange the rear unit for the one out of the X10 same rearend

and out the older fenders on with the blinkers in it
OP
@kawzak avatar
UTC

Addicted
New 2023 BV-400

Addicted
@kawzak avatar
New 2023 BV-400
UTC quote
It looks like the rear light conversion will be easy. The front-I will have to buy the Euro front fenders, or get creative. What ever I do is reversible, so I can put back to stock if needed/resale time.
@turkman avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 GTV 250

Ossessionato
@turkman avatar
2009 GTV 250
UTC quote
'16 MP3
The turn signals are mounted on rubber stocks and if bumped into give a lot.
@sanogeo1 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Red Mp 3 500

Molto Verboso
@sanogeo1 avatar
Red Mp 3 500
UTC quote
I like the blue color, Very nice.
@cummingsjc avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@cummingsjc avatar
UTC quote
kawzak wrote:
It looks like the rear light conversion will be easy. The front-I will have to buy the Euro front fenders, or get creative. What ever I do is reversible, so I can put back to stock if needed/resale time.
The picture that Maksor posted above is of a European MP3 model equivalent in style to the previous US 250/400 body style. Although It looks very similar to the new US 2016 MP3, tentatively the front fenders are shaped a bit different from what I see when comparing pictures. For the front fenders, I don't know if the parts are compatible with your 2016. Maksor, the person that posted the photo above should be able to tell you one way or another, alternatively another, forum member, klaborde, might also help since he has had his 2016 for a few months now and still has an older 250.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0797s ][ Queries: 15 (0.0494s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]