OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
Greetings! I'm new to modernvespa, and scootering, but have been riding motorcycles since age 9. I've owned everything from Hondas to Harleys.

I had the great pleasure of test-riding a new Granturismo last Saturday, and must report that I am impressed with the ride, control and power. Many of the 'scooter preconceptions' that I had were dismissed with the test ride.

My question: how well does the GT 200, or more specifically, the GTS 250, handle the twisty roads? I love to lean, but am concerned that a scooter might disappoint in this area.

I am REALLY am gravitating toward the GTS 250 (don't know which color though: red or silver?). I just don't want to buy it, ride it for a week, and then wish I hadn't bought it.

Thanks for any input!
@tikka avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
07 GTS250ie VCOA#2794

Ossessionato
@tikka avatar
07 GTS250ie VCOA#2794
UTC quote
What is an FNG

Check out this thread for some good info on the GTS:

Wild ride on the new GTS (Post 14239)

Tom
@mesmer avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GT200

Molto Verboso
@mesmer avatar
GT200
UTC quote
Tikka Masala wrote:
What is an FNG
I've heard the term "effing new guy" used. But I could be wrong in this instance.
OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
Tikka Masala wrote:
What is an FNG

Tom
FNG= Funny New Guy

Thanks for the link; I musta missed that one during my searches in the forum over the last few days
@steve avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
'06 Vespa LX150, '07 Suzuki Burgman 400, '05 Honda Metropolitan

Ossessionato
@steve avatar
'06 Vespa LX150, '07 Suzuki Burgman 400, '05 Honda Metropolitan
UTC quote
Hi Drew, and welcome!

Off topic from your post, but where in VA are you located? (Add yourself to the maps sticky at the top of this forum)

We lived west of Fredricksburg in the '80s, and there are some great driving roads out that way! Several of my friends lived along the back roads fronting the national parks and they were a blast in my VW Scirocco. Went back a couple of years ago and drove them in my MGA. Now I need to go back with the scoot!
@beale avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
None! I sold it :(

Ossessionato
@beale avatar
None! I sold it :(
UTC quote
Re: Question from an FNG
Drew wrote:
Greetings! I'm new to modernvespa, and scootering, but have been riding motorcycles since age 9. I've owned everything from Hondas to Harleys.

I had the great pleasure of test-riding a new Granturismo last Saturday, and must report that I am impressed with the ride, control and power. Many of the 'scooter preconceptions' that I had were dismissed with the test ride.

My question: how well does the GT 200, or more specifically, the GTS 250, handle the twisty roads? I love to lean, but am concerned that a scooter might disappoint in this area.

I am REALLY am gravitating toward the GTS 250 (don't know which color though: red or silver?). I just don't want to buy it, ride it for a week, and then wish I hadn't bought it.

Thanks for any input!
Hey Drew welcome to the site! I know we have at least 2 other Va members. Paka, he is down in Va beach, and JRSJR, from Richmond. I grew up around Franklin Va, Southampton county myself.

If you can spring for it go for the GTS. I have a Gt and love it, but after reading the glowing reports on the GTS fell like the red headed step child, LOL. Really either bike will do great, enjoy the site and hope you are scooting soon, Beale.
@jess avatar
UTC

Petty Tyrant
0:7 And counting

Petty Tyrant
@jess avatar
0:7 And counting
UTC quote
Re: Question from an FNG
Drew wrote:
I ride my GT200 through twisties a lot, and lean reasonably far with no problems or disappointments. That being said, I've never really spent any amount of time on a motorcycle, and so don't have much to compare it to. Take it with a grain of salt, I guess.

I've heard of a few members here who have leaned far enough to scrape their security loop, though.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
@grind avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@grind avatar
UTC quote
Welcome to the forum, Drew.

Last week was the Greater Milwaukee Auto Show. Big deal, right? Yes, actually. The Milwaukee Vespa dealer was there with about a dozen bikes and had a Vespa video playing on a wide screen. It was showcasing the GTS, from mild mannered 'round town riding to a guy going from side to side on a twisty road. I was pretty impressed with how far he was leaning it over.
@turkman avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 GTV 250

Ossessionato
@turkman avatar
2009 GTV 250
UTC quote
GTS in the corners
My BMW hasn't been out for weeks, the GTS is just to much fun! The back roads full of twisties are no dissapointment on the 250. I think with a different set of tires it'll even be more fun.
OP
UTC

Lurker

Lurker
UTC quote
Thanks for all of the replies! I'm not looking to do track days, I just want to have some fun, and it sounds like the GTS is the way to go.

I'm in Mechanicsville, VA, just northeast of Richmond. I even managed to put my pushpin on the ModernVespa map

Thanks!
@machineguncharley avatar
UTC

Hooked
2007 Vespa LX150 (Yellow)

Hooked
@machineguncharley avatar
2007 Vespa LX150 (Yellow)
UTC quote
I guess I'm a little bit late in welcoming you, but glad to have you here!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0613s ][ Queries: 15 (0.0349s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]