@gass avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 250

Addicted
@gass avatar
GTS 250
UTC quote
This sunday's, 8th November is,the Armistice day, Ride of Remembrance. Organised by the Fulham Wasps it usually brings 400 or so scoots out to pay their respects for the fallen dead in war. Last few years its been Regent's park as a start point , but for some reason it will be in Fulham. So meet 10.30 at Eel Brook pub, on the New Kings Rd, junction of Wandsworth Bridge Rd SW6. ...11 am one minutes silence, then around 12 noon ride to Hyde Park Corner for the laying of wreaths, then presumably back to Fulham for a drink and music. I'll be there. Actually I lived for 30 years only 5 mins walk from the pub and never knew it had a scooter club based there. Gass silver machine Gts 250
@fenner avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS 300 ["work in progress ....YELLOW]

Hooked
@fenner avatar
UTC quote
There you go gass, all the details below, I'm riding down from Peterborough with a few of my "stink wheel" riding buddies. I'm sure that there were around 1000 scoots last year ?

THE WASPS OF LONDON SCOOTER CLUB
Are proud to announce this years Ride Of Remembrance Vlll will take place as normal despite what some people may be saying.
Due to matters out of our control we have been unable to get a license to hold this years ROR at Regents Park basically it come down to The Police not wanting the event go-ahead there
We then decided to use a new and more suitable venue in Battersea Park but once again due to matters out of our control we are unable to hold the event there we had a telephone call from Wandsworth Council telling us this would not be possible due to the reasons stated below the night before there will be a firework display with a crowd over 50,000 people also there is a four day ski event being held in the park.. We have considered many avenues and alternative venues but have decided this year as a one off only we will meet at the EEL BROOK PUB on the new Kings Road Fulham SW6 we feel the area is large enough to accommodate The amount of scooters we would expect to turn up with the backdrop of the park behind us and the pub opposite this would be an ideal setting to hold the two minute silence and then at midday start off on our Ride Of Remembrance Vlll..
We need everyone's help in putting the word out that this years event will start from the new Kings Road in Fulham....
Your co-operation understanding and full support in this matter is much appreciated
Let's move forward together and make this event every success it has been over the past seven years
The wasps of London scooter club look forward to welcoming each and everyone of you!!!
Scoots safe
We will remember them!!!!!!!!

[URL=http://s1135.photobucket.com/user/machinefix/media/12036558_945989458824977_3742144810330869399_n.jpg.html]External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text[/URL]

Tony
@pepy27 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2021 White Racing Sixties, 1959 Vespa 150 VBA, 1959 Lambretta Series 2 LI125, 1999 PX200E

Ossessionato
@pepy27 avatar
2021 White Racing Sixties, 1959 Vespa 150 VBA, 1959 Lambretta Series 2 LI125, 1999 PX200E
UTC quote
Tempting......anyone got a handle on what the weathers doing?
OP
@gass avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 250

Addicted
@gass avatar
GTS 250
UTC quote
poppy
Very good turn out today... I reckon 600 scooters lined up along the New Kings Rd Fulham...Talked to some who'd ridden down from Sheffield also someone from Birmingham. 4 Skocks, me, Andy, Grant n Mike.. Route to Hyde Park corner along Kings Rd, Sloane Square, Eaton Terrace. Paid respects at the Artillery memorial, then a pint at the Star Tavern in a nearby mews. The place where the 'Great Train Robbery' was planned. Cheers Gass silver machine GTS 250
@ashbrook avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550

Ossessionato
@ashbrook avatar
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550
UTC quote
Re: poppy
gass wrote:
Very good turn out today... I reckon 600 scooters lined up along the New Kings Rd Fulham...Talked to some who'd ridden down from Sheffield also someone from Birmingham. 4 Skocks, me, Andy, Grant n Mike.. Route to Hyde Park corner along Kings Rd, Sloane Square, Eaton Terrace. Paid respects at the Artillery memorial, then a pint at the Star Tavern in a nearby mews. The place where the 'Great Train Robbery' was planned. Cheers Gass silver machine GTS 250
Don't forget Fenner who was down from Norfolk..... Very nice to see you all. Will post some vids soon
@fenner avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@fenner avatar
UTC quote
Re: poppy
ashbrook wrote:
gass wrote:
Don't forget Fenner who was down from Norfolk..... Very nice to see you all. Will post some vids soon
See you at the Fighting Cocks ashbrook

Oh and sorry I couldn't come for a beer Grant, I was the only one with a satnav and had to guide my "stink wheel" riding buddies to Ace Cafe !
@ashbrook avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550

Ossessionato
@ashbrook avatar
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550
UTC quote
@ashbrook avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550

Ossessionato
@ashbrook avatar
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550
UTC quote
@ashbrook avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550

Ossessionato
@ashbrook avatar
Vespa GTS Kymco AK550
UTC quote
@mattscoots avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mattscoots avatar
UTC quote
Looks superb, gutted I missed it Definitely next year though Razz emoticon
@pepy27 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@pepy27 avatar
UTC quote
I'd had a tough few days so was too exhausted to make this, sorry folks.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0744s ][ Queries: 14 (0.0415s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]